The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Syferus on January 03, 2018, 07:15:06 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 03, 2018, 06:58:20 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2018, 06:30:39 PM
So apparently now Bannon (yes Bannon!) had nothing to do with Trump's presidency, was rarely in one in one meetings with him, and "lost his mind" after being fired! ;D :D

Context: Bannon contributed to a new book in which he spilled some beans and gave not too encouraging opinions on the Russia connections and money laundering.

Haha....awkward for the Democrats when their enemies, enemy becomes their friend (sorta kinda)

Reminds me of when Nancy Regan came out in favor of stem cell research (which was in line with Obamas rather than McCains position) and all of a sudden she was an authority on the matter according to Democrats -lol

It takes more spin than a Beyblade to get a jibe at the Democrats out of Bannon disowning Trump.

This thread is full of ideologues such as yourself who have no business discussing anything as your positions are completely intractable and predictable.

Mark my words.......Bannon will now become the most believable, credible person since the time of Mother Teresa-lol

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 03, 2018, 09:54:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 03, 2018, 07:15:06 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 03, 2018, 06:58:20 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2018, 06:30:39 PM
So apparently now Bannon (yes Bannon!) had nothing to do with Trump's presidency, was rarely in one in one meetings with him, and "lost his mind" after being fired! ;D :D

Context: Bannon contributed to a new book in which he spilled some beans and gave not too encouraging opinions on the Russia connections and money laundering.

Haha....awkward for the Democrats when their enemies, enemy becomes their friend (sorta kinda)

Reminds me of when Nancy Regan came out in favor of stem cell research (which was in line with Obamas rather than McCains position) and all of a sudden she was an authority on the matter according to Democrats -lol

It takes more spin than a Beyblade to get a jibe at the Democrats out of Bannon disowning Trump.

This thread is full of ideologues such as yourself who have no business discussing anything as your positions are completely intractable and predictable.

Mark my words.......Bannon will now become the most believable, credible person since the time of Mother Teresa-lol

The obvious and more interesting question in response is how will the right wing media treat him?

Eamonnca1

What was so credible about that old witch?

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 03, 2018, 11:21:43 PM

Well seein as she is a saint, I assume she never told a lie in her life

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 04, 2018, 12:03:33 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 03, 2018, 09:53:57 PM
Based on this it should be an interesting read!

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

Well the question is did he actually say what theyre saying he said

Remember this from during the election

https://www.mediaite.com/print/trump-ex-girlfriend-ny-times-twisted-my-words-to-write-hit-piece/

The White House certainly seems to think so.

No denial or qualification/clarification from Bannon yet either.

Eamonnca1

Lovely bit of inside track stuff here. I particularly like Rupert Murdoch getting off the phone to Trump and saying "What a f**king idiot."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

Select quotes:

QuoteShortly after 8 p.m. on Election Night, when the unexpected trend — Trump might actually win — seemed confirmed, Don Jr. told a friend that his father, or DJT, as he calls him, looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears — and not of joy.

There was, in the space of little more than an hour, in Steve Bannon's not unamused observation, a befuddled Trump morphing into a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump.

----

Priebus had his own reservations: He had come out of his first long meeting with Trump thinking it had been a disconcertingly weird experience. Trump talked nonstop and constantly repeated himself.

"Here's the deal," a close Trump associate told Priebus. "In an hour meeting with him, you're going to hear 54 minutes of stories, and they're going to be the same stories over and over again. So you have to have one point to make, and you pepper it in whenever you can."

----

"Bolton's mustache is a problem," snorted Bannon. "Trump doesn't think he looks the part. You know Bolton is an acquired taste."

"Well, he got in trouble because he got in a fight in a hotel one night and chased some woman."

"If I told Trump that," Bannon said slyly, "he might have the job."

----

Trump would brag that Murdoch was always calling him; Murdoch, for his part, would complain that he couldn't get Trump off the phone.

----

This was the message whose urgency Bannon had been trying to impress on an often distracted Trump, who was already trying to limit his hours in the office and keep to his normal golf habits.

----

(Trump) could not really converse, not in the sense of sharing information, or of a balanced back-and-forth conversation. He neither particularly listened to what was said to him nor particularly considered what he said in response. He demanded you pay him attention, then decided you were weak for groveling. In a sense, he was like an instinctive, pampered, and hugely successful actor. Everybody was either a lackey who did his bidding or a high-ranking film functionary trying to coax out his performance — without making him angry or petulant.

Oraisteach

Based on the excerpts of Wolff's book that I've read so far, as much as I'd like it to be true, I have to approach it with skepticism. He seems to have had access to so many people, quoting them at length, a closeness that no other journalist enjoyed, that I have to question its veracity.  On the other hand, given Trump's propensity for lying, maybe such a book is just what he deserves.  But, in the end, I want books that are well researched and true, ones that aren't glorified tabloid journalism, which I fear this one may be.  I need credible sources to corroborate this guy's claims. In the meantime, Covfefe to Trump!

seafoid

Trump goes fron crisis to crisis. Sacking Comey was really stupid but going to war with Bannon is worse.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 03, 2018, 11:21:43 PM

You really are a pathetic troll eamon.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 04, 2018, 03:55:02 AM
Based on the excerpts of Wolff's book that I've read so far, as much as I'd like it to be true, I have to approach it with skepticism. He seems to have had access to so many people, quoting them at length, a closeness that no other journalist enjoyed, that I have to question its veracity.  On the other hand, given Trump's propensity for lying, maybe such a book is just what he deserves.  But, in the end, I want books that are well researched and true, ones that aren't glorified tabloid journalism, which I fear this one may be.  I need credible sources to corroborate this guy's claims. In the meantime, Covfefe to Trump!

Yeah looking through twitter there are a few proper journos who are saying to take it with a pinch of salt. His authors notes talk of having two completely different viewpoints of the same situation and having "recreated" conversations so I'm guessing there's a fair whack of it not true.

Given the Whitehouses response though and that Wolff and Bannon are pretty close you'd have to think Bannon's opinions are fairly accurately represented!

Declan

Though I see Trump used the cover of this Bannon controversy to quietly disband his 'voting commission' which he claimed would prove 3 million people voted illegally for Clinton. Unlikely he'll concede there was no evidence to support his claims of voting fraud. More switch & bait.

stew

The Clintons have a fire at one of their mansions in  new  york, reading online the comments from republicans about them are every bit as bad as those about  trump.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Bannon knows where the bodies are. And by the looks of things Kushner and Ivanka are useless 

Syferus

Quote from: Declan on January 04, 2018, 10:29:43 AM
Though I see Trump used the cover of this Bannon controversy to quietly disband his 'voting commission' which he claimed would prove 3 million people voted illegally for Clinton. Unlikely he'll concede there was no evidence to support his claims of voting fraud. More switch & bait.

You're living in a fantasy land where normal rules of politics apply if you think he'll ever admit to being wrong.