The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 18, 2022, 10:35:01 PM
What the residents of Martha's Vineyard are doing: Rallying to support the sudden influx of migrants bussed there by human trafficking Rethuglican governors.
What the conservatives are doing: Posting stupid memes about how they "owned the libs" by dumping migrants on them, and unfounded claims that the locals are trying to keep or kick the migrants out.

If the conservatives wanted to really annoy people in blue states, they'd have to move to said blue states themselves.

Theres video evidence but ok.

whitey

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 18, 2022, 10:42:31 PM
What the residents of Martha's Vineyard are doing: Rallying to support the sudden influx of migrants bussed there by human trafficking Rethuglican governors.
What the conservatives are doing: Posting stupid memes about how they "owned the libs" by dumping migrants on them, and unfounded claims that the locals are trying to keep or kick the migrants out.

If the conservatives wanted to really annoy people in blue states, they'd have to move to said blue states themselves.

They're already gone

They were on the island for all of about 36 hours before they were put on a bus and ferried to the mainland, where they're staying at an air force base. Kids getting ready to start school in Bourne tomorrow from what I've been told

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 18, 2022, 10:42:31 PM

Such as?

Gmac

Cernovich summed it up perfectly
The migrants came the 80% Biden voters took selfies with them to get the social media points
Next day the military removed them

fearbrags

Quote from: Gmac on September 19, 2022, 02:19:36 AM
The migrants came the 80% Biden voters took selfies with them to get the social media points

This Guy     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Cernovich

Wow

J70

You're quoting Cernovich? Seriously??

That's the kind of lowlife sc**bag you turn to?

Tell us Gmac, what should the people of Martha's Vineyard have done that they didn't do?

Did they take care of the asylum seekers dumped on their doorstep out of the blue?

Did they feed and shelter them?

Were they equipped to house them for and handle their asylum process, to put their kids in school, or was that something better handled as is currently being done?

J70

Quote from: fearbrags on September 19, 2022, 03:18:30 AM

This Guy     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Cernovich

Wow

Nice lad, hey.

I did learn a new word reading that.

I'd never heard of "manosphere" before.

f**k me these people are such f**king losers.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 19, 2022, 12:23:31 PM

Tell us Gmac, what should the people of Martha's Vineyard have done that they didn't do?

Did they take care of the asylum seekers dumped on their doorstep out of the blue?

Were they equipped to house them for and handle their asylum process, to put their kids in school, or was that something better handled as is currently being done?

J70

The people of the Vineyard elect and fund politicians who believe in open borders

They declare themselves a sanctuary community

They put sign in their yards declaring that migrants are welcome and no person is illegal

Yet when the problem lands on their door they have no answer

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 19, 2022, 01:43:33 PM

J70

The people of the Vineyard elect and fund politicians who believe in open borders

They put sign in their yards declaring that migrants are welcome and no person is illegal

So they should have been prepared, beds and school desks at the ready, to provide long term care dozens and dozens of asylum seekers dropped on their doorsteps with zero notice??

Right.

Seems to me they and the state of Massachusetts (led by a GOP governor who is a decent human being) did just fine under the circumstances.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 19, 2022, 02:35:31 PM

J70

So they should have been prepared, beds and school desks at the ready, to provide long term care dozens and dozens of asylum seekers dropped on their doorsteps with zero notice??

Right.

Seems to me they and the state of Massachusetts (led by a GOP governor who is a decent human being) did just fine under the circumstances.

I guess my point (which either you're missing or I'm not properly articulating) is that it's very easy to support policies that don't impact you.

Do you think the towns in TX and AZ have the infrastructure to deal with the thousands of people poring in every day?  They don't-but geographically they're screwed and have no choice but to deal with it

What would the good people of MV do there were thousands of people sleeping rough on their streets and defecating on their manicured lawns. I'd say a solution would be found pretty quickly

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 19, 2022, 02:46:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 19, 2022, 02:35:31 PM

J70

Right.

I guess my point (which either you're missing or I'm not properly articulating) is that it's very easy to support policies that don't impact you.

Do you think the towns in TX and AZ have the infrastructure to deal with the thousands of people poring in every day?  They don't-but geographically they're screwed and have no choice but to deal with it

What would the good people of MV do there were thousands of people sleeping rough on their streets and defecating on their manicured lawns. I'd say a solution would be found pretty quickly

EVERYONE votes on (for or against) stuff that doesn't directly affect them.

Stem cell research. Coincidence that Nancy Reagan came out in support of the promise of it when her husband fell victim to severe Alzheimers?

Various GOP politicians who've vociferously opposed gay rights until it came to their own doorstep in the form of a gay son or daughter and they saw that actual real human beings are affected by this rhetoric and legislating? Rob Portman (a bleeding heard liberal these days in the GOP) comes to mind.

I have no issue with border state politicians raising issues about the border and providing valid and genuine criticism of what the feds should or shouldn't be doing. If the feds need to set up more infrastructure at the border, then make that point. Its not like they don't have an entire media industry there to help them scream about it.

Political stunts set up purely to boost their election campaigns and involving the abuse of asylum-seeking human beings are cruel and irresponsible and serve no one except their own, personal selfish interests.

If they really gave a f**k about these people as human beings and legitimately wanted the help of these cities and states, they'd be working with them and, at the very least, giving them a bit of notice to prepare. Not callously using them as vote-seeking props.

whitey

Stop changing the subject

Kamala and Joes border policies have been an unmitigated disaster and they're doing nothing to fix it

The Republicans are dead right to bring it to their doorsteps

If they (Democrats) and their supporters (and their donors)  have to deal with it first hand, maybe they'll actually do something about it apart from putting a stupid sign in their front yard

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 19, 2022, 03:19:53 PM

Kamala and Joes border policies have been an unmitigated disaster and they're doing nothing to fix it

If they (Democrats) and their supporters (and their donors)  have to deal with it first hand, maybe they'll actually do something about it apart from putting a stupid sign in their front yard

How am I changing the subject?

You said "I guess my point (which either you're missing or I'm not properly articulating) is that it's very easy to support policies that don't impact you."

I pointed out that everyone does this.

I could continue by pointing out how various GOP policies which don't affect them directly could be visited upon THEIR doorsteps. Should we start with environmental or worker protections?

I guess you at least have the balls to admit you support DeSantis and his callous actions.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 19, 2022, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 19, 2022, 03:19:53 PM

How am I changing the subject?

You said "I guess my point (which either you're missing or I'm not properly articulating) is that it's very easy to support policies that don't impact you."

I pointed out that everyone does this.

I could continue by pointing out how various GOP policies which don't affect them directly could be visited upon THEIR doorsteps. Should we start with environmental or worker protections?

I guess you at least have the balls to admit you support DeSantis and his callous actions.

We're discussing a current immigration crisis and you start bringing up Nancy fvckin Regans views on stem research from 40 years ago.

Stick to the topic at hand!

(Yes-every politician should have to live with the repercussions of their policies. Nothing became more apparent than people voting for a war, they didn't have to fight)

Gmac

Mv residents should have opened up up their homes to the immigrants as the sign says no human is illegal then they should have done the following
Anyone of  school age should have been put in public school and classes taught in Spanish irrespective of how that affects other students.
Give drivers licenses to all of them .
Send them to local hospitals for health care check ups . Citizens take a back seat for a while.
Let them set up drink , clothes and snack sidewalk businesses without permits or permission preferably in front of the nicest properties.
Anyone who can do construction set up businesses without licenses and undercut local contractors , also don't worry about any insurance would be racist to ask 
Pay zero taxes 
If it's ok for my city in California to do that with a fraction of the income or resources why can't mv ?