season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Season tickets are on sale NOW !

western exile

This is what I get when I try to buy!!

Down Football
Your county is particiapting in the GAA National Football League Divison 2.

Down County Board had initiated a new concept for 2010 whereby your GAA Season Ticket is valid for all Down Senior Club Championship fixtures. The base price is €125 as a result.

The base price of €125 includes:

* Down GAA Senior Club Football Championship fixtures
    * 7 Allianz GAA Football National League 2010 round matches
    * Quarter Final of GAA Football Ulster Championship (v. Donegal)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: western exile on November 10, 2009, 11:53:27 AM

Down CB acting on their initiative? No such issues with Tyrone, just the base price of €75.

DCB taking a bit of a liberty there methinks, the least they could have done would be to give the option of base or supplementary.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armaghniac

QuoteThe base price is €125 as a result.

One of the attractions of the season ticket is that you can get it if you are presently living outside the county and so are not well placed to get tickets from clubs in a county in the ordinary way. This addition of club championship games is no help to such people.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Quote from: western exile on November 10, 2009, 11:53:27 AM

Down Football
Your county is particiapting in the GAA National Football League Divison 2.

Down County Board had initiated a new concept for 2010 whereby your GAA Season Ticket is valid for all Down Senior Club Championship fixtures. The base price is €125 as a result.

The base price of €125 includes:

* Down GAA Senior Club Football Championship fixtures
    * 7 Allianz GAA Football National League 2010 round matches
    * Quarter Final of GAA Football Ulster Championship (v. Donegal)

Looks like a solo run by Down there - not a bad idea at all but as FOSB says it should be added as an optional extra.

western exile

Quote from: armaghniac on November 10, 2009, 12:04:18 PM
QuoteThe base price is €125 as a result.

One of the attractions of the season ticket is that you can get it if you are presently living outside the county and so are not well placed to get tickets from clubs in a county in the ordinary way. This addition of club championship games is no help to such people.
Yes. And I do fall into that category  :-\

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 10, 2009, 12:13:20 AM
Just received the same, good to see the season ticket numbers have been increased on a county by county basis.

Where do u see this???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 10, 2009, 02:53:29 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 10, 2009, 12:13:20 AM
Just received the same, good to see the season ticket numbers have been increased on a county by county basis.

Where do u see this???

Here, in the email:

New for 2010:

- The Juvenile GAA Season Ticket: just EUR 10 base price

- Entry to the Allianz GAA Final in your selected code included in the base price

- Introducing the 'Opt Out' for that Championship fixture you cannot attend

Numbers remain limited but the scheme has been expanded on a county by county basis. The extra numbers of Season Tickets available plus the introduction of the Juvenile version mean that 'guest' offers are not guaranteed for 2010 Championship fixtures. There's a simple solution to that however - tell your regular guests that they can now buy a GAA Season Ticket for themselves.

Croí na hÉireann

Thought u had the figures. It'll be a pity if you can't buy an extra ticket/sit with your mate for the latter rounds of the championship...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fear ón Srath Bán

No Croí, don't know which counties will be increasing the numbers, but that would all depend on the demand from last year, and the extra requests from interested parties this year I'd say.

Yeah, that would be a pity if the guest isn't guaranteed a Championship seat, but they might just be covering their backs there in the event that over-subscription is an issue, and that might be down to each County Board.

Cúig huaire

Once again the Down CB are taking the p*ss.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

WeeDonns

I thought it was limited to only existing season ticket holders today, but you can just go on and buy them now even if you didnt have a ticket last year

Maguire01

Quote from: WeeDonns on November 10, 2009, 06:41:57 PM
I thought it was limited to only existing season ticket holders today, but you can just go on and buy them now even if you didnt have a ticket last year
Existing holders have first refusal until the end of November.

As for the Down 'offer', that's just a joke. Unless they sort that out, I can't see them shifting too many unless they make this an 'option'.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 10, 2009, 06:44:47 PM
As for the Down 'offer', that's just a joke. Unless they sort that out, I can't see them shifting too many unless they make this an 'option'.

I have asked the ticket office to look into this. Its a joke to be asked to pay another €50, especially in light of this reply.

A chara,

Thanks for your email.

Can you leave this query with us for a day please? I will consult the Down County Board.

The extra EUR50 goes direct to your county board to fund activities within the county.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

WeeDonns

QuoteExisting holders have first refusal until the end of November.

What i'm saying is that doesn't appear to be the case. "Existing holders have first refusal until the end of November" surely implies that until the end of November only existing members can purchase tickets, then after this any remaining tickets will go on sale. No?
I got 2 Tyrone tickets yesterday and I'm not an existing member,