The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 24, 2011, 02:28:28 AM
you Anti-American haters

that would be people who hate "Anti-Americans" then would it?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

Quote from: heganboy on September 25, 2011, 06:38:18 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on September 24, 2011, 02:28:28 AM
you Anti-American haters

that would be people who hate "Anti-Americans" then would it?
Yes Chicken Little...I missed a comma  :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

heganboy

I'd say on this particular subject you're missing a lot more than that.

I don't see how either party in their current incarnations is offering anything new to the majority of people in the United States that will bring the nation forward. The answer is neither little government and no taxes or big government and big taxes, it is smart government and smart taxes. From what I can make out the closest to that position at the moment is Obama's watered down tax bill.

I have yet to see any coherent or viable tax or economic position from any Republican candidate. And to compound the issue, even if someone comes up with a viable plan, there aren't enough sensible people in a position to pass it.

So rather than try to pick holes in everything Obama does, how about you stop insulting everyone with a different opinion to yours, and engage your brain and engage in the discussion that is on the discussion board.

I miss the old TO.

Tyrones own

QuoteIt is interesting, and true to form though, despite all your protestations about other people doing it with respect to Obama, that you've nothing to say on those incidents at the Republican primaries other than shooting the messengers!
But sure what they say or do at this present time has no bearing what so ever on
the mess we're in...and to that end, it is interesting that you still find reason to try to justify the epic failure that is actually in control of the mess we're in!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote"If you say that we should not educate children who have come into our state for no other reason than they've been brought here by no fault of their own, I don't think you have a heart," Perry said at Thursday's Fox News/Google debate in Orlando.
Let me put it this way;
"If at 20 you're not a liberal, you don't have a heart
If at 40 you still a liberal, you don't have a brain"

It's the thinking with the bleeding heart that has us in
the hole we're in...time to start using the head and being
realistic.
Enough of this heart horse shite, people are sick of it!
  - Walter Lippmann

dec

Quote from: heganboy on September 25, 2011, 04:09:37 PM
I miss the old TO.

Which TO is that? I don't recall him ever articulating a position on any subject. He has been very good at restricting his output to Obama/left wing bashing. He loves to bash Obama but won't suggest a Republican candidate who he would support. He loves to whine about what he sees as a left wing media but won't let us know what he reads as an alternative. The vast majority of his output could be replaced by "Obama is useless, You're all anti-american, You just read a bunch of biased media sources, You're all drinking the kool-aid" without there being much loss in content.

dec

Quote from: dec on September 28, 2011, 05:34:58 PM
I miss the old TO.

Which TO is that? I don't recall him ever articulating a position on any subject. He has been very good at restricting his output to Obama/left wing bashing. He loves to bash Obama but won't suggest a Republican candidate who he would support. He loves to whine about what he sees as a left wing media but won't let us know what he reads as an alternative. The vast majority of his output could be replaced by "Obama is useless, You're all anti-american, You just read a bunch of biased media sources, You're all drinking the kool-aid" without there being much loss in content.

And as if to prove my point, while I was composing my previous comment he posts another content free piece of name calling.

Tyrones own

Quote from: dec on September 28, 2011, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: dec on September 28, 2011, 05:34:58 PM
I miss the old TO.

And as if to prove my point, while I was composing my previous comment he posts another content free piece of name calling.
Actually most of the bit in bold is spot on  :P

Hey...don't take my word for it, look at his poll
numbers, look at his results, look at the corruption scandals,
look at the headlines this morning for instance that immigration reform is a top priority ::)
I'm sure that really warms the masses on the unemployment lines!

And as for who I'm supporting, a) contrary to popular belief, I'm not a
Republican and b) obviously the strongest candidate, one who'll be able
to with stand the onslaught from the media in their efforts to get the empty suit re-elected.
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 28, 2011, 05:03:55 PM
QuoteIt is interesting, and true to form though, despite all your protestations about other people doing it with respect to Obama, that you've nothing to say on those incidents at the Republican primaries other than shooting the messengers!
But sure what they say or do at this present time has no bearing what so ever on
the mess we're in...and to that end, it is interesting that you still find reason to try to justify the epic failure that is actually in control of the mess we're in!

Yet you still can't either condemn or support those views! Can't even reveal that much??

As for myself, I stated last week, I have not defended Obama, job performance-wise, here in months. His leadership has been awful and unless he gets his act together quickly, people are not going to bother turning out for him next year, regardless of the appalling antics of the House. The only bright light, from my perspective, is that the extremism of the GOP base is killing one candidate after another (Rick Perry for f**ks sake!) and we may yet be left with a relative moderate like Romney (of course, we thought similar last time around with McCain until he decided to debase himself with Palin and attempts to appeal to the far right)

Oraisteach

TO, you have fathered a battalion of illegitimate ideas on here, but the following typifies your insensitivity and the insensitivity of the right as a whole: "Enough of this heart horse shite, people are sick of it!'

It is this very "heart shite" that separates the callous from the compassionate, the conservative from the caring, the I'm-All-Right-Jack-Screw-You from the Can-I-Give-You-A-Hand.  Where did that mindset get us in the Civil Rights movement, Irish or American?

It is precisely the reason I will never vote for a Republican.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 28, 2011, 05:26:18 PM
Quote"If you say that we should not educate children who have come into our state for no other reason than they've been brought here by no fault of their own, I don't think you have a heart," Perry said at Thursday's Fox News/Google debate in Orlando.
Let me put it this way;

realistic.

You think Churchill would support just abandoning a generation of children because of circumstances beyond their control?

What do you think should be done with these kids?

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on September 28, 2011, 07:13:39 PM

Yet you still can't either condemn or support those views! Can't even reveal that much??

As for myself, I stated last week, I have not defended Obama, job performance-wise, here in months. His leadership has been awful and unless he gets his act together quickly, people are not going to bother turning out for him next year, regardless of the appalling antics of the House. The only bright light, from my perspective, is that the extremism of the GOP base is killing one candidate after another (Rick Perry for f**ks sake!) and we may yet be left with a relative moderate like Romney (of course, we thought similar last time around with McCain until he decided to debase himself with Palin and attempts to appeal to the far right)
In months ::) exactly my point...he was out of his depth in the Senate let alone becoming President and your hardened dismissal to my opinion of him since 2007 won't be brushed under the carpet that easily!
But fair play to you...it is a start, he is quite simply not a leader, never was
and isn't suddenly going to become one with 4 more years!
  - Walter Lippmann

heganboy

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 28, 2011, 05:26:18 PM
Let me put it this way;

realistic.

QuoteIf by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."
John F Kennedy

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 28, 2011, 07:37:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 28, 2011, 07:13:39 PM

In months ::) exactly my point...he was out of his depth in the Senate let alone becoming President and your hardened dismissal to my opinion of him since 2007 won't be brushed under the carpet that easily!
But fair play to you...it is a start, he is quite simply not a leader, never was
and isn't suddenly going to become one with 4 more years!

I've dismissed your shrill over-the-top ridiculous personal attacks on him and will continue to do so.  But yes, credit where its due, as far as I remember you did raise the inexperience thing back during the campaign.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014