The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

This should put the final nail in the Hunter Biden story coffin.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1321942389045497861

​​​​​​​
QuoteNBC Exclusive: The Hunter Biden 'dossier' that went viral on right-wing internet sites and was later disseminated by Trump's close associates appears to be from a fake 'intelligence firm'. The author of the report, 'Martin Aspen', does not exist.

sid waddell

I see fake "liberal" Glenn Greenwald has finally left no doubt at all as to what his bona fides are - none

It had been coming a long time

He'll have a nice cushy number grifting on Fox News now

Although perhaps Fox might be a bit sedate for him, maybe he'll join up with James O'Keeffe, Jacob Wohl or Alex Jones

And there's always RT, he's been pushing their propaganda line for a long time so I'm sure they'd find a place for him

So many grifting options

Maybe Griftwald will bring his buddy Matt Taibbi with him

J70

He's a strange one, Greenwald. Back in the 2000s he was a virulent critic of Bush and the Republican Party. Think I still have one of his books from back then lying around somewhere, but it was so over the top I gave up on it fairly quickly.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 29, 2020, 10:37:14 PM
This should put the final nail in the Hunter Biden story coffin.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1321942389045497861

​​​​​​​
QuoteNBC Exclusive: The Hunter Biden 'dossier' that went viral on right-wing internet sites and was later disseminated by Trump's close associates appears to be from a fake 'intelligence firm'. The author of the report, 'Martin Aspen', does not exist.

Maybe that's what was in Tucker's missing documents, which, apparently, UPS managed to find! ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on October 30, 2020, 12:55:31 AM
He's a strange one, Greenwald. Back in the 2000s he was a virulent critic of Bush and the Republican Party. Think I still have one of his books from back then lying around somewhere, but it was so over the top I gave up on it fairly quickly.
What Griftwald never tells you now is that he supported the Iraq War - in fact he does everything in his power to try and create the impression he was fiercely against it

But he did support it

Now he's not just defending but doing the bidding of a president run amok

From "How Would A Patriot Act? Defending American Values from a President Run Amok"

During the lead-up to the invasion, I was concerned that the hell-bent focus on invading Iraq was being driven by agendas and strategic objectives that had nothing to do with terrorism or the 9/11 attacks. The overt rationale for the invasion was exceedingly weak, particularly given that it would lead to an open-ended, incalculably costly, and intensely risky preemptive war. Around the same time, it was revealed that an invasion of Iraq and the removal of Saddam Hussein had been high on the agenda of various senior administration officials long before September 11. Despite these doubts, concerns, and grounds for ambivalence, I had not abandoned my trust in the Bush administration. Between the president's performance in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, the swift removal of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and the fact that I wanted the president to succeed, because my loyalty is to my country and he was the leader of my country, I still gave the administration the benefit of the doubt. I believed then that the president was entitled to have his national security judgment deferred to, and to the extent that I was able to develop a definitive view, I accepted his judgment that American security really would be enhanced by the invasion of this sovereign country.

screenexile

Early voting statistics are mind blowing... Texas having already surpassed their total vote figures for 2016.

Will be interesting to see if a better turnout means more Democrat votes. It's entirely possible that Trump has whipped up so much fear that Republicans are getting out the vote as well so will be interesting to see how things pan out on Tuesday.

You'd have to think with the Republican rhetoric and mountain of legal challenges trying to strike off votes that Republicans are worried. . . I sincerely hope they are but not making any predictions after the last fiasco!!

Milltown Row2

Girl on the other day and she was saying it took her 5 hours to vote? So are the standing in line to vote for 5 hours? WTF I'd lose interest after 5 minutes and head home...

Why is it so long? I know the population is a lot but surely more voting stations would bring the timing down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2020, 02:01:39 PM
Girl on the other day and she was saying it took her 5 hours to vote? So are the standing in line to vote for 5 hours? WTF I'd lose interest after 5 minutes and head home...

Why is it so long? I know the population is a lot but surely more voting stations would bring the timing down

In some places Republicans have only allowed 1 location per county. Actually shutting other locations to enforce it.

Unbelievable and shameful

Gmac

Quote from: LCohen on October 30, 2020, 02:31:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2020, 02:01:39 PM

In some places Republicans have only allowed 1 location per county. Actually shutting other locations to enforce it.

Unbelievable and shameful
you can get mail in ballot for months in advance that can be mailed or dropped off so there's
no excuse for not voting , don't believe the bs .

Gabriel_Hurl

Ah yes - the fantastic mail service that has been crippled this year by a postmaster who just happens to be a Trump megadonor.

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 30, 2020, 03:02:39 PM
Ah yes - the fantastic mail service that has been crippled this year by a postmaster who just happens to be a Trump megadonor.
republican voters tend to be in more rural areas so who would a slow mail delivery service help

omochain

Depends on where Trump's postmaster has worked to disrupt service. Where do you think that would be? Do the research yourself Gmac. Hint battle ground states where Trump will want an excuse to contest elections.

Gmac

Quote from: omochain on October 30, 2020, 04:08:21 PM
Depends on where Trump's postmaster has worked to disrupt service. Where do you think that would be? Do the research yourself Gmac. Hint battle ground states where Trump will want an excuse to contest elections.
bs if you can't figure out how to get your vote in with multiple options and months of time in advance you are either dumb or lazy or both not disenfranchised.

HiMucker

Quote from: Gmac on October 30, 2020, 05:44:06 PM
bs if you can't figure out how to get your vote in with multiple options and months of time in advance you are either dumb or lazy or both not disenfranchised.
Wise up. It takes 10 mins tops to vote in Ireland, but "the greatest nation on earth" you have ones queuing for hours? You don't think it would be reasonable to sort this out for the public?

Gmac

Quote from: HiMucker on October 30, 2020, 08:27:52 PM
Quote from: Gmac on October 30, 2020, 05:44:06 PM
Wise up. It takes 10 mins tops to vote in Ireland, but "the greatest nation on earth" you have ones queuing for hours? You don't think it would be reasonable to sort this out for the public?
good for Ireland