The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: easytiger95 on October 15, 2015, 06:39:37 PM
Again I think this is the weakest set of candidates I have ever seen, especially on the democrat side, if you can honestly say you would support Clinton you have no soul nor moral compass, she is poison.

I'd support her in a heartbeat versus the occupants of the Clown Car on the GOP side. Now, where's my moral compass gone?

She has been involved in shady deals for three decades, people have died and she has been suspected of being involved, she did f**k all when four people pleaded with her for help, she is under investigation by the FBI because she exposed tens of thousands of people around the world by being an arrogant arsehole and not using a government phone, she is a flip flop artist who got treated with kid gloves compared to the way the republican candidates were treated, she is bullet proof but she is unfit to Govern, she gives not too shites for veterans or the police and the families of people who went to war whilst she was Secretary of State and she is a liar of the highest order, be careful for what you wish for.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Again I think this is the weakest set of candidates I have ever seen, especially on the democrat side, if you can honestly say you would support Clinton you have no soul nor moral compass, she is poison.

I'd support her in a heartbeat versus the occupants of the Clown Car on the GOP side. Now, where's my moral compass gone?

Same here. Especially when the choice could be Trump, a man who believes in nothing but his own self aggrandization, or Carson, an apparently gifted man who nevertheless has the usual array of clueless Christian right anti-intellectual views.

Ultimately,  policies are what matters. Ethics... they're all at least a little crooked! If Hillary is the nominee, it won't be for lack of trying, on the part of the GOP,  to bring her down. If she makes it, she will get my vote.

J70

Vince Foster FFS.

We are scraping the bottom of the barrel now stew!

easytiger95

Quote from: stew on October 15, 2015, 07:01:59 PM

She has been involved in shady deals for three decades, people have died and she has been suspected of being involved, she did f**k all when four people pleaded with her for help, she is under investigation by the FBI because she exposed tens of thousands of people around the world by being an arrogant arsehole and not using a government phone, she is a flip flop artist who got treated with kid gloves compared to the way the republican candidates were treated, she is bullet proof but she is unfit to Govern, she gives not too shites for veterans or the police and the families of people who went to war whilst she was Secretary of State and she is a liar of the highest order, be careful for what you wish for.

If she has been involved in shady deals for decades, where's the proof? Remember the Starr report was an off shoot of the Whitewater/Foster investigations, and they found zero proof of any impropriety - which is why Ken Starr went after Bill for sexual impropriety.

None of the ten - count them, ten - investigations into Benghazi, which were mostly Republican led - could  prove any wrongdoing, so they simply decided to keep re-hearing the evidence in an attempt to smear her (since admitted by three sources, one investigator on the Gowdy committee, one potential nominee for Speaker and one Rep congressman who said the same today). You phrasing your accusation as she did f**k all when four people pleaded with her for help is the same kind of manipulative bullshit that the Republicans have been doing for the past year. Do you honestly think that she was on a phone to the ambassador and put it down? I don't know which is scarier - the lie or the fact that it sounds like you believe the lie.

As for the emails, I believe that both she and the State Department have questions to answer - but if it was common practice for Secretaries to conduct business through personal email (as I believe was the case with previous Republican incumbents, open to correction on that though) then that is an institutional failure that should be corrected. The FBI have not charged her, because they have no proof of wrong doing.

Anyone who thinks that Clinton is a normal person is mistaken - I don't believe anyone, on either side of the aisle, can rise as far as she has without having something that sets them apart, or being changed in one way or another. She is a career politician, she has changed her position on issues, and i believe that a lot of that is calculated.

But if you believe that America has had many morally upright denizens of the Oval Office over the past 100 years or so, you don't know your history.

Wilson, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton - all had extraordinary achievements in office - and all were deeply flawed, calculating, political animals.

If you're looking for upright moral citizens, I'll give you Carter - and look what happened there. And Truman who, as well as the Marshall Plan and the Berlin airlift, also gave us Hiroshima/Nagasaki and the Korean War.

Hillary is not the Satan you make her out to be, and even if she was guilty of half the things you claim, doesn't deserve the hatred, misogyny and vitriol you're expending on her.

Whichever candidate has chill pills on their platform, you should be voting for.

stew

Quote from: easytiger95 on October 15, 2015, 07:35:44 PM
Quote from: stew on October 15, 2015, 07:01:59 PM

If she has been involved in shady deals for decades, where's the proof? Remember the Starr report was an off shoot of the Whitewater/Foster investigations, and they found zero proof of any impropriety - which is why Ken Starr went after Bill for sexual impropriety.

None of the ten - count them, ten - investigations into Benghazi, which were mostly Republican led - could  prove any wrongdoing, so they simply decided to keep re-hearing the evidence in an attempt to smear her (since admitted by three sources, one investigator on the Gowdy committee, one potential nominee for Speaker and one Rep congressman who said the same today). You phrasing your accusation as she did f**k all when four people pleaded with her for help is the same kind of manipulative bullshit that the Republicans have been doing for the past year. Do you honestly think that she was on a phone to the ambassador and put it down? I don't know which is scarier - the lie or the fact that it sounds like you believe the lie.

As for the emails, I believe that both she and the State Department have questions to answer - but if it was common practice for Secretaries to conduct business through personal email (as I believe was the case with previous Republican incumbents, open to correction on that though) then that is an institutional failure that should be corrected. The FBI have not charged her, because they have no proof of wrong doing.

Anyone who thinks that Clinton is a normal person is mistaken - I don't believe anyone, on either side of the aisle, can rise as far as she has without having something that sets them apart, or being changed in one way or another. She is a career politician, she has changed her position on issues, and i believe that a lot of that is calculated.

But if you believe that America has had many morally upright denizens of the Oval Office over the past 100 years or so, you don't know your history.

Wilson, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton - all had extraordinary achievements in office - and all were deeply flawed, calculating, political animals.

If you're looking for upright moral citizens, I'll give you Carter - and look what happened there. And Truman who, as well as the Marshall Plan and the Berlin airlift, also gave us Hiroshima/Nagasaki and the Korean War.

Hillary is not the Satan you make her out to be, and even if she was guilty of half the things you claim, doesn't deserve the hatred, misogyny and vitriol you're expending on her.

Whichever candidate has chill pills on their platform, you should be voting for.

Carter was a dolt, a decent man way way out of his depth, she is a Clinton, the female teflon don, as for Truman, remind of of which party he belonged to again.

She deserves and will get a lot more, she should be in jail but is untouchable and she is not trusted by people on the question of ethics.

What the feck do you think is going to happen with her as commander in chief? Veterans coming back from wars are not being taken car of, they do not care, Putin is bitch slapping Obama/ Clinton all over the shop and the Chinese smell blood in the water, this administration is toothless and with Clinton at the helm the deficit will climb to were it is impossible to dig ourselves out.

One man in eight years has added 8.5 trillion to the national debt in 7 years, TRILLION.

Please Biden run, you are brutal but Clinton will severely damage the USA as president.

J70

For the final time stew, what should Obama have done regarding the debt under the circumstances?  Do you know how much of it is down to stimulus?  Declining tax revenue?

easytiger95

as for Truman, remind of of which party he belonged to again

5 of the 7 "flawed" Presidents I named were Democrats.

What the feck do you think is going to happen with her as commander in chief? Veterans coming back from wars are not being taken car of, they do not care, Putin is bitch slapping Obama/ Clinton all over the shop and the Chinese smell blood in the water, this administration is toothless and with Clinton at the helm the deficit will climb to were it is impossible to dig ourselves out.

Who are you angry with Stew, Obama or Clinton? Clinton's tenure at State ended in 2013 - before Putin went after the Ukraine. And whilst I think Obama's greatest failings have been in foreign policy, anyone who thinks Putin is a genius by sending his troops into Syria is forgetting that Russia had it's own Vietnam in Afghanistan during the 80s. Indeed, even Putin knows the dangerous game he is playing - he thinks he has to prop up Assad, but he is simultaneously making noises about withdrawing from Eastern Ukraine and mending fences with the EU/USA. Putin's economy is crumbling from sanctions - we'll see how his policy works out in the next few months.

As for the Chinese, the only blood they are smelling in the water is from their own economists slitting their wrists - they've devalued twice in the last year and it hasn't done them any good. The last IMF report says that all the dangers to recovery come from weakness in China. You might find they need the US more than the US needs them over the next 12 months.

Your post reads like a talking point memo for a Republican candidate and has exactly the same relationship as that does to objective reality.

gallsman

Lads, you're trying to calmly and rationally discuss politics with a rabid halfwit. You'll not get any sense, logic, rhyme or reason out of any of it.

stew

Quote from: easytiger95 on October 15, 2015, 08:03:44 PM
as for Truman, remind of of which party he belonged to again

5 of the 7 "flawed" Presidents I named were Democrats.

Who are you angry with Stew, Obama or Clinton? Clinton's tenure at State ended in 2013 - before Putin went after the Ukraine. And whilst I think Obama's greatest failings have been in foreign policy, anyone who thinks Putin is a genius by sending his troops into Syria is forgetting that Russia had it's own Vietnam in Afghanistan during the 80s. Indeed, even Putin knows the dangerous game he is playing - he thinks he has to prop up Assad, but he is simultaneously making noises about withdrawing from Eastern Ukraine and mending fences with the EU/USA. Putin's economy is crumbling from sanctions - we'll see how his policy works out in the next few months.

As for the Chinese, the only blood they are smelling in the water is from their own economists slitting their wrists - they've devalued twice in the last year and it hasn't done them any good. The last IMF report says that all the dangers to recovery come from weakness in China. You might find they need the US more than the US needs them over the next 12 months.

Your post reads like a talking point memo for a Republican candidate and has exactly the same relationship as that does to objective reality.

I am not forgetting Russia's past here, the afghans, thanks to a US Congressman and their doggedness beat the russians but the fact is he knows Obama is weak, Obama actually did well for me pertaining to the very sanctions he imposed on Russia, the price of oil is crippling him yet here we are, with Putin flexing his muscle while Obama sits meekly by. I dont want him to start a war, but I do expect him to let Putin know that Assad must go and the people that had to leave their war ravaged country must be allowed to return, the west cannot house them forever, I see mo sign of that.

J70

Do you want US troops in Syria stew? A major reengagement in Iraq and Afghanistan?

foxcommander

Quote from: gallsman on October 15, 2015, 08:26:49 PM
Lads, you're trying to calmly and rationally discuss politics with a rabid halfwit. You'll not get any sense, logic, rhyme or reason out of any of it.

Gallsman - Even though I disagree with him you could be a bit nicer to J70. Calling him a halfwit is just mean.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2015, 07:14:04 PM

Same here. Especially when the choice could be Trump, a man who believes in nothing but his own self aggrandization, or Carson, an apparently gifted man who nevertheless has the usual array of clueless Christian right anti-intellectual views.

Ultimately,  policies are what matters. Ethics... they're all at least a little crooked! If Hillary is the nominee, it won't be for lack of trying, on the part of the GOP,  to bring her down. If she makes it, she will get my vote.

Of course she will, is it not the idea? bringing the other side down like?

I am not a yank so I cant vote, but if it was her or Trump I would abstain, she is a blight on this country as far as I am concerned, a cancerous part of the establishment, her husband was a gangster and so is she!

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2015, 08:30:00 PM
Do you want US troops in Syria stew? A major reengagement in Iraq and Afghanistan?

No I don't, I want Assad out, the key to Assad is Putin, sanction him until he bends or find a way  to talk sense to him via diplomatic channels, Kerry is useless, they don't respect him so he would need to be replaced.

The UN will do feck all and Obama is going to have to force Putins hand here.

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on October 15, 2015, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 15, 2015, 08:26:49 PM

Gallsman - Even though I disagree with him you could be a bit nicer to J70. Calling him a halfwit is just mean.

;)

J70

Quote from: stew on October 15, 2015, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2015, 08:30:00 PM

No I don't, I want Assad out, the key to Assad is Putin, sanction him until he bends or find a way  to talk sense to him via diplomatic channels, Kerry is useless, they don't respect him so he would need to be replaced.

The UN will do feck all and Obama is going to have to force Putins hand here.

There are sanctions on him and they haven't made much difference. He could probably use them to his advantage at home anyway. Took a long time for them to have an effect on Iran.

Whether or not you like Kerry, he isn't going anywhere.  The GOP are already blocking hundreds of nominations in the Senate. Plus why would Obama replace a Secretary of State with 15 months left?