Can Kilkenny be stopped this year??

Started by thejuice, April 05, 2009, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Just on paddy power, for kilkenny too do the triple, league, leinster (sp) and all ireland. They'll give you 4 quid back on a 30 quid stake.

Its hard to look past kilkenny, very hard. I'll be interested to watch the dublin game, they've looked good so far, very different style of hurling to most teams.

That is a great post juice, both of them two could and prob would beat anyone atm. However it is early in the season, and in a knockout competition it only takes a slight wobble for the wheels to come off.

One more thing, when watching the game, I thought king henry was very quiet and a bit of colour in the first, missed a few frees and that. Cody must of had a word, in 2nd half he was unreal. anyone is the dummy, i think is was on keady? he passing and movement are unreal too. almost back to his best
Pull hard and early

slow corner back

Hard to know who would win between KK north and south going on those teamsheets, probably the one managed by Cody :D

Bud Wiser

Strange as it may sound but I think the Dub's will give them the best game.  Daly has the Dublin defence sorted, a bit of tweaking with the forwards and they will be at least at the races.  Interestingly enough, outside of Kilkenny, Dublin have conceded less than any other team in both Div 1 and Div 2 conceding 5-85.  Even Tipp who are second conceded 11-80.  Cork of course 16-103 (an all time league record) and Clare 8-101 so 5-85 from six games is good when put alongside the 10 goals and 98 points they scored, I wish Laois could do it.  I have every confidence in Dublin to make a game out of it, I'm not saying they will win but they have earned their place in the table through hard graft and a good manager and in the end that is what is requred to take on the Cats.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

INDIANA

We're missing 3 of our best players lads. I'm genuinely fearful. With our full whack playing the game of their lives and conversely kilkenny on a session the night before in langtons- they'd probably still win. Damage limitation I'm afraid. They are only starting to train now. At a wedding their at the weekend- a prominent kilkenny man told me-they are only training once a week at the minute. Holy shit I'm thinking -everyone else busting themselves and these guys haven't scratched themselves yet. Frightening.
Under 15 points I'd be delighted. I'm going down to it anyway- looking forward to it in a perverse sort of way.

Minder

Fella was telling me Loughguile were in Kilkenny at the weekend and got one of the Kilkenny selectors to train them a few times, he said Comerford got a terrible bollocking from Cody at training after the Tipp game (he scored 3 goals) because he wasnt making enough supporting runs. He then fropped him against Cork  :o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

This more like it-all this talk of an invincible Kiikenny is so defeatist. The history of sport is littered with teams and individuals couldn't be beaten and of course were. Kilkenny are magnificent but  every team can be beaten and  if Tipp or Galway give it a lash... why the hell not?.... as Con Houlihan says... read on   

Tipp boss predicts All-Ireland victory
Tipperary manager Liam Sheedy
30 April 2009

Tipperary manager Liam Sheedy is convinced that his players have what it takes to win an All-Ireland title.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's NHL final against Kilkenny, the Portroe man boldly predicted that Tipp would lift the Liam McCarthy Cup in the near future.

"We're heading in the right direction," he said. "We've 10 under 21s in the panel at the moment so I would definitely be happy with the commitment and work in training.

"Tipp will be back and Tipp will be winning All-Irelands. I don't know whether it will be this year or next year of when exactly it will be, but I do know that the attitude of this squad and amount of work they are putting in will be rewarded."

Sheedy described the Premier County's crushing defeat to Kilkenny earlier in the campaign, when they conceded 5-9 in the first half alone, as "one of those days".

He added: "Yes, that first half was a rough 35 minutes but let's now focus too much on that.

"It was one of those days that just got away from us. I'd prefer to focus on the good days we've had. If we take the many positives we've built up over two years and take them into Thurles next Sunday, you will see a different Tipperary team."

milltown row

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 30, 2009, 12:58:02 PM
This more like it-all this talk of an invincible Kiikenny is so defeatist. The history of sport is littered with teams and individuals couldn't be beaten and of course were. Kilkenny are magnificent but  every team can be beaten and  if Tipp or Galway give it a lash... why the hell not?.... as Con Houlihan says... read on   

30 April 2009

Tipperary manager Liam Sheedy is convinced that his players have what it takes to win an All-Ireland title.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's NHL final against Kilkenny, the Portroe man boldly predicted that Tipp would lift the Liam McCarthy Cup in the near future.

"We're heading in the right direction," he said. "We've 10 under 21s in the panel at the moment so I would definitely be happy with the commitment and work in training.

"Tipp will be back and Tipp will be winning All-Irelands. I don't know whether it will be this year or next year of when exactly it will be, but I do know that the attitude of this squad and amount of work they are putting in will be rewarded."

Sheedy described the Premier County's crushing defeat to Kilkenny earlier in the campaign, when they conceded 5-9 in the first half alone, as "one of those days".

He added: "Yes, that first half was a rough 35 minutes but let's now focus too much on that.

"It was one of those days that just got away from us. I'd prefer to focus on the good days we've had. If we take the many positives we've built up over two years and take them into Thurles next Sunday, you will see a different Tipperary team."

i wish i could believe that but Tipp will have a poor team out on sunday. they may well stay with Kilkenny a bit longer but only out of pride. the Cats will run over the top of them in the second half winning by at least 15 points. the two Kelly's injured along with others can only point this game in one direction.

kilkenny are evens -7 points!!!!!  more chance of packed flight going to Cancun this weekend that the Cats being pushed

longrunsthefox

I'm thinking of the championship more than Sunday...

INDIANA

Quote from: milltown row on May 01, 2009, 04:11:05 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 30, 2009, 12:58:02 PM

30 April 2009

i wish i could believe that but Tipp will have a poor team out on sunday. they may well stay with Kilkenny a bit longer but only out of pride. the Cats will run over the top of them in the second half winning by at least 15 points. the two Kelly's injured along with others can only point this game in one direction.

kilkenny are evens -7 points!!!!!  more chance of packed flight going to Cancun this weekend that the Cats being pushed

Don't agree. Calliinan, Hennessy and Noel Mc Grath are in the top 10 u21 players in Ireland- to describe them as poor players is an insult to them. Tipperary are the only team that can break Kilkenny's dominance in the coming years. Kilkenny will get their fill of it on Sunday. These boys are beating kilkenny regularly at underage level- in 2 years time Kilkenny will have a genuine contender. Kilkenny will win on sunday it won't be anywhere near 15 points against Tipp. I'd say 6-8 points win for the cats.

milltown row

Cats by 15 points 6/4 with paddy power at the minute.

the 7 points even money is the best value.

those lads that ya have mentioned INDIANA wont figure against the more established Kilkenny hurlers, because Dublin got close last week wont make any difference probably make it worse for Tipp

marym

Afer watching the rugby match tonight, I would say anthing is possible. If a few were to have off days and the opposition were to play well. You never know.

thejuice

Didnt see it myself but must have been a hell of a game. Kilkenny are looking more human these last few weeks.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

INDIANA

Quote from: milltown row on May 02, 2009, 12:08:32 AM
Cats by 15 points 6/4 with paddy power at the minute.

the 7 points even money is the best value.

those lads that ya have mentioned INDIANA wont figure against the more established Kilkenny hurlers, because Dublin got close last week wont make any difference probably make it worse for Tipp

Ah now I wasn't too far off the mark . I think young callinan and mc grath were excellent today. ;)

milltown row

spot on Indiana, number 5 today was man of the match. tipp were great

Kickboxer