The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Quote from: stew on September 16, 2016, 10:13:59 AM
Quote from: gallsman on September 15, 2016, 06:39:41 PM
Stew previously hoped to God that Trump didn't win.

I just hope to god that, someday, he finds either his marbles or his meds.

Don't you worry about me gallbladder, I am alright kid!

Clinton is the deplorable in this equation, and unfit physically and ethically to run a bordello let alone the USA, as much as I think Trump is a tube of the highest order she is worse, far worse, look at the issues she had had in the past month, she needs prison not promotion and every one of you liberals know it.
[/quote
Agree with this

J70

Quote from: stew on September 16, 2016, 10:13:59 AM
Quote from: gallsman on September 15, 2016, 06:39:41 PM
Stew previously hoped to God that Trump didn't win.

I just hope to god that, someday, he finds either his marbles or his meds.

Don't you worry about me gallbladder, I am alright kid!

Clinton is the deplorable in this equation, and unfit physically and ethically to run a bordello let alone the USA, as much as I think Trump is a tube of the highest order she is worse, far worse, look at the issues she had had in the past month, she needs prison not promotion and every one of you liberals know it.

How is she worse?

He has no policies beyond vague promises about building a wall paid for by Mexico and starting trade wars and beating the shit out of ISIS; he just spent two weeks jumping from one position to another and back again on immigration; he trades in juvenile, paranoid conspiracy theories, and lies about this that and the other.

Hillary, inexplicably, tries to downplay and spin and lie her way out of the email mess instead of just coming clean two years ago, but beyond that she is a serious politician with fleshed out ideas, whether you agree with them or not. Yes, she has had a bad couple of weeks, but Trump has had a horrendous year, regardless of whether he finally stumbled upon a campaign manager who can finally exert a relative amount of discipline on him (I say relative - he is having a go this week at that Flint preacher and he still won't denounce his birther insanity).

As for the health stuff - that's descending into Swiftboat/"McCain has an illegitimate black baby" levels of GOP desperation and dirt, but I guess it worked on those occasions with the simple minded morons, so why not have another go?

Clinton is a very poor candidate, but she is a serious politician, and given the circus that is the alternative, there is no debate to be had.

And speaking of debates, Trump better be working hard. They're coming very soon and he has mountains of shit for Hillary to bring up. Not Jekyll and Hyde conspiracy crap, actual statements on the record.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: LeoMc on September 16, 2016, 08:07:54 AM
Are third party candidates making a dent in the polls anywhere this year?
The inability of anyone else to make a real run at the Presidency is a sad indictment of the entrenched nature of the 2 main parties.

Read somewhere recently that libertarians are polling around 7-10% nationally, and Greens 3% or so.  You need 15% even to be allowed into the Presidential debates, though, so neither are going to make any run at winning.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html

J70

Their influence, as always, will be in terms of splitting the vote, like Nader in 2000 or Perot in 1992.

foxcommander

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 16, 2016, 03:59:34 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 16, 2016, 08:07:54 AM
Are third party candidates making a dent in the polls anywhere this year?
The inability of anyone else to make a real run at the Presidency is a sad indictment of the entrenched nature of the 2 main parties.

Read somewhere recently that libertarians are polling around 7-10% nationally, and Greens 3% or so.  You need 15% even to be allowed into the Presidential debates, though, so neither are going to make any run at winning.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html

Need 15% of what to be allowed - a facebook poll ? It's a closed shop designed to stop any other party gaining support or allowing their message to get across.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteOn Monday, the commission announced the five polls that will be averaged together to determine who is receiving 15% support nationwide.

The polls are ABC-Washington Post; CBS-New York Times; CNN-Opinion Research Corporation; Fox News; and NBC-Wall Street Journal.

foxcommander

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 16, 2016, 07:02:39 PM
QuoteOn Monday, the commission announced the five polls that will be averaged together to determine who is receiving 15% support nationwide.

The polls are ABC-Washington Post; CBS-New York Times; CNN-Opinion Research Corporation; Fox News; and NBC-Wall Street Journal.

I'm sure there's quite a lot of voters out there that don't know there are more than 2 options for president!

dec

foxcommander

Quote from: dec on September 16, 2016, 07:58:04 PM
Apparently the Donald has finally worked out that Obama was born in the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/index.html

Clever Donald - That will get him votes from the black population. I doubt he actually believes it (because we all know it isn't true).

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2016, 08:56:22 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/index.html

Clever Donald - That will get him votes from the black population. I doubt he actually believes it (because we all know it isn't true).

We all know you have a dim view of African Americans with their whining about discrimination and their criminality, but now you're saying they're incredibly stupid too?!

stew

I read an article on an answer Clinton gave to a question on what her greatest contributions to society were, she spoke at length and said absolutely nothing at all, she can't run on her record because it is horrendous and that is why her entire focus is negative on Trump.

15% of people are still undecided, she has the black and the Hispanic vote sewn up and she still is a point behind that ballix Trump,

Time for change, enough of the same old same old.

I look forward to the next installment if leaks that hurt Clintons bid to be the POTUS.

I also cannot believe that muppet gallwhatever actually believed I would vote for Clinton! What a tube! :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: J70 on September 17, 2016, 01:33:45 PM

We all know you have a dim view of African Americans with their whining about discrimination and their criminality, but now you're saying they're incredibly stupid too?!
[/ququoteD you liberals take classes into putting words in peoples mouths perchance?

He never said black people are incredibly stupid, not even close!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on September 17, 2016, 01:33:45 PM

J70 - that's an awful racist thing to say about the blacks. Shame on you for stereotyping them.

They are your words, not mine.

tyroneman

Quote.     I read an article on an answer Clinton gave to a question on what her greatest contributions to society were, she spoke at length and said absolutely nothing at all, she can't run on her record because it is horrendous and that is why her entire focus is negative on Trump.

Sometimes you don't really need to go all out to win, just make sure the other person loses.

seafoid

Clinton is a poor candidate. She should be far ahead of Trump who is a lying racist misogynistic narcissist . And she isn't.