The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 30, 2023, 06:35:12 AM
I dunno MS. There's something inherently wrong about skin colour being taken into account when applying for universities. I think its weird that anyone would want this in 2023.

It was taken into account the other way for hundreds of years before the 70s.

But it's a difficult issue for sure. Especially for Asian American students.

Perhaps they'll figure out some other way to give kids from poor and troubled backgrounds and locales a chance.

As I read someone commenting, when you start to regularly get black and Latino legacy students rolling up to Harvard, you'll know that things have progressed.

Gabriel_Hurl

Another scandalous made up indictment for 45

:'(

Eamonnca1

How many indictments are we up to now?

Orior

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 02, 2023, 05:14:22 PM

Does not appear to be doing him any harm in the race for the Republican nomination.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AustinPowers

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 02, 2023, 05:14:22 PM

As many as it will  take to stop him  running for  the Presidency

Jell 0 Biafra

Nothing he's currently indicted of would prevent him, even if found guilty, from running for president.

armaghniac

He'll not be a great President in the clink.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

He wasn't when he was free either.

Captain Scarlet

Isn't it insane that the Republicans in competition with him are terrified to really go at him.
Like usually an opponent jumps on anything but not the way it is over there.

I see the irony of me posting here when I'm also going to say there are too many in Irish media all over every Trump story while the HSE, housing and more are in bits...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

RedHand88

He's going to end up winning a second term isn't he.

Captain Scarlet

Sure if he does, that's what they want.
I hate this: 'This is not what my country is about' bollox from the USA. The hoor got millions of votes when he lost too.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2023, 12:01:56 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 03, 2023, 11:16:10 AM
He's going to end up winning a second term isn't he.

:(

I'd say so.

So there was a Republican commentator on the radio the other day giving up his two cents worth.

Basically he said that the Democrats want Trump to be the nomination rather than the other guy, as they feel that Trump will not win over the ones who are sitting on the fence, whereas the other candidate has a better opportunity to bring them back on the Republican side!

Its a gamble but sounds legit!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

The betting markets have consistently had Biden as the favourite all year. Trump closed the gap a little in June but Biden's numbers are on their way back up again, probably because of the strong economy. This RFK Junior character is going after the tinfoil hat vote on the left, but that sort of thing is more lucrative on the right where Trump is still the hot favourite for the GOP nomination.

Hound

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 03, 2023, 09:50:49 PM
The betting markets have consistently had Biden as the favourite all year. Trump closed the gap a little in June but Biden's numbers are on their way back up again, probably because of the strong economy. This RFK Junior character is going after the tinfoil hat vote on the left, but that sort of thing is more lucrative on the right where Trump is still the hot favourite for the GOP nomination.
Odds still very close. Biden only marginally ahead, but at around 6/4 or 7/4 he's still well odds against. Trump at mainly 2/1 just slightly longer.
Biden a poor candidate and Trump even worse. If either party had a very competent front runner, they'd be odds on.