The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Well, we all know that Donald Trump is woefully uninformed and ill-prepared, to list only two of his shortcomings, but we've been repeatedly reassured that he'd surround himself with the creme de la creme, but now that he has made cabinet appointments, we see that for a change he has kept his word.  He has chosen the cream of the crop, and like cream, they are rich and thick.  And so, in the spirit of seasonal jollity, I offer you a fun game--guess Rick Perry's college grades.  He's the new Secretary of Energy, the person charged with handling nuclear waste.among other things. So, here's his college transcript.  If there appear to be repetitions, it's that the school was on the trimester system, and some courses lasted more than one trimester.

Composition  B
US History C
Military Systems C
Botany of Seed Plants C
Chemistry C
Improvement of Learning A
Composition C
Algebra B
Required Phys Ed B
Military Systems B
Zoology C
Chemistry C
US History C
Trigonometry D
Required Phys Ed B
Military Systems A
Org Chem D
Chem Lab B
Intro to Lit B
Required Phys Ed C
Physics C
Amer Govt B
Mil Systems C
Org Chem F
Chem Lab D
Shakespeare D
Phys Ed B
Physics C
Soil Science B
Economics D
Aero Power C
Crop Production B
General Animal Sci B
Basic An Sci B
Veterinary Ento B
Vet Anatomy D
Aero Power C
An Nutrition B
An Sci D
Reprod in Farm An C
Genetics C
An Sci 401 C
Feeds and Feeding D
Agri Production C
Public Speaking C
Biometry C
AS 402 C
Market. Ag Prod C
Sheep and Goat Prod C
Livestock B
Mktg of Livestock B
Large An Nutrition C
An Sci Seminar B
Writ. For Prof. Men. D
Acct Princip C
An Breeding 305 C
An Breeding 306 C
Acct Prin C
An Breeding 305 C
An Breed 306 C
Agri. Journal B
Business Law B

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 21, 2016, 07:48:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 07:12:58 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38397594

In his latest Twitter tirade, President-elect Donald Trump has claimed he could have won more votes than his rival Hillary Clinton.
"I would have done even better in the election, if that is possible, if the winner was based on popular vote - but would campaign differently," he said.

The Republican insisted his strategy was more "sophisticated".

He won nearly three million fewer votes than the Democratic candidate, but prevailed in the electoral college.

The arcane but all-important institution formally certified him earlier this week as winner of the 2016 presidential election.

But the Manhattan billionaire is apparently still chafing at critics' claims that he lacks a popular mandate.

In two other tweets on Wednesday morning, Mr Trump said: "Campaigning to win the Electoral College is much more difficult & sophisticated than the popular vote. Hillary focused on the wrong states!"

There has never been a president like this one. It is going to be a very bumpy ride.

He may well be right here though. You would campaign differently if you wanted to win the popular vote. You'd attack California, New York and other populous cities to at least try and minimise the opponent's wins there.

To win the electoral college, you identify the swing states, regardless of population or demographic, and you spend all your money trying to win them. Hillary Clinton campaigned in Arizona 2 days before the election FFS, rather than making sure she had Michigan and Pennsylvania tied up. That was crazy.

Still at it....

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  6h6 hours ago
I have not heard any of the pundits or commentators discussing the fact that I spent FAR LESS MONEY on the win than Hillary on the loss!
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 21, 2016, 07:49:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 07:22:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 21, 2016, 07:17:37 PM

In his latest Twitter tirade, President-elect Donald Trump has claimed he could have won more votes than his rival Hillary Clinton.
"I would have done even better in the election, if that is possible, if the winner was based on popular vote - but would campaign differently," he said.

He won nearly three million fewer votes than the Democratic candidate, but prevailed in the electoral college.

The arcane but all-important institution formally certified him earlier this week as winner of the 2016 presidential election.

But the Manhattan billionaire is apparently still chafing at critics' claims that he lacks a popular mandate.

In two other tweets on Wednesday morning, Mr Trump said: "Campaigning to win the Electoral College is much more difficult & sophisticated than the popular vote. Hillary focused on the wrong states!"

There has never been a president like this one. It is going to be a very bumpy ride.
He is incompetent

His behaviour is that of the child who says 'I could have won that if I wanted to'. He is seriously irritated by losing the popular vote. Imagine what happens when someone like Duterte tells him he is the son of a whore and to go to hell.

Last time I checked he did win, you candidate lost, what part of this can you not accept?

He wiped the floor with your gangstee, it's over! be gracious for once.

You don't seem to understand, TRUMP IS THE ONE WHO CANT ACCEPT IT.

Read it again.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 07:56:22 PM

He is incompetent

His behaviour is that of the child who says 'I could have won that if I wanted to'. He is seriously irritated by losing the popular vote. Imagine what happens when someone like Duterte tells him he is the son of a whore and to go to hell.

Last time I checked he did win, you candidate lost, what part of this can you not accept?

Read it again.

I don't care what Trump accepts! Not my problem.

I hated your hero, she is dead, I have no dog to hunt in this fight anymore, clintons career is over people. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

He may well be right here though. You would campaign differently if you wanted to win the popular vote. You'd attack California, New York and other populous cities to at least try and minimise the opponent's wins there.

To win the electoral college, you identify the swing states, regardless of population or demographic, and you spend all your money trying to win them. Hillary Clinton campaigned in Arizona 2 days before the election FFS, rather than making sure she had Michigan and Pennsylvania tied up. That was crazy.

Hillary barely campaigned in NY or CA, beyond fundraisers. We hardly saw a single presidential election ad here in NYC - maybe one or two a week. Ohio had them on every 3 minutes! And that was just tv, not robocalls and so on.

Hillary went to AZ because the polls suggested she might have a shot there, at least of making it competitive. Only at the last minute did they realize PA and so on were so direly vulnerable, hence the Independence Hall event the night before the election.

No way in hell was Trump ever winning CA or NY or making it close, same as Hillary in places like TX.

Take a look at her events in October: https://hillaryspeeches.com/speech-archive/2016-2/october-2016/

Its pretty clear, fundraising aside, that the rallies and speeches were focused on the battleground states, PA and MI among them.

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 21, 2016, 07:59:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 07:56:22 PM

He is incompetent

Read it again.

I don't care what Trump accepts! Not my problem.

I hated your hero, she is dead, I have no dog to hunt in this fight anymore, clintons career is over people. )

It most certainly is your problem. You will be living with the consequences.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: J70 on December 21, 2016, 08:01:01 PM

Hillary barely campaigned in NY or CA, beyond fundraisers. We hardly saw a single presidential election ad here in NYC - maybe one or two a week. Ohio had them on every 3 minutes! And that was just tv, not robocalls and so on.

Hillary went to AZ because the polls suggested she might have a shot there, at least of making it competitive. Only at the last minute did they realize PA and so on were so direly vulnerable, hence the Independence Hall event the night before the election.

No way in hell was Trump ever winning CA or NY or making it close, same as Hillary in places like TX.

Take a look at her events in October: https://hillaryspeeches.com/speech-archive/2016-2/october-2016/

Its pretty clear, fundraising aside, that the rallies and speeches were focused on the battleground states, PA and MI among them.

That's my point J70. The electoral college means it is pointless campaigning in those states. And because they are so populous that skews the popular vote. If it truly was one man one vote and all votes were equal, those states would be contested a lot more and you can't assume the popular vote would be the same in them. They'd still be blue states but the margin might be a lot tighter.

Re Arizona I would have been amazed if she won it. I think her husband was the last democrat to win there and before him I don't know.  And the state is gun friendly and bordering Mexico with an immigration problem.

whitey

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 06:23:19 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 21, 2016, 06:05:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 04:39:37 PM
Exactly.

You blame Hillary for Trump winning the Republican primaries.
You blame Hillary for Trump winning the Presidential election.

We'll just have to wait and see if you really stop blaming her for what Trump does in office.

Who ever said I'm "blaming" Hillary for anything

Her campaign contributed to Trumps rise by their collusion with the MSM in promoting a clown candidate. That is a contributing factor, but by no means the only factor that led to him winnng the Republican primary

In the general election, team Clinton scored about ten own goals any one of which could have turpodeod her candidacy.

Maybe my argument is too nuanced for you to comprehend....they contributed to the existence of an environment where he was able to get elected......if you want to twist that into saying I'm blaming Hillary for Trumps win....then knock yourself out

What is MSM - Is it Main Stream Media? As in not Fox News, Breitbart etc??

As for the rest.

Exactly. Call it what you want, but you making my argument for me.

To prove my point, who else is to blame for Trump's victory?

There are many reasons why Trump won and Hillary lost......He didn't JUST win because Hillary did or didn't do X, Y or Z.

For (1) he had a message. (2) He ran a better campaign. (3) He was outside the establishment in a year when that mattered (4) he utilized social media and  other forms of media much more effectively (5) he didn't go into hiding for months on end in an effort to run down the clock

No one is to "blame" for Trump winning....he won it fair and square. Had she been a better candidate who ran a better campaign with a better message he MAY not have won.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 21, 2016, 08:57:52 PM

That's my point J70. The electoral college means it is pointless campaigning in those states. And because they are so populous that skews the popular vote. If it truly was one man one vote and all votes were equal, those states would be contested a lot more and you can't assume the popular vote would be the same in them. They'd still be blue states but the margin might be a lot tighter.

Re Arizona I would have been amazed if she won it. I think her husband was the last democrat to win there and before him I don't know.  And the state is gun friendly and bordering Mexico with an immigration problem.

Fair enough.

I'm still glad it rankles him though, especially given all the whining that his supporters did beforehand about him possibly winning the popular vote and losing the electoral college! Cold comfort and all that. :)

seafoid

1 he lied.
2 the FBI intervened
3 the plámás
4 media gave him a free ride
5 many GOP voters are as thick as shit

omochain

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 21, 2016, 07:55:03 PM
Well, we all know that Donald Trump is woefully uninformed and ill-prepared, to list only two of his shortcomings, but we've been repeatedly reassured that he'd surround himself with the creme de la creme, but now that he has made cabinet appointments, we see that for a change he has kept his word.  He has chosen the cream of the crop, and like cream, they are rich and thick.  And so, in the spirit of seasonal jollity, I offer you a fun game--guess Rick Perry's college grades.  He's the new Secretary of Energy, the person charged with handling nuclear waste.among other things. So, here's his college transcript.  If there appear to be repetitions, it's that the school was on the trimester system, and some courses lasted more than one trimester.

Composition  B
US History C
Military Systems C
Botany of Seed Plants C
Chemistry C
Improvement of Learning A
Composition C
Algebra B
Required Phys Ed B
Military Systems B
Zoology C
Chemistry C
US History C
Trigonometry D
Required Phys Ed B
Military Systems A
Org Chem D
Chem Lab B
Intro to Lit B
Required Phys Ed C
Physics C
Amer Govt B
Mil Systems C
Org Chem F
Chem Lab D
Shakespeare D
Phys Ed B
Physics C
Soil Science B
Economics D
Aero Power C
Crop Production B
General Animal Sci B
Basic An Sci B
Veterinary Ento B
Vet Anatomy D
Aero Power C
An Nutrition B
An Sci D
Reprod in Farm An C
Genetics C
An Sci 401 C
Feeds and Feeding D
Agri Production C
Public Speaking C
Biometry C
AS 402 C
Market. Ag Prod C
Sheep and Goat Prod C
Livestock B
Mktg of Livestock B
Large An Nutrition C
An Sci Seminar B
Writ. For Prof. Men. D
Acct Princip C
An Breeding 305 C
An Breeding 306 C
Acct Prin C
An Breeding 305 C
An Breed 306 C
Agri. Journal B
Business Law B

Ooopps

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 21, 2016, 08:57:52 PM

The system won the election for democrats and not one peep was heard out of them ar the time, your hero won LA and New. York and precious all else, the system is needed but certainly is not without its flaws.

Liberals and Trump alike need to move along, he won, they won, what's the problem?????

muppet

Quote from: whitey on December 21, 2016, 09:04:01 PM
Exactly.

We'll just have to wait and see if you really stop blaming her for what Trump does in office.

Her campaign contributed to Trumps rise by their collusion with the MSM in promoting a clown candidate. That is a contributing factor, but by no means the only factor that led to him winnng the Republican primary

In the general election, team Clinton scored about ten own goals any one of which could have turpodeod her candidacy.

Maybe my argument is too nuanced for you to comprehend....they contributed to the existence of an environment where he was able to get elected......if you want to twist that into saying I'm blaming Hillary for Trumps win....then knock yourself out

As for the rest.

There are many reasons why Trump won and Hillary lost......He didn't JUST win because Hillary did or didn't do X, Y or Z.

For (1) he had a message. (2) He ran a better campaign. (3) He was outside the establishment in a year when that mattered (4) he utilized social media and  other forms of media much more effectively (5) he didn't go into hiding for months on end in an effort to run down the clock

No one is to "blame" for Trump winning....he won it fair and square. Had she been a better candidate who ran a better campaign with a better message he MAY not have won.

Russia swung it for him.

Look at your own outrage at the words 'emails'.

What was in those emails again?
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 11:27:35 PM
Exactly.

As for the rest.

Russia swung it for him.

Emails shemales......Democratic operatives planted a hidden camera at a closed door Romney fundraiser and broadcast his 47% comment to the world which very possibly cost him the '12 election.

Regardless of how the emails came into the public domai , it was the content that cost them votes.....content that they alone were responsible for

If she was a better candidate, the emails wouldn't have mattered a fluck. Democrats start off with a huge advantage under the electoral college system and she still fvcked it up.....and she ran a shit campaign

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_582cacb0e4b058ce7aa8b861/amp

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 11:27:35 PM
Exactly.

As for the rest.

Russia swung it for him.

Hillary swung it for him, the corrupt Democratic process swung it for him, man up Muppet, you did this to yourselves!

Accept responsibility and learn, better still don't and remain arrogant losers. )