The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 03, 2011, 01:15:22 AM
Can you think of anything that happened after 2006 that might have put a drain on the Fed. Anything at all?
Actually Yes...Pelosi and Reid took control of the purse strings  ;D

Quote from: muppet on August 03, 2011, 01:35:00 PM
J70 the President of the USA doesn't mis-speak. You misunderestimate them.
Moving swiftly along again I see Muppet  ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

dec

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 03, 2011, 01:13:07 AM
Quote from: dec on August 02, 2011, 10:54:58 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on August 02, 2011, 06:34:19 AMif you're spending more money than you're bringing in, YOU NEED TO CUT BACK ON SPENDING
or bring in more money
The top 50% already pay 97% of taxes Revenue ::) collected... do you want their first born also, this kind of thinking will drive
the wealth out of this country in search of tax havens elsewhere then who are they coming after  :o
No they don't. They may pay 97% of all income tax collected but not all tax. Payroll taxes, social security and medicare, are paid on all income and fall more heavily on the lower earners. With social security tax, once you reach a certain income level you don't pay any additional tax (for the current year $106,800).

Tyrones own

QuoteNo they don't. They may pay 97% of all income tax collected but not all tax.
Ah right...it's only 97% of income tax they pay ::) and that's not enough right?
QuotePayroll taxes, social security and medicare,
Payroll taxes...Mmm, lets see, what becomes of payroll taxes if the Corps, so called wealthy and regular small business owners that are the back bone of the US work force continue to be targeted, regulated to death and are ultimately shut down or driven out of the country ::)

SS and Medicare... If you intend to avail of these benefits at some point then yes, it's absolutely incumbent upon you to pay into them!
Strange how there's no uproar from all those in favor of higher taxes and bigger government that there are people who are non citizens and who never paid a dime in to SS quite happily receiving it  >:( but of course they've checked over the budget and can't find areas to be cut  ::), damn those tea party terrorists for highlighting such injustices!
Quoteand fall more heavily on the lower earners.
Please explain!
  - Walter Lippmann

dec

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 03, 2011, 08:03:23 PM
Please explain!
For 2011 tax year
Someone will a salary of $20,000 pays 4.2% in SS tax
Someone will a salary of $200,000 pays 2.2% in SS tax
Someone will a salary of $2,000,000 pays 0.22% in SS tax

Groucho

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

heganboy

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 03, 2011, 04:26:32 AM

Eh...ok, don't know exactly where I fall percentage wise in America but I'm paying a hell of a lot more than that :(
Not sure where you come up with that figure ???

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/incometaxandtheirs/a/whopaysmost.htm

here actually http://www.financialsamurai.com/2011/04/12/how-much-money-do-the-top-income-earners-make-percent/

and no you don't pay more than that. You pay next to nothing n gas (petrol) nothing on a mortgage and a bunch of other tax free stuff that means that your effective rate is less than 14%. Unless of course you're earning more than $390K in which case your effective tax rate peaks at 23%, in which case congratulations but that rate is still too low...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

Obama Turns 50 Despite Republican Opposition
August 4, 2011 | ISSUE 47•31

The Onion

01.10.08 WASHINGTON—After months of heated negotiations and failed attempts to achieve any kind of consensus, President Obama turned 50 years old Thursday, drawing strong criticism from Republicans in Congress. "With the host of problems this country is currently facing, the fact that our president is devoting time to the human process of aging is an affront to Americans everywhere," said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who advocated a provision to keep Obama 49 at least through the fall of 2013. "To move forward unilaterally and simply begin the next year of his life without bipartisan support—is that any way to lead a country?" According to White House officials, Obama attempted to work with Republicans right up until the Aug. 4 deadline, but was ultimately left with no choice except to turn a year older.

Tyrones own

Quote from: heganboy on August 04, 2011, 01:22:56 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on August 03, 2011, 04:26:32 AM

Eh...ok, don't know exactly where I fall percentage wise in America but I'm paying a hell of a lot more than that :(
Not sure where you come up with that figure ???

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/incometaxandtheirs/a/whopaysmost.htm

here actually http://www.financialsamurai.com/2011/04/12/how-much-money-do-the-top-income-earners-make-percent/

and no you don't pay more than that. You pay next to nothing n gas (petrol) nothing on a mortgage and a bunch of other tax free stuff that means that your effective rate is less than 14%. Unless of course you're earning more than $390K in which case your effective tax rate peaks at 23%, in which case congratulations but that rate is still too low...
Of course it is... that's my point and thanks for helping me with it, Its simply never ever enough with the tax, print, barrow and spend Democrats  ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

heganboy

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 05, 2011, 10:59:43 PMIts simply never ever enough with the tax, print, barrow and spend Democrats  ::)

as opposed to the don't tax, borrow (assuming you were going for borrow there) and spend more (mostly abroad so it doesn't help the economy) Republicans

heganboy

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 05, 2011, 10:59:43 PM
] but that rate is still too low...[/b]
Of course it is... that's my point and thanks for helping me with it, Its simply never ever enough with the tax, print, barrow and spend Democrats  ::)

Hang on a minute- you're not getting me- my point is that we are paying too little tax, are you sure you're agreeing with me?

ballela-angel

That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Tyrones own

Quote from: heganboy on August 06, 2011, 02:05:34 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on August 05, 2011, 10:59:43 PM
] but that rate is still too low...[/b]

Hang on a minute- you're not getting me- my point is that we are paying too little tax, are you sure you're agreeing with me?
Oh I think we all know where you and your ilk stand with taxes; ::)

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table,
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes Are the rule.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for
peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he
tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries Tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways To tax his ass.

Tax all he has Then let him know That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers; Then tax him some more, Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he's laid...

Put these words Upon his tomb, 'Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When he's gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Excise Taxes

Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax

Gasoline Tax
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax

Personal Property Tax
Property Tax

Real Estate Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Usage Tax

Sales Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
School Tax State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Yes it's more taxes we need  ::) where you always this brain washed for the cause HB or did living in NY simply bury you in sand?
  - Walter Lippmann

mannix

my telephone bill in new york city has 13 taxes on it, all listed out to see.

Mike Sheehy

I think they should introduce a new tax just to piss off the tea party...a "f**k you tea party" tax.
I'd pay it.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 08, 2011, 07:33:39 PM
I think they should introduce a new tax just to piss off the tea party...a "f**k you tea party" tax.
I'd pay it.
No need Mike...I listed a bunch of taxes on the last page that has already
done that and you've paid them...you're just playing in the same sand box
as HB... that we need more of them!
  - Walter Lippmann