The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

It starts today.

I guess Fox figures the overall humiliation and even further loss of credibility the revelations will bring are worth it given the chances that they'll beat the case legally, given the very high bar Dominion have to clear with the "actual malice" requirement. Plus, their audience probably won't hear much about it anyway. Or care if they do. Trying to hold onto viewers they were losing to the clown shows of OAN and Newsmax is why Fox went down this particular avenue in the first place.

Eamonnca1

BREAKING:  The Fox News / Dominion Trial is officially underway, and the day is already not going well for Fox News.  Twelve jurors have just been seated. The court is now moving to seat the 12 alternate jurors.  Details:

- New details have emerged from former Fox News producer Abby Grossberg, who worked with Tucker Carlson and Maria Bartiromo. (More to come here)

- Multiple reports said that Fox News were the ones pushing for a settlement to avoid the case going to trial. Dominion appears to have refused.

- The trial is moving full stream ahead today.

Let's hope justice and truth prevail.

J70

Fox is not the only one at risk.

I hope those poor Georgia election workers sue The Gateway Pundit sc**bag brothers back into the stone age.

"Rhetorical hyperbole" my arse.

https://missouriindependent.com/2023/04/17/as-fox-news-case-heads-to-trial-far-right-st-louis-site-faces-its-own-defamation-suit/

Eamonnca1

Ron "won't someone think of the children" DeSantis wants to put a prison beside Disneyworld because he's triggered by some cartoon or something. Chris Christie has this to say about it:

"I don't think Ron DeSantis is a conservative, based on his actions towards Disney. I mean, where are we headed now, that if you express disagreement in this country the government is allowed to punish you?"

Gmac

The censorship boys on here should've worked at twitter

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 18, 2023, 07:02:48 PM

Who's getting censored Gmac?

I'll bet you were heart broken when Alex Jones was held accountable for his callous, filthy lies about the six year old victims at Sandy Hook. Was THAT little piece of after-the-fact accountability censorship?

Trump is out today telling Murdoch to lie on the stand about the 2020 election. You think that's ok, that he, the man you're most likely going to vote for in the next election, is still out there pushing extremely damaging, pants-on-fire lies?

Gabriel_Hurl

Fox shit the togs then and have settled 

dec

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 18, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

And not a mention of it on the Fox News website.

J70

Probably inevitable given the revelations yet to come.

Wonder what the conditions are? Is an admission of regret or guilt in there? Or did they just throw so much money at it that it will be sealed?

Next up, Smartmatic.

dec

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 18, 2023, 07:37:43 PM

I'll bet you were heart broken when Alex Jones was held accountable for his callous, filthy lies about the six year old victims at Sandy Hook. Was THAT little piece of after-the-fact accountability censorship?

Trump is out today telling Murdoch to lie on the stand about the 2020 election. You think that's ok, that he, the man you're most likely going to vote for in the next election, is still out there pushing extremely damaging, pants-on-fire lies?
you ever see me talk about Alex jones  ?
Hillary is still talking about how the election was stolen from her is that disinformation ?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: J70 on April 18, 2023, 09:17:39 PMNext up, Smartmatic.

QuoteStatement from Smartmatic lawyer Erik Connolly: "Dominion's litigation exposed some of the misconduct and damage caused by Fox's disinformation campaign. Smartmatic will expose the rest. Smartmatic remains committed to clearing its name, recouping the significant damage done to the company, and holding Fox accountable for undermining democracy."

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 18, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Smerconish said weeks ago that they would settle

Way too much bad stuff was going to come out at trial

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 18, 2023, 09:20:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 18, 2023, 07:37:43 PM

you ever see me talk about Alex jones  ?
Hillary is still talking about how the election was stolen from her is that disinformation ?

Alex Jones is exactly equivalent to what Fox were doing. You're the one who was whining about censorship.

If Hillary is saying that, then yes. Can't say I've seen Hillary having much of a profile at all or engaging in a never ending very public campaign about it though.

As always, I invite you to back up your claims.