The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger95

It's only Stein and the researchers calling for it, Hillary hasn't.

But please, don't let that stop you calling everyone cvnts. Lovely level of discourse.

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on November 24, 2016, 03:44:10 PM
Can you imagine if Trump lost and his supporters started crap like this...usurping democracy, delegitimizing the president elect, Nazi-ism are terms that spring to mind

And the main stream media would be screaming for Trump to immediately and forcefully denounce their actions

And the stupid cvnts are wondering why they lost .....people have had it with their bull$hit

Placing students at GW university in the care of a Trump administration police force is an "act of violence"

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/30076/

Honestly - where do you start with this? The demands list is unreal!
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

screenexile

Can you imagine if Trump lost and his supporters started crap like this...usurping democracy, delegitimizing the president elect, Nazi-ism are terms that spring to mind

And the main stream media would be screaming for Trump to immediately and forcefully denounce their actions

And the stupid cvnts are wondering why they lost .....people have had it with their bull$hit

Had Hillary won the election we would have seen the exact same thing. I wouldn't have been surprised if a few Trump supporters shot the place up!

You know full well that had Hillary won the rhetoric/protests/revolution would have been far worse than it is currently... Especially had the race been close so please spare us your faux outrage!!!!

sid waddell

On the contrary, a recount in a close race is as democratic as it gets.

And we all know which party has a proven record of trying to deny democracy.

Why are you so anti-democracy?

sid waddell

Quote from: Declan on November 24, 2016, 11:19:39 AM

Also Carson's thoughts on housing
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/ben-carson-has-weighed-housing-policy-integration

It's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!
Uncle Ben is very much cut from the same cloth as Uncle Tom (Sowell).

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on November 24, 2016, 04:09:32 PM

The democrats of course, rigged election hurting Sanders helping Clinton, please, the democrats are rotten to their core, they lost and are paying for their corruption.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Let's be realistic. Odds on the recount overturning are virtually nil. However there is a significant voting issue in the US of gerrymandering by both parties. Minorities are indeed marginalized.
I do believe Trump won the electoral college and I would be shocked if two of the three states returned a different result. If there is an expose of just how open the system is to rigging then all well and good, be it cyber attack be Russia or otherwise.

The real issue on the current system should be obvious at this point. It has become acceptable to the US public for trump to be president.

That has happened because the complete and utter sense of helplessness and frustration with the current system has been expressed in the only way it could. The election of the dumbest least qualified candidate in the race since the start and probably in history. For someone so obviously self interested to be elected taps into the American dream complex, where the deference that the British show the royals is given to the so called self made man. It trumps common sense self interest and the interests of the country at large.
What would have been the reaction to president elect Clintons foundation admitting fraud. What would be the reaction to Chelsea Clinton attending a meeting with a head of state advertising her goods. What would be the, oh what's the point? The old white rich guys are at it again with a mandate to do whatever is in their self interest. Same as it ever was.
The genius is finding a new way to do it every time. The poorest 20% are worse of than the servants in a country house ever were. At least their masters took responsibility for their health and well being. You work 3 jobs just to pay taxes and rent. You feed your children crap and don't educate them and then can't afford to help them when they get sick.  Your vote is worthless and you believe whatever crock of shit you are being fed at the time. But don't worry, there is still the American dream. You could be the next Steve Jobs!
Happy Thanksgiving! Go watch some NFL on a TV you can't afford in a $200 authentic Redskins shirt, and go to bed early so you can go increase your debt to the banks at 5am tomorrow on falsely advertised "sale prices"
I'm thankful for the good quality free education I received and that I retained the bullshit detector and healthy sense of scepticism that is my natural birth right as an Irish citizen.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Declan

QuoteI'm thankful for the good quality free education I received and that I retained the bullshit detector and healthy sense of scepticism that is my natural birth right as an Irish citizen.

Good line HB

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 24, 2016, 01:14:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 12:39:05 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 23, 2016, 08:47:08 PM
Lol.....I see his choice for Education Secretary is pro School Choice i.e. Pro Charter School

This will drive them out of their mind

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/18/naacp-tells-black-parents-keep-kids-crappy-schools-leverage-hike-taxes/

"Black and Hispanic students who attended charter schools in [New York City] for eight years closed the achievement gap with affluent suburbs like Scarsdale by 86% in math and 66% in English

Its all very easy for charter schools when they refuse to take on the more troubled and lower achieving youngsters, leaving those for the public schools.

Exactly....so the conundrum is you either leave them all in the $hit or you attempt to help the ones who can be helped

So you just abandon the rest?

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on November 24, 2016, 04:04:49 PM

Had Hillary won the election we would have seen the exact same thing. I wouldn't have been surprised if a few Trump supporters shot the place up!

You know full well that had Hillary won the rhetoric/protests/revolution would have been far worse than it is currently... Especially had the race been close so please spare us your faux outrage!!!!

If the FBI had sat on the Weiner laptop scandal and it came out after the fact (and Trump had lost)   no doubt that armed bands would have taken to the streets

I'm not outraged by the current outrage, but I'm outraged at the lack if outrage from the perennially outraged

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 24, 2016, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 12:54:13 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 05:19:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:17:50 PM
Late to the party, been a bit busy. Loving Donald Trumps picks so far. The right men in place to start getting the country back on track after the last 8 years of pandering by Obama. Clinton failing to be elected is another blot on his legacy. Hopefully he will now fade into obscurity but I'm sure he'll be on "Dancing with the Stars" in a few years time.

Delighted that real americans finally woke up to what has been happening in their lands. That said I hope Trump does become a president that rules with a level of fair play for all.

CNN commentators seething at the result is an added bonus. They can't handle the fact that Hillary lost. Priceless.

Yeah, figured you'd like Sessions and Bannon and those types.

You figured right ;)

Well, at least you're openly and proudly embracing it.  ;)

Just to clarify - Conservatives. I didn't read into what you were alluding to.

So you're hesitating on the likes of Sessions and Bannon then?

Where did I say I was hesitating? I clarified my statement.

So men like Bannon are conservatives you're happy to see appointed.

J70

Quote from: stew on November 24, 2016, 04:40:52 PM

The democrats of course, rigged election hurting Sanders helping Clinton, please, the democrats are rotten to their core, they lost and are paying for their corruption.

If you are so against corruption stew, let's hope you're currently concerned about the moves Trump is making regarding his foreign business entanglements in his dealings with foreign leaders.

omochain

Quote from: heganboy on November 24, 2016, 05:04:58 PM
Let's be realistic. Odds on the recount overturning are virtually nil. However there is a significant voting issue in the US of gerrymandering by both parties. Minorities are indeed marginalized.
I do believe Trump won the electoral college and I would be shocked if two of the three states returned a different result. If there is an expose of just how open the system is to rigging then all well and good, be it cyber attack be Russia or otherwise.

The real issue on the current system should be obvious at this point. It has become acceptable to the US public for trump to be president.

That has happened because the complete and utter sense of helplessness and frustration with the current system has been expressed in the only way it could. The election of the dumbest least qualified candidate in the race since the start and probably in history. For someone so obviously self interested to be elected taps into the American dream complex, where the deference that the British show the royals is given to the so called self made man. It trumps common sense self interest and the interests of the country at large.
What would have been the reaction to president elect Clintons foundation admitting fraud. What would be the reaction to Chelsea Clinton attending a meeting with a head of state advertising her goods. What would be the, oh what's the point? The old white rich guys are at it again with a mandate to do whatever is in their self interest. Same as it ever was.
The genius is finding a new way to do it every time. The poorest 20% are worse of than the servants in a country house ever were. At least their masters took responsibility for their health and well being. You work 3 jobs just to pay taxes and rent. You feed your children crap and don't educate them and then can't afford to help them when they get sick.  Your vote is worthless and you believe whatever crock of shit you are being fed at the time. But don't worry, there is still the American dream. You could be the next Steve Jobs!
Happy Thanksgiving! Go watch some NFL on a TV you can't afford in a $200 authentic Redskins shirt, and go to bed early so you can go increase your debt to the banks at 5am tomorrow on falsely advertised "sale prices"
I'm thankful for the good quality free education I received and that I retained the bullshit detector and healthy sense of scepticism that is my natural birth right as an Irish citizen.

screenexile

Looks like Stein will raise the sufficient money to get the recount!! FUnny I checked it an hour ago and they only had $2.9 now they have $3.5 so shouldn't take long to get to the $4.5m needed...

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!! Will the Trumpers protest if this recount goes against them?!

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on November 24, 2016, 04:40:52 PM

Was this the primaries, in which Clinton got over 3.7 million more votes than Sanders?

Funny how you consider an election where Clinton won despite getting over 3.7 million more votes than her opponent to be "rigged", but don't consider there to be any problems with an election system where Clinton got over 2 million votes more than her opponent and lost!