season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: WeeDonns on November 11, 2009, 06:51:10 AM
QuoteExisting holders have first refusal until the end of November.

What i'm saying is that doesn't appear to be the case. "Existing holders have first refusal until the end of November" surely implies that until the end of November only existing members can purchase tickets, then after this any remaining tickets will go on sale. No?
I got 2 Tyrone tickets yesterday and I'm not an existing member,

Perhaps they've set aside enough tickets to cover existing holders until the end of the month, and its the additional tickets that are on sale to non-holders now.

orangeman

They must have really expanded this scheme - didn't the 250 tickets go in a couple of days last year ???

donelli

Bought my 2 again this year. That the christmas present sorted for the auld lad!!

tyronebhoy

Just bought 2 Tyrone tickets, spaces 19-20 so I assume there are plenty left. 

Had a look at some other clubs and the following were offered:

Down spaces 1-2 
Antrim 1-2
Mayo  49-50
Dublin 15-16
Kerry 16-17
Derry 8-9

TyroneBhoy

Maguire01

omagh_gael

Just bought a couple myself, up to space 50 now. Particularly looking forward to Galway game, get a good weekend out of it!

cloneman

Quote from: Cúig huaire on November 10, 2009, 08:28:26 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 10, 2009, 06:44:47 PM
As for the Down 'offer', that's just a joke. Unless they sort that out, I can't see them shifting too many unless they make this an 'option'.

I have asked the ticket office to look into this. Its a joke to be asked to pay another €50, especially in light of this reply.

A chara,

Thanks for your email.

Can you leave this query with us for a day please? I will consult the Down County Board.

The extra EUR50 goes direct to your county board to fund activities within the county.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

Cúig Huaire any word of a reply from the ticket office.  I was considering purchasing a ticket for next year but not with the extra €50.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: cloneman on November 13, 2009, 11:32:14 PM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on November 10, 2009, 08:28:26 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 10, 2009, 06:44:47 PM
As for the Down 'offer', that's just a joke. Unless they sort that out, I can't see them shifting too many unless they make this an 'option'.

I have asked the ticket office to look into this. Its a joke to be asked to pay another €50, especially in light of this reply.

A chara,

Thanks for your email.

Can you leave this query with us for a day please? I will consult the Down County Board.

The extra EUR50 goes direct to your county board to fund activities within the county.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

Cúig Huaire any word of a reply from the ticket office.  I was considering purchasing a ticket for next year but not with the extra €50.

No word back yet. The extra €50 is a bit unfair. I don't think they have sold too many tickets at the minute.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

orangeman

No county has sold out at this stage it seems  - Dublin still have tickets avaialable - they must have issued a whole lot more than last years 250 per county.

Reccession is playing a big part I'd say.

mountainboii

Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2009, 01:01:10 PM
No county has sold out at this stage it seems  - Dublin still have tickets avaialable - they must have issued a whole lot more than last years 250 per county.

Did any county sell out after 4 days last year?

orangeman

Quote from: AFS on November 14, 2009, 01:22:45 PM

Dublin ?

bigpaul

Doubt if any county sold out after four days last year, very few people would even have known about them after four days last year!Bought one for myself and one for my 14 year old daughter last year,the introduction of the juvenile ticket for e10 is an absolute dream! With the addition of the League Final e75 is a gift for anybody who goes to all their county's matches!!!!!

mountainboii

Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2009, 01:51:53 PM
Quote from: AFS on November 14, 2009, 01:22:45 PM
No county has sold out at this stage it seems  - Dublin still have tickets available - they must have issued a whole lot more than last years 250 per county.

Dublin ?

According to your own thread, they were available for well over a week before there was any mention of a county being sold out last year. I'd imagine the Dublin ones will be harder to shift this time round too, considering their disappointments this year. I doubt any county will sell a massive amount more than last year.

mountainboii

Those numbers don't indicate the numer of tickets sold. Unless some counties are unselling tickets.

western exile

The season ticket people are in discussions with the Down County Board about the possibility of making the Club Championship an optional extra instead of a compulsory €50 more. They realise now that the current offer is not going to work, like they hoped, in its current format.