Insure your dog

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 27, 2009, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Need to get pet insurance for the puppy (well she's 6 months old now), who would youse recommend and who would be the cheapest?
Resident in Belfast.
Tbc....

Hereiam

Believe it or not ur pet is covered under your house insurance or contents insurance. Check this out first.

mylestheslasher

I think you have to get stand alone insurance to cover illness to the dog. Never bought it so don't know where the best one is but I'm sure if you google you'll find some providers.

SidelineKick

Why not take your chances? If the dog dies buy a new one.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

The Iceman

I had the Doberman insured through Pet Plan - very reasonable and coverage up to a Million if he had ever went off the rails and attacked someone.
Worth it for the peace of mind and would help with medical bills if the dog was hit by a car or anything like that.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on March 27, 2009, 05:28:07 PM
Why not take your chances? If the dog dies buy a new one.

:D :D
Take cover sk......

aroundincircles

Would yous advise third party or fully comp???

delboy

Quote from: aroundincircles on March 27, 2009, 05:47:15 PM

Just go for fire and theft  ;)

5 Sams

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 27, 2009, 04:06:07 PM
Need to get pet insurance for the puppy (well she's 6 months old now), who would youse recommend and who would be the cheapest?
Resident in Belfast.

Pass no remarks on them hoors takin the piss GDA...pm me and I'll give you a few pointers....excuse the pun!!!
The Aristocrat Years

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Cheers for the help lads  ::) ;) have already priced on the net, seem pretty much the same = overpriced!
Petplan is really dear, was just wondering if any of you have actually insured a dog and who was  the best?
Btw it has to be fully comp.
Tbc....

Gaffer

Quote from: delboy on March 27, 2009, 06:00:14 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on March 27, 2009, 05:47:15 PM

Just go for fire and theft  ;)

Who would steal a dog thats on fire?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Orior on March 28, 2009, 02:50:01 PM
Try Tesco.

Thanks, have the tesco voucher here, will prob give them a try.
Tbc....

D4S

I have my dog insured with Direct Line

Not sure if they insure in the south though GDA.  Costs £11 a month, is great to have dog insured in case of any illness, leg breaks etc that could run your vet bills into 100s.  I know a fella had a boxer, broke its leg and cost them over £800 by time they were finished with vet.  Ive a Bassett Hound, great pup, and got him insured the day I got him.  Even covers if god forbid he runs out in front of a car and causes an accident and the people try to claim off you, up to the value of £2million believe it or not!  Covers, theft, loss, damage to home caused by dog or to anyone elses home etc!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

delboy

Why not just set up a direct debit of about £10 a month into a bank account, don't touch it until you need the money for vets fees. You'd have to be desperately unlucky to come out a loser compared to a traditional insurance policy. It also has the advantage that you will be be holding the purse strings and not some insurance company who can refuse treatments on the basis of it being ''experimental'.