The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Is there any previous position Romney WON'T deny holding?

Obama shaded it, but only because Romney agreed with him so much. Can't trounce someone who agrees with you!

Two weeks to go.... neck and neck.

screenexile

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2012, 07:01:23 PM
Quote from: stew on October 22, 2012, 06:35:12 PM
I hope that Romney hammers BO on Libia and on the lies, subsequent cover up and his miserable record as President of theses United States. :)
And that will solve all ye're problems  ::)

Jasus but you're some harmless gom  :-\

You are the gom....were did I say that would solve all our problems?

You need comprehension lessons, going back to school would do you no harm cub!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 23, 2012, 04:14:13 AM
Debates' Score

Obama 2  Romney 1

Unfortunately for President Obama, he lost the crucial one--the first, but tonight he won handsomely.

If you think Bo won two of those debates you are fecked in the head Orais.

Romney looked Presidential last night, BO was a great man for the sound bites and for interrupting Romney, Obamanation got his facts wrong and Romney hammered him on it.

Obama won feck all last night, they were both average at best, lying through your teeth on foreign policy, domestic policy and destroying the country for future generations does not a good President make.

I am sure you are all delighted that Obama claims to have  a stronger relationship with Israel than ever before. ;)

Obama is a nightmare, unparalleled debt, lies, big government & he even apologized to the American people for losing touch with them, and you lot want this chube elected again?

The mind boggles.

Oh yeah, nice of the Dems to send letters threatening Republican registered voters that their citizenship is in question and that if they tried to vote without getting cleared to do so they would be done with a felony and do jail time. Stay classy democrats!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NetNitrate

Quote from: stew on October 23, 2012, 04:00:08 PM
Debates' Score

Obama 2  Romney 1

Unfortunately for President Obama, he lost the crucial one--the first, but tonight he won handsomely.

Romney looked Presidential last night, BO was a great man for the sound bites and for interrupting Romney, Obamanation got his facts wrong and Romney hammered him on it.

Obama won feck all last night, they were both average at best, lying through your teeth on foreign policy, domestic policy and destroying the country for future generations does not a good President make.

I am sure you are all delighted that Obama claims to have  a stronger relationship with Israel than ever before. ;)

Obama is a nightmare, unparalleled debt, lies, big government & he even apologized to the American people for losing touch with them, and you lot want this chube elected again?

You do realise that all the polls after the debate (CBS, CNN), showed Obama winning handily. And if you checked your facts, you'd see the size of the government had decreased in a big way under Obama.

Two conservative media outlets - Forbes and Marketwatch - show that it has decreased big time. He is in fact the small government spender since Eisenhower.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05/24/who-is-the-smallest-government-spender-since-eisenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/

naka

obama won clearly last night, it wasnt a knockout but he was the victor

dont care eithe way for the result altho it looks like obama will wqueeze it like bush did over gore

J70

Quote from: stew on October 23, 2012, 04:00:08 PM
Debates' Score

Obama 2  Romney 1

The mind boggles.

Oh yeah, nice of the Dems to send letters threatening Republican registered voters that their citizenship is in question and that if they tried to vote without getting cleared to do so they would be done with a felony and do jail time. Stay classy democrats!

f**k me Stew, you are either hopelessly ignorant or completely disingenuous. The right wing are the masters of dirty tricks, from phoning minorities to "advise" them of "changes" of dates or venues for voting, to grassroots and government efforts to purge voter lists, using sledgehammers instead of fine toothcombs. Assuming your story is true (some details would help), it ain't a patch on the Republicans. Let's hope your outrage at such tactics is genuine and you can similarly condemn the Republicans.

Rossfan

Quote from: stew on October 23, 2012, 03:45:38 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2012, 07:01:23 PM
Quote from: stew on October 22, 2012, 06:35:12 PM
I hope that Romney hammers BO on Libia and on the lies, subsequent cover up and his miserable record as President of theses United States. :)

going back to school would do you no harm cub!

I'm not alone it would seem.  ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Iceman

They are both politicians and they both lie. They showed that last night and on other nights. They aren't the first to do so and they won't be the last.
Romney was out of his depth last night. I still think he will shade it though.
I believe he will be bad for the country.
I'm surprised they didn't go after his faith some more - I'm even surprised the Republican Party put him forward based on their so called strong Christian roots.
I have encountered a few Mormons and here is a sample of some of their beliefs: http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/fourteen

Regardless of that though I would be worried about what his immediate plans are to shut down this, that and the other and to challenge current policy overseas.
Interesting times ahead for those of us living here....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on October 23, 2012, 05:38:39 PM
I have encountered a few Mormons and here is a sample of some of their beliefs: http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/fourteen

I feel I have to challenge you on this buddy. I think it is fair to suggest that with your unwavering dedication to the Catholic Church, you have more that you feel you should protect than I might.

When you say encountered - what do you mean? The dudes at your door in matching ties pressing books of mormon into you?

Nevada has a very large population of mormon folks, and in all sections of my life I have relationships with them. Work, play, social, coaching. I have said before on here that they are some of the nicest, most decent human beings I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Dismissing someone because they are Mormon would be a very wrong thing to do in my book. I am glad to call upwards of 10 of them good friends.

There are of course, very fundamental people within any church, or group. I like to think I can seperate the people, from the church.

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on October 23, 2012, 05:48:11 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 23, 2012, 05:38:39 PM

I feel I have to challenge you on this buddy. I think it is fair to suggest that with your unwavering dedication to the Catholic Church, you have more that you feel you should protect than I might.

When you say encountered - what do you mean? The dudes at your door in matching ties pressing books of mormon into you?

Nevada has a very large population of mormon folks, and in all sections of my life I have relationships with them. Work, play, social, coaching. I have said before on here that they are some of the nicest, most decent human beings I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Dismissing someone because they are Mormon would be a very wrong thing to do in my book. I am glad to call upwards of 10 of them good friends.

There are of course, very fundamental people within any church, or group. I like to think I can seperate the people, from the church.
Yes Puck, the lads at the door.
I can respect you have friends who are Mormons and that you can seperate people from the Church - but can your mormon friends?  We don't have to draw this out and you can email me on the side if you want but something for you to think about too..... I'm not saying they aren't good people, kind people, even the salt of the earth in many cases.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Why would the Dems attack Romney for his religion? The Republicans are the religious party. I doubt if most Democrats give religion a second thought when it comes to politics beyond fearing lunatic Bachmann types and keeping it out of official policy, science and any other place it doesn't belong.

The Iceman

Because its an extreme fundamentalist group not recognised by the other Christian Churches. Because Romney is or was a Bishop in this Church. Because one of their beliefs is the second coming cannot happen until Mormons are in key positions of power in America. Because it is difficult to serve two masters - America and his god.

J70

Did they not level the two masters argument at Kennedy?

And weren't GW Bush and Carter devout believers?

The Iceman

GW and Carter didn't believe they needed to be President so Jesus would be born again in the midwest....

but thats a different topic and maybe just be speaking out loud too much of my own fears. I'm not convinced in Romney, despite Puck's endorsement of his brethren :) and his religion worries me greatly.