The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Massey-135 on May 03, 2010, 06:38:09 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on May 03, 2010, 06:01:53 PM
Quote from: heganboy on May 03, 2010, 03:26:51 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on May 02, 2010, 11:11:03 PM

Gary Hubbell is a hunter, rancher, and former hunting and fly-fishing guide. Gary works as a Colorado ranch real estate broker.

What's your excuse T.O
. ?
For what HB ?...I simply posted this because I happen to believe
in the top line that I had in Bold :-\

Do you buy into all the rest of the shite in that article though? i haven't the time or inclination to get into a whole discussion today but most of that article is maddening stuff. the whole middle america thing of friday night football games and going for a weekend hunting? makes me want to puke. and that bit near the end about turning the clock back on over 100 years of liberalism, does he want to bring back racial segragation etc?

Maddening or not - that is how they roll over here. Middle america is alive and well - and sure theres nothing wrong with those things is there?

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: stew on May 03, 2010, 06:12:56 PM
To me what is unconstitutional is a President allowing illegal aliens into the country and bleeding the Country of much needed jobs for the American and legal workers in the States.

If you are an illegal alien in any Country you should be sent back to were you came from, you are illegally in a foreign country and therefore all Obamas rhetoric on this issue is nonsense, the fact is that Americans should be looking to him to uphold the law of the land, not aid the breaking of the law of the land.

Neither Obama nor the Mexican President talk about the fact that these people have no right to be in the Country in the first place, they are breaking the law by being here and they should be held accountable for that, be they black, white Muslim or Gentile.

With everything that is going on in Mexico these days, not to mention the fact that the border is porous and could be used by various enemies of the US I would have thought that the President would be making sure that all the countries border areas are shored up security wise, not this clown, it is open season at the minute and the fact is that America has no idea of these people history, health wise or if they have criminal records etc.

If you cant come into the country the right way dont come in at all.

All these illegals did not come in under Obama's watch, and bottom line is they all do jobs that the average white american are not prepared to do.

You must be popular down in the Irish bars ::)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

stew

All these illegals did not come in under Obama's watch, and bottom line is they all do jobs that the average white american are not prepared to do.

[/quote]

So what? Obama is the President of the United States, he should want the countries borders secured and he should want only legal workers in his country.

That line about the illegals only doing work the yanks wont do is a lie, a damned lie, the same shite was spouted in Ireland and nothing could have been further from the truth.

You can make all the excuses you want but you cant get around the fact that if you are in a country you have no right to be in you should be deported, end of discussion.

All the Irish I know in Green Bay are Legally in the country, we all get along fine, I drink in an Irish tavern in Florida about four times a year and there are about thirty guys that drink there that are illegal, they know how I feel and we get along fine, we simply agree to disagree.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on May 03, 2010, 07:18:54 PM
QuoteAll these illegals did not come in under Obama's watch, and bottom line is they all do jobs that the average white american are not prepared to do.

So what? Obama is the President of the United States, he should want the countries borders secured and he should want only legal workers in his country.

That line about the illegals only doing work the yanks wont do is a lie, a damned lie, the same shite was spouted in Ireland and nothing could have been further from the truth.

You can make all the excuses you want but you cant get around the fact that if you are in a country you have no right to be in you should be deported, end of discussion.

All the Irish I know in Green Bay are Legally in the country, we all get along fine, I drink in an Irish tavern in Florida about four times a year and there are about thirty guys that drink there that are illegal, they know how I feel and we get along fine, we simply agree to disagree.

It certainly was the truth in Ireland. Times have changed now though.
MWWSI 2017

Hedley Lamarr

"That line about the illegals only doing work the yanks wont do is a lie, a damned lie, the same shite was spouted in Ireland and nothing could have been further from the truth."

Sure it is......watch you don't get a nose bleed up on that high horse of yours :D
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Puckoon

Stew -  The US needs illegal workers, it really does. Maybe the current economic crisis has hurt many people - but all the people I hear bitching on the job forums and news lines in Reno are more than welcome to apply for the janitorial jobs, the McDonalds jobs and so on. They dont however. They would rather sit at home and bitch about whatever administration is in power and live off the state - at the same time crying about the mexicans taking their jobs. I would have GLADLY worked in McDonalds - or any other minimum paying job during the 8 months I was jobless - but my hands were tied in that I could only work in an area related to my degree in order to maintain legal status. I dont see the average unemployed american taking their future in their own hands right now and doing lower paying jobs just to be doing something. A slice of bread is better than no loaf - but they cant see that.

give her dixie

I could never get my head around the fact that the US, like Australia, are countries where everyone is either an immigrant, or a descendant of one. The 2 most racist countries I have ever been to.

They either kicked the natives of the land, or killed them. A bit like modern day Israel.

If the US were to kick out every illegal immigrant, then who would pick the fruit, mow lawns, etc, etc?

California is one serious producer of fruit and veg. Practically every single job is carried out by Mexicans.
Would middle America stand out in 100 degree+ weather picking oranges?

What I cannot get my head around is Irish people living the the US giving out about illegal immigrants. Take a look at how many Irish moved there, and how many of those were legal?

If it wasn't for the Donnelly and Morrision grenn cards, there would be thousands of Irish living there illegally.

Without illegal immigrants in the US, the economy would collapse.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

muppet

Quote from: give her dixie on May 03, 2010, 09:55:57 PM
I could never get my head around the fact that the US, like Australia, are countries where everyone is either an immigrant, or a descendant of one. The 2 most racist countries I have ever been to.

They either kicked the natives of the land, or killed them. A bit like modern day Israel.

If the US were to kick out every illegal immigrant, then who would pick the fruit, mow lawns, etc, etc?

California is one serious producer of fruit and veg. Practically every single job is carried out by Mexicans.

What I cannot get my head around is Irish people living the the US giving out about illegal immigrants. Take a look at how many Irish moved there, and how many of those were legal?

If it wasn't for the Donnelly and Morrision grenn cards, there would be thousands of Irish living there illegally.

I agree with this. We invented illegal immigrants. We are the world champions of illegal immigration.
MWWSI 2017

FL/MAYO

Quote from: give her dixie on May 03, 2010, 09:55:57 PM

There might even be a few of these people on this board ;)

give her dixie

While living in California in the 90's, I remember a Prop 187 Bill was up for a vote in the elections in Nov '94.
The bill was probably even harsher than the one in Arizona today.

The Republican canditate, Michael Huffington, supported the bill, and then by the end of the week,
he had to admit that he employed an illegal immigrant........

He lost, and the bill sank too.

What it proves that in the US, especially in California, people are willing to shout out about illegals, however, they have no problem hiring them to mow their grass, wash their plates, pick their fruit, and clean up after their lazy fat asses in Mc Donalds and Burger King.

Below is the news article on Huffington

THE 1994 CAMPAIGN: CALIFORNIA; Huffington Admits Hiring Illegal Alien
By B. DRUMMOND AYRES Jr.,
Published: October 27, 1994

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 27— Representative Michael Huffington, a candidate for the United States Senate who favors stronger measures to stop illegal immigration, said today that he had employed an undocumented alien at his home in Santa Barbara, Calif., until last year.

Officials of the Huffington campaign acknowledged that the immigrant, a woman, worked for five years for the Republican candidate and his wife as a nanny, taking care of their two young daughters.

They also said that the couple did not pay the required payroll taxes for the woman for the first two years she worked for them. The admissions came in response to an article in today's Los Angeles Times.

Federal law requires employers -- even those who employ people for part-time domestic work -- to verify that their workers are in the country legally before hiring them, and provides for fines for violations.

Mr. Huffington and his Democratic opponent, Senator Dianne Feinstein, have tried to position themselves as tough on immigration, and last week, Mr. Huffington announced his support of Proposition 187, a popular initiative aimed at curbing illegal immigration by denying most education and health benefits to illegal aliens. Ms. Feinstein came out against the measure, saying that her stand could cost her the race.

The proposition has become one of the most hotly debated issues in the election and one that has drawn national attention.

A Huffington campaign official who spoke on condition of anonymity said the the couple hired the nanny after their first daughter was born, and learned later that she was in the country illegally. In 1990, the official said, they began the process of attempting to obtain a green card for the woman, to allow her to live and work in the United States legally, and they began to pay her taxes.

The process of making the nanny's status legal had not been completed, the official said, when the Huffingtons moved to Washington last year after Mr. Huffington was elected to Congress.

The official would not say what country the nanny was from, but said she is still in the United States.

The question of hiring illegal aliens led President Clinton to withdraw two of his nominees for Attorney General, Zoe Baird, a corporate lawyer who had failed to pay Social Security taxes for illegal Peruvian household workers, and Judge Kimba M. Wood of Federal District Court in New York, who had hired an illegal alien as a babbysitter
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on May 03, 2010, 07:45:10 PM
Stew -  The US needs illegal workers, it really does. Maybe the current economic crisis has hurt many people - but all the people I hear bitching on the job forums and news lines in Reno are more than welcome to apply for the janitorial jobs, the McDonalds jobs and so on. They dont however. They would rather sit at home and bitch about whatever administration is in power and live off the state - at the same time crying about the mexicans taking their jobs. I would have GLADLY worked in McDonalds - or any other minimum paying job during the 8 months I was jobless - but my hands were tied in that I could only work in an area related to my degree in order to maintain legal status. I dont see the average unemployed american taking their future in their own hands right now and doing lower paying jobs just to be doing something. A slice of bread is better than no loaf - but they cant see that.

I have a neighbour that lost his job due to downsizing, he is delivering newspapers to help make ends meet whilst he also has a full time job he just landed that will pay him about half of what he was making, he is far from lazy.

I see Americans doing whatever they can to keep their heads above water, a golfing buddy of mine has owned an appraisal business for twenty years, the regulations have changed his industry under Obama and he is applying for jobs right and left and centre, doing what he can to keep bread on the table, I dont know one fecker that likes living on the dole over here, not a one.

stew

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on May 03, 2010, 07:26:41 PM
"That line about the illegals only doing work the yanks wont do is a lie, a damned lie, the same shite was spouted in Ireland and nothing could have been further from the truth."

Sure it is......watch you don't get a nose bleed up on that high horse of yours :D

I am not on a high horse, I know the score, I live in the states and I have a strong opinion on this, are you suggesting that illegal aliens have the right to be living in a country that didnt authorize their entry into the country?

J70

Quote from: muppet on May 03, 2010, 07:23:36 PM
Quote from: stew on May 03, 2010, 07:18:54 PM
QuoteAll these illegals did not come in under Obama's watch, and bottom line is they all do jobs that the average white american are not prepared to do.

It certainly was the truth in Ireland. Times have changed now though.

I've done plenty of shitty jobs, including working crappy fast food for years to put myself through university. When I started, such jobs were not easy to get and the place I worked was full of third level Irish students, many living at home in well-off areas of Dublin. By the time I left Ireland at the height of the Celtic Tiger, you wouldn't see a single Irish person working in any of those types of jobs in fast food, hotels, restaurants etc - it was all Africans and Chinese (I left just before the Polish influx). Forward a year or two and passing through Dublin airport, virtually every cute young shop assistant was Polish! Stew is definitely wrong in that regard. Sure why was Mary Harney pleading for tens of thousands of immigrants to come in to do all this menial work?

I have to agree with Stew though on the immigration thing, at least in terms of securing the border. There is no reason why hundreds of thousands should be streaming across every year. Would an expansion of the border patrol not put some of the thousands of police laid off over the past couple of years to work? Not even the tea partiers would object to a bit of stimulus in that respect I'm sure!

There's still plenty of illegal Irish about New York though, even if many went home over the past four or five years. I know of at least one who, after being illegal for three years, got a state-issued license required for his job, despite not having any proof that he had a right to be in the country!

heganboy

QuoteWe are the world champions of illegal immigration.
- or indeed immigration altogether.

saw this cartoon and wondered at what point did it become necessary to be a "legal" immigrant?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

QuoteWhat's your thoughts on his handling(a week later) of the Oil leak in the gulf Katrina anyone?
Or the attempted car bomb in your back garden?

poor and slow and cant believe he didn't blame bush or the lobbyists that changed the legislation surrounding the oil rig safety features.

as for the attempted car bomb (why attempted?) im either pleased that it was a dumbass attempt and a 15 year old chemistry student could do better, or very nervous because if you wanted to cause maximum damage you would place a patsy in there with a poor attempt and then see what the reaction was so that you could get a bigger impact when you know how the police and emergency services would react. But I'm a cynic...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity