The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Christ listening to this, Trump couldnt lace Bidens boots. Shouldn't have been even close!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: HiMucker on November 08, 2020, 01:50:21 AM
Christ listening to this, Trump couldnt lace Bidens boots. Shouldn't have been even close!
No Sleepy Joe tonight!

GiveItToTheShooters

He has the look and sound of a pure and utter unrelenting and passionate leader. Great to see and just what is needed. Good luck to him!

Blowitupref

Refreshing to see someone that looks and sounds the part. Articulate and intelligent statements throughout that victory speech.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

HiMucker

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 08, 2020, 01:52:07 AM
He has the look and sound of a pure and utter unrelenting and passionate leader. Great to see and just what is needed. Good luck to him!
I'm always suspicious of politicians, but he does seem to genuinely care. Read a great article on Politico there about the difference between him and Obama. Will have a look and post it.

RedHand88

I see no signs of dementia. He sounds very presidential.

screenexile

He nailed that speech hopefully it all leads to some real change!!

HiMucker

Quote from: HiMucker on November 08, 2020, 01:59:44 AM
I'm always suspicious of politicians, but he does seem to genuinely care. Read a great article on Politico there about the difference between him and Obama. Will have a look and post it.
There we go

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/14/obama-biden-relationship-393570

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: HiMucker on November 08, 2020, 01:59:44 AM
Yes i agree, you can really see it. Trump couldnt lace his boots.

RedHand88

Hes showing a real genuine intention to reach across the aisle. Some may say this is down to the fact he will be facing a republican Senate and will require their cooperation to legislate, but its still to be applauded.
At the very least hes reaching outside his base, something which Trump did not do and in my opinion cost him a second term.

J70

Yes. Remember "American Carnage"? :o

Hopefully McConnell will at least try to find some common ground.

HiMucker

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2020, 02:05:42 AM
Hes showing a real genuine intention to reach across the aisle. Some may say this is down to the fact he will be facing a republican Senate and will require their cooperation to legislate, but its still to be applauded.
At the very least hes reaching outside his base, something which Trump did not do and in my opinion cost him a second term.
Absolutely. It would seem that this has been a trademark of his political career. The snippet below from the article I posted tells alot. Always thought that in work, people happy to play the blame game, shovelling shit up hill getting nothing done.

Even with Biden as the Democratic nominee, Republican leadership and their aides can't help but feel more animosity toward Obama than Biden. In negotiations, Biden asked them what they could sell to their caucus while Obama would trenchantly but unproductively lecture leadership about why their caucus' worldview was wrong, the aides said.

"Frankly, I came to dread those Oval Office meetings because they were lost time," said one such former aide. "Those were hours of your life you were never getting back."

RedHand88

Quote from: HiMucker on November 08, 2020, 02:21:04 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2020, 02:05:42 AM
Absolutely. It would seem that this has been a trademark of his political career. The snippet below from the article I posted tells alot. Always thought that in work, people happy to play the blame game, shovelling shit up hill getting nothing done.

Even with Biden as the Democratic nominee, Republican leadership and their aides can't help but feel more animosity toward Obama than Biden. In negotiations, Biden asked them what they could sell to their caucus while Obama would trenchantly but unproductively lecture leadership about why their caucus' worldview was wrong, the aides said.

"Frankly, I came to dread those Oval Office meetings because they were lost time," said one such former aide. "Those were hours of your life you were never getting back."

Ideally, its what america and by extent the whole western world needs right now. A centrist who can bring both sides together in peace and harmony and someone who will encourage people to believe that those from the other side are not the enemy.

gallsman

Two good speeches. Harris is a straight up star.

Biden needs a catchier line to finish on than "May God protect our troops"

Jell 0 Biafra

It's a line that never gets old here.