Armagh vs. Cork Sunday, April 12

Started by Oraisteach, March 29, 2009, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

going to stick a few quid on cork. they are ready for it now in my view- genuine contenders.

Orior

Feking shite. And to think I had a bonus on Armagh in the spreads
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Benny Barnaveld

I think with the team and the performance today told the tale of our ambition for promotion.
We should have been beaten by at least 20 points today if Cork had taken their scores.

Skiddybadoo

I'm afraid that headless chicken performance comes from management.  Totally inept.   More shape to a beanbag.  In saying that even where management had no hand i.e. when men were one-on-one with their opponent there was worrying signs.  Donaghy was beaten for pace quite often and that is one of his strong points.  What would Sean Cavanagh make of that in May?  Brian Mallon despite his two points was ineffective, and I single him out only because it is a trend.  Joe Feeny won't cut it in the Summer, but this is only his first year.  Hearty was responsible for a number of points though he did make a brave stop.  Is Paul Kernan injured?

We simply don't have the forwards (although Henderson should have gotten much longer).  Never thought Id hear myself say it, but MOR is a vital part of the team.  Can Toal not be persuaded to come back?

Charlie tried hard all day and was the pick and I thought Tony Kernan had a good first half.
Cork should have won by 20.
Despair.

Benny Barnaveld

I kinda thought all performances were shocking today, bar T.Kernan, C.McKeever and C.Vernon.
Back 6 were woefull. When I seen the team on tg4, I thought they had made a mistake with A.O'Rourke named at CHF.
Unfortunately it was not a mistake..........

If in county Armagh, if we have to play a 20 stone, well past his best, cetre half back at centre half forward, then I don't know!
Disappinted not to see McEvoy between the posts, thought he has done more than enough to make the jersey his own.
Hearty put 3 over the side line, and gifted 3 points by inconsitent kickouts, average day at the office for him!

Clarke looked injured, why did K.O'Rourke or R.Henderson not start in the corner?

ArmaghGAAforum

agree with whats been said, so disappointing to see such a lack of ambition.  Hearty was a mess and the whole time lacked structure.

Legs11

Quote from: Benny Barnaveld on April 12, 2009, 08:37:13 PM
I kinda thought all performances were shocking today, bar T.Kernan, C.McKeever and C.Vernon.
Back 6 were woefull. When I seen the team on tg4, I thought they had made a mistake with A.O'Rourke named at CHF.

If in county Armagh, if we have to play a 20 stone, well past his best, cetre half back at centre half forward, then I don't know!
Disappinted not to see McEvoy between the posts, thought he has done more than enough to make the jersey his own.
Hearty put 3 over the side line, and gifted 3 points by inconsitent kickouts, average day at the office for him!

Clarke looked injured, why did K.O'Rourke or R.Henderson not start in the corner?

k o rourke,mc cellend,feeney, jus not good enough jp donnelly was poor..Would like to have see mc Evoy start i think he's the best keeper we have!
should have stayed at home..dont think shannon can man make either was poor also..

Benny Barnaveld

I think gents we have to look at the bigger picture.

Look at the players who we have lost in recent years;
McGrane, McKeever, Bellew, McNulty, McEntee x 2, Marsden, McConville etc, S.McCDonnell is a shadow of his former self
Players like these don't come acround very often. Who have we to replace them?

We just should have won more when we had these players.
Now we have a pretty average bunch in comparison. Harte has proven he can win AI with average players, but I don't think McDonnell can.

Our Nail Loney

20 stone?? Be serious...

Real1995

Was that a pre-championship wake up call or what?

Number of things stood out today in my eyes...

1. How much did we miss MOR? Bigtime...I have been critical of him on many occasions but to be honest i now feel that he is one of our most important players.

2. A number of those who started today are jus simply not good enuf......McClelland  / AOR lacked serious pace...Feeney / Lavery Just not good enuf

3. Hearty in my eyes now is def not 1st choice...one good save 2day but his distribution of kickouts is not in the same league as Philly...

4. Vernon countinues to impress and jus hope he can carry this form into the championship.

5. Of the rest TK was prob one of the better players on show for us 2day...I'd imagine he will be a championship starter and our free kick taker.

6. From a managment point of view I am disspaointed that Peter has not given PK, McKenna (Mayb is carrying an Injury) some game time...
Nice guys always finish second!

Benny Barnaveld

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 12, 2009, 09:43:10 PM

20 stone?? Be serious...

Lol. Okay maybe not 20. But he is certainly not as mobile and fit as he outta be.

corn02

An All Ireland winner for your county vy the way so show a bit of respect.

Did  not see the game but heard the same that was said on here. Heraty's kickouts poor, back line bar McKeever skint to a man, Vernon only man who looked interested.

Just as our good win in Kildare did not make us the ones to beat again, this one should not rule us out either. It is our Navan from last year.

illdecide

It was a poor performace alright and there a few lads on the team can now not be considered for our championship team. James Lavery is a cart horse with no pace whatsoever, i don't like singeling out anyone as they were all terrible with only C Vernon coming out slightly on top...It's gonna be a short summer lads
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Only watched it on TV in a pub myself, so missed bits and pieces.  Was a bit taken aback with that lineout, AOR at CHF? surely we are not that badly stuck for forwards?  The lineout sent out a message that we dont give a shite if we win this game or not and that was reflected in the team's performances.  Thought McKeever, Mallon and especially Vernon did well.

Hearty should not start come championship, the big hit and hope hoof into MF isn't going to do for us at the minute, McEvoy has shown far more versatility with his placed kick outs.  

Plenty to work on, and situation with the forwards looks worrying.

Benny Barnaveld

Quote from: corn02 on April 13, 2009, 09:07:47 AM

An All Ireland winner for your county vy the way so show a bit of respect.

Did  not see the game but heard the same that was said on here. Heraty's kickouts poor, back line bar McKeever skint to a man, Vernon only man who looked interested.

Just as our good win in Kildare did not make us the ones to beat again, this one should not rule us out either. It is our Navan from last year.

Ok...............
Aidan has been a good player for us, in the past. I was pointing out that his fitness is not there at the moment.
I have respect for all players who are willing to give it a try, but I no longer think he is worth his place in team, whether he won 0 or 10 AI titles.