season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteOnly 14 empty seats for the football final - the attendance was 82,286 incredible

So I take it that tickets were in short supply and that not all "real" fans actually got in?

The season ticket is not a bad deal, even for Armagh people it was worth it to have a ticket for the Tyrone championship game. There is a reasonable prospect of an all ticket game next year, depending on the draw and the venue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cúig huaire

Just received the following, money must be tight.  ::)

A chara,
During the GAA Ticket Office review of the Season Ticket for 2009 it has come to our attention that some payments did not process correctly during the summer.
The process involved is semi-automated and was not completed correctly at the time of the fixture.
In order to rectify the situation, the relevant charge has been made against your credit or Laser card.
Down v Wicklow (GAA Football Qualifier) EUR 10 per Season Ticket
Please accept our apologies for the delay in making this charge. We have already taken the steps necessary to prevent a recurrence of this problem.
As a dedicated supporter who holds a Season Ticket for your county you will be given first refusal on the 2010 renewal. You can expect to hear more about how to renew in the coming weeks.
Again, apologies for the delayed correction of this error.
Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office.

Good to see that we will be getting first refusal on tickets for 2010. I expect there will be a bigger demand for tickets next year.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Rossfan

Got the same email about the Ros/Wexford replay.
I thought they might have had the dacency to let us have replays on the house  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

I have made up my mind that nothing beats standing during a game, therefore I won't get one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 09, 2009, 05:20:13 PM
Just received the following, money must be tight.  ::)

A chara,
During the GAA Ticket Office review of the Season Ticket for 2009 it has come to our attention that some payments did not process correctly during the summer.
The process involved is semi-automated and was not completed correctly at the time of the fixture.
In order to rectify the situation, the relevant charge has been made against your credit or Laser card.
Down v Wicklow (GAA Football Qualifier) EUR 10 per Season Ticket
Please accept our apologies for the delay in making this charge. We have already taken the steps necessary to prevent a recurrence of this problem.
As a dedicated supporter who holds a Season Ticket for your county you will be given first refusal on the 2010 renewal. You can expect to hear more about how to renew in the coming weeks.
Again, apologies for the delayed correction of this error.
Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office.

That explains the posters (such as yourself) whose cards weren't debited (I wasn't one of them).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armaghniac

QuoteThat explains the posters (such as yourself) whose cards weren't debited (I wasn't one of them)

Lads, you should have got an Armagh card. The whole talk before the summer was of debits the whole summer long and in the end all they did was take €10!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: armaghniac on October 09, 2009, 11:11:04 PM
QuoteThat explains the posters (such as yourself) whose cards weren't debited (I wasn't one of them)

Lads, you should have got an Armagh card. The whole talk before the summer was of debits the whole summer long and in the end all they did was take €10!

Nah, I was delighted for the more than (pitiful) €10 I was charged, just a pity it wasn't for two by €10 more!  ;)

donelli

this must be coming up for remewal shortly..

Fear ón Srath Bán

Towards the end of November I believe donelli.

Goldengreen

Just got this from the Season Ticket office:

The 2010 GAA Season Ticket will be up for renewal this week.
The base price remains at just EUR 75 making the GAA Season Ticket the best value in sport.
There are some improvements for this year including:
- A Juvenile GAA Season Ticket at EUR 10 base price
- An Opt Out for the Championship match you cannot attend

Maguire01

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 09, 2009, 10:25:29 PM
I have made up my mind that nothing beats standing during a game, therefore I won't get one.
That's my biggest issue as well. I'll probably still get one, but i'd rather stand generally, even if I did have to pay the seating price.

armaghniac

And
"There will also be a limited number of tickets available for Season Ticket holders who have a county minor team in the All-Ireland Final."

which is welcome, Armagh and other counties like Mayo are more likely to reach the minor than the senior final.

Archie Mitchell

Just got this email.

a chara,

The GAA Season Ticket 2010 will be available for renewal at 12pm on Tuesday 10th November 2009.

Existing Season Ticket holders enjoy first refusal until the end of November.

The Season Ticket remains the best value in sport - the base price is just EUR 75 and then you 'Play & Pay' as your team progresses through the Championship.

New for 2010:

- The Juvenile GAA Season Ticket: just EUR 10 base price

- Entry to the Allianz GAA Final in your selected code included in the base price

- Introducing the 'Opt Out' for that Championship fixture you cannot attend

Numbers remain limited but the scheme has been expanded on a county by county basis. The extra numbers of Season Tickets available plus the introduction of the Juvenile version mean that 'guest' offers are not guaranteed for 2010 Championship fixtures. There's a simple solution to that however - tell your regular guests that they can now buy a GAA Season Ticket for themselves.

Buying a Season Ticket as a gift? Why not add a 'top-up' on the base price so your gift recipient does not need to worry about the remainder of the Championship later? Any unused credit can be used for other events or carried into 2011.

Click into www.seasonticket.gaa.ie to renew your GAA Season Ticket.

Terms and conditions apply. If you have any queries please get in touch with us at seasonticket@gaa.ie.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office.

Wonder how many will be available for the counties who sold out last year like Tyrone, Dublin etc. Makes sense as know alot who want them for next year. If they offered juvenille tickets, why not student and OAP's. Hopefully they improve the website as well so you can login to see games you have attended, more info on upcoming tickets etc. Probably will renew as Tyrone got dealt a good hand in the NFL fixtures. 4 at home and 3 away, with 2 away being close by.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Just received the same, good to see the season ticket numbers have been increased on a county by county basis.

mountainboii

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 10, 2009, 12:09:40 AM
Wonder how many will be available for the counties who sold out last year like Tyrone, Dublin etc. Makes sense as know alot who want them for next year. If they offered juvenille tickets, why not student and OAP's. Hopefully they improve the website as well so you can login to see games you have attended, more info on upcoming tickets etc. Probably will renew as Tyrone got dealt a good hand in the NFL fixtures. 4 at home and 3 away, with 2 away being close by.

This is what I'm disappointed about. I would've definitely picked up a student one for about €45-50, but at €75 its still much cheaper to pay in on the day. Would've been a fairly simple thing to introduce I would've thought.