The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

He's playing the fvckin Democrats like a fiddle

Parade is probably the stupidest thing I have heard of in a long  time (especially coming from our third draft dodging president in recent times) but his base will love it and if (and they already have) the Democrats criticize it he will have a field day

sid waddell

I see White House staff secretary Rob Porter has resigned after he was exposed as a serial wife beater - he has two ex-wives.

When he was being vetted, the abuse came up, but Trump appointed him anyway.

And Kelly was still gushing in his praise for Porter even after his abuse became public, calling him "a man of true integrity and honour".

I suppose it would have been a massive shock if the Trump regime didn't call a serial wife beater "a man of true integrity and honour".

That kind of behaviour is almost mandatory to be praised in such a way by them.

whitey

That's insane....if it's all true

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2018, 12:42:53 AM
I see White House staff secretary Rob Porter has resigned after he was exposed as a serial wife beater - he has two ex-wives.

And Kelly was still gushing in his praise for Porter even after his abuse became public, calling him "a man of true integrity and honour".

I suppose it would have been a massive shock if the Trump regime didn't call a serial wife beater "a man of true integrity and honour".

You better be right on this Sid!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2018, 12:42:53 AM

Trump.has filled very few posts and of those hè did the only required quality was ideological rigidity.
It's straight out of Scooby Do.

seafoid

No wonder he worked for Trump. Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/07/politics/rob-porter-ex-wives-white-house/index.html?

Rob was abusive, degrading, a liar and a cheater and during the course of my relationship with him, I found out that he was to others, too," the woman wrote to Willoughby in February 2016. "I am just searching for someone who might be able to relate to the hell I have gone through."

seafoid

I guess Hannity and 90% of the party would now consider W to be a RINO given where the party is.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/08/george-bush-pretty-clear-evidence-russia-meddled-in-us-election
George W Bush has said there is "pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled" in the 2016 US presidential election, forcefully rebutting Donald Trump's denials that Moscow tried to affect the vote.

While never mentioning Trump by name, Bush, the US president from 2001 to 2009, appeared to be pushing back at Trump's attempts to foster warmer relations with Russia.

The White House did not immediately comment on Bush's remarks.

"There's pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled," Bush said at a talk in the United Arab Emirates. "Whether they affected the outcome is another question."

He also said: "It's problematic that a foreign nation is involved in our election system. Our democracy is only as good as people trust the results."

US intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia meddled in the 2016 election to help Trump win. Numerous investigations are under way to determine whether Trump's campaign aided the Kremlin in its efforts. Trump has repeatedly denied any collusion with Russia.

whitey

Of course there was Russian interference....the more important question is was there collusion between the Russians and Trump campaign??......personally  don't think so, but I guess Mueller will find out.

The main stream media is now so biased that many people are relying on the internet for their news and low information voters are very susceptible to be manipulated by false one sided information

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2018, 03:54:06 PM
Of course there was Russian interference....the more important question is was there collusion between the Russians and Trump campaign??......personally  don't think so, but I guess Mueller will find out.

The main stream media is now so biased that many people are relying on the internet for their news and low information voters are very susceptible to be manipulated by false one sided information
Give us a few examples of genuine media bias, Whitey.

Esmarelda

Your first line seems to 100% back-up the theory outlined in your second paragraph.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2018, 03:37:37 PM
I guess Hannity and 90% of the party would now consider W to be a RINO given where the party is.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/08/george-bush-pretty-clear-evidence-russia-meddled-in-us-election
George W Bush has said there is "pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled" in the 2016 US presidential election, forcefully rebutting Donald Trump's denials that Moscow tried to affect the vote.

While never mentioning Trump by name, Bush, the US president from 2001 to 2009, appeared to be pushing back at Trump's attempts to foster warmer relations with Russia.

"There's pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled," Bush said at a talk in the United Arab Emirates. "Whether they affected the outcome is another question."

He also said: "It's problematic that a foreign nation is involved in our election system. Our democracy is only as good as people trust the results."

US intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia meddled in the 2016 election to help Trump win. Numerous investigations are under way to determine whether Trump's campaign aided the Kremlin in its efforts. Trump has repeatedly denied any collusion with Russia.

All the talk about Russia meddling in US affairs, yet not a mention of the elephant in the room the state of Israel. Could you imagine a Russian equivalent of AIPAC? Or Vadamir Putin making a speech to Congress like Binyamin Netanyahu did where he received twenty six standing ovations.

Not while your arse points to the ground would you. Anyone with the slightest gra of American politics would know that democrats and republicans are two sides of the same shekel. 

Gabriel_Hurl

Quotewas there collusion between the Russians and Trump campaign??......personally  don't think so

So you are just completely ignoring that meeting with a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower that had Don Jr, Manafort and Jared Kushner all attending

Good to know - where's my head in sand picture again?

sid waddell

many people are relying on the internet for their news and low information voters are very susceptible to be manipulated by false one sided information
They sure are.....  ;D

Esmarelda

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 08, 2018, 04:08:38 PM
Quotewas there collusion between the Russians and Trump campaign??......personally  don't think so

So you are just completely ignoring that meeting with a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower that had Don Jr, Manafort and Jared Kushner all attending

Good to know - where's my head in sand picture again?
What does this meeting prove exactly in relation to collusion?

seafoid

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on February 08, 2018, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2018, 03:37:37 PM

While never mentioning Trump by name, Bush, the US president from 2001 to 2009, appeared to be pushing back at Trump's attempts to foster warmer relations with Russia.

US intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia meddled in the 2016 election to help Trump win. Numerous investigations are under way to determine whether Trump's campaign aided the Kremlin in its efforts. Trump has repeatedly denied any collusion with Russia.

All the talk about Russia meddling in US affairs, yet not a mention of the elephant in the room the state of Israel. Could you imagine a Russian equivalent of AIPAC? Or Vadamir Putin making a speech to Congress like Binyamin Netanyahu did where he received twenty six standing ovations.

Not while your arse points to the ground would you. Anyone with the slightest gra of American politics would know that democrats and republicans are two sides of the same shekel.
Dem voter support for Israel has fallen significantly recently. 
Israel will soon be a partisan issue. Bibi and the loopers in the GOP.