The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  · 1h1 hour ago 
Man shot inside Paris police station. Just announced that terror threat is at highest level. Germany is a total mess-big crime. GET SMART!

Good man Donald 

foxcommander

Quote from: Declan on January 07, 2016, 02:27:42 PM
Man shot inside Paris police station. Just announced that terror threat is at highest level. Germany is a total mess-big crime. GET SMART!

Good man Donald

President Trump 2016. It's gonna be great.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

screenexile

Quote from: foxcommander on January 07, 2016, 02:31:25 PM

Good man Donald

It really is it'll be entertaining and a spectacle but it will really highlight all the things wrong with America as well. If he gets in . . . well that doesn't even bare thinking about. The whole shebang will be couped!!!

foxcommander

Quote from: screenexile on January 07, 2016, 02:38:38 PM

Good man Donald

It really is it'll be entertaining and a spectacle but it will really highlight all the things wrong with America as well. If he gets in . . . well that doesn't even bare thinking about. The whole shebang will be couped!!!

Like him or not he's opening up discussions that Obama will never bring to the fore and nor will any of the safe politicians who are still jockeying for position.
It's that approach that the a lot of american people like or at least grudgingly admire.

screenexile

Quote from: foxcommander on January 07, 2016, 03:16:49 PM

Good man Donald

Like him or not he's opening up discussions that Obama will never bring to the fore and nor will any of the safe politicians who are still jockeying for position.

It's that approach that the a lot of american people like or at least grudgingly admire.

That may be true but the way he's framing the debate makes him look Racist/Xenophobic/Mysogynistic/a complet buffoon.

There is a reason why most career politicians don't do what Trump does. . . it doesn't win you votes in the long run!!!

It's a bit like the Reality TV Stars who come on and say "I say what I want and don't care what people think." The reason most people don't say what they want and what they think all the time is because they have a conscience and realise it's bad manneres and makes you a ****!!

It can get you success in the business/celebrity world but as a politician I'm afraid not and ultimately it is why he will lose!

J70

Good man Donald

Fear mongering and demonization and scapegoating is always a fairly safe bet for a public figure to make waves. Paisley made a career out of it on two fronts.

ballela-angel

Local media are reporting that the Trump campaign have issued 20,000 free tickets for a talk he is to give tonight in a theater up here in Burlington Vermont  with a seating capacity of only  a couple of thousand - Needless to say the local police are apes*it about it in regards to crowd control for those who cannot get in - It's a first come first in admission system
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

foxcommander

Quote from: screenexile on January 07, 2016, 04:39:39 PM

Good man Donald

That may be true but the way he's framing the debate makes him look Racist/Xenophobic/Mysogynistic/a complet buffoon.

There is a reason why most career politicians don't do what Trump does. . . it doesn't win you votes in the long run!!!

It's a bit like the Reality TV Stars who come on and say "I say what I want and don't care what people think." The reason most people don't say what they want and what they think all the time is because they have a conscience and realise it's bad manneres and makes you a ****!!

It can get you success in the business/celebrity world but as a politician I'm afraid not and ultimately it is why he will lose!

Trump isn't a career politician so that's why he doesn't give a rats.

I agree his framing is a little off however valid some of his points may be.

You got to admit though it would be very interesting to see how he would perform if he did take office.

Oraisteach

Yeah, Fascism in action is fun to watch.

stew

Fascism Orais........The man is a democrat, don't believe me, look at his contributions and what has come out of his mouth prior to 2013!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on January 07, 2016, 08:27:48 PM
Fascism Orais........The man is a democrat, don't believe me, look at his contributions and what has come out of his mouth prior to 2013!

Like the birther nonsense in 2011?

Honestly, I don't believe he gives a f**k about ANY political issue, except in so far as it will benefit him or his businesses. Hence, his contributions cover the whole spectrum as he has tried to buy favourable treatment and regulations.

Which is why I don't get why the GOP base is so taken with him. Maybe he is being genuine, but I think he has studied, seen an opening for a bigoted populist, and dived fully into the part. At the end of the day, his only cause is being elected president.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2016, 08:57:41 PM
Maybe he is being genuine, but I think he has studied, seen an opening for a bigoted populist, and dived fully into the part. At the end of the day, his only cause is being elected president.

Like the Kenyan lad

Oraisteach

Yes, Stew, he's definitely showing fascist traits.  He hasn't committed crimes against humanity, though his unabashed self-promotion is an offense to good taste, but he's playing a lot of fascist cards to slither his way into the White House.  The rhetoric is fascist, the only thing missing is the violence, though his response to a couple of supporters in Boston beating up a homeless man while mouthing anti-immigrant vitriol, after he said he "would never condone violence" , was in effect that he admired their passion.

No, like typical fascists, he is ultra-jingoistic, recalls an America that was once great but is now weak, appeals to a petit bourgeois class that feels socially and economically adrift by using racist language, creating the demon "other" or outsider who is to blame for all wrongs: he casts Mexicans as rapists and wants to keep them out with his feckin' Great Wall, never mind intern those millions who are here before mass deporting them, and seems to want to shut down mosques, or keep a very close eye on them, and wants to ban Moslems' entry into the country.  His speeches have an authoritarian militaristic tinge too.  He lacks any intellectual quality, is ignorant about geo-politics, and wins supporters by stoking raw passions.  In addition he is developing a cult following by insulting, bullying and demeaning others, especially foreigners and women.

He may not have all the attributes of a fascist but be sounds pretty fascistic to me.  Whether he actually believes all these things or not, they are playing very well in the white supremecist community.  Whatever it takes to take the White House, with the letters T-R-U-M-P tastefully mounted in gold on the front.  It'll be "spectacular." 

Rossfan

Sounds like a certain Herr Hitler c1929........ :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omaghjoe

As big of a fear monger Trump is I dont think you can label him with facisim

I dont think anyone who believes in the free market, the American dream etc etc could be called a facist. True he has certain traits in common with facists mainly populist tribalism, but that doesnt make him a facist as such.

He would appear to be opposed to totalitarianism and to be pro individualist as most American political ideologies (especially on the right) are, which are major tenets of facism. Throw in being one of the crassest proponents of the liberal market economy and youd have to say that he is defo not facist

Anyway idiot as he is, you can all him many things but throwing dramatic labels on him which aren't true will only help his cause.