season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2009, 04:25:30 PM
Made use of it at first Ulster game against Tyrone, however it wasn't eligible to be used at any of the other games involving Armagh minors...

...apart from the next match against Monaghan.

Maguire01

Quote from: Doohicky on August 05, 2009, 02:38:45 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 05, 2009, 02:34:28 PM
Not the first two counties it has happened to. Kildare Cork football quarter-final was a curtain raiser to the Kilkenny Cork hurling semi-final last year. I think Kerry Monaghan in '07 was played before the Limerick Waterford hurling semi-final as well.

But last year there were not people FORCED to pay extra money for the tickets.

The point being made is that the season ticket holders have to pay for this ticket. They have no choice.

Others, and all the supporters last year could choose not to pay the extra and not go. The Season ticket holders do not have that choice, they are charged irrespective.

Personally, I would be willing to pay the extra due to the extra game I am getting, but this is not the same for everyone.
Not true. Season ticket holders can 'opt out' at any stage during the year.

western exile

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 10, 2009, 07:17:19 PM
Not the first two counties it has happened to. Kildare Cork football quarter-final was a curtain raiser to the Kilkenny Cork hurling semi-final last year. I think Kerry Monaghan in '07 was played before the Limerick Waterford hurling semi-final as well.

The point being made is that the season ticket holders have to pay for this ticket. They have no choice.

Others, and all the supporters last year could choose not to pay the extra and not go. The Season ticket holders do not have that choice, they are charged irrespective.

Personally, I would be willing to pay the extra due to the extra game I am getting, but this is not the same for everyone.
But then, you would  no longer be a season ticket holder.  But while you remain as season ticket holder, the points that were  made here still apply

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2009, 04:25:30 PM
Made use of it at first Ulster game against Tyrone, however it wasn't eligible to be used at any of the other games involving Armagh minors, as the Seniors weren't playing.

Its a grey area I know but with a concerted effort we may just wangle this as I doubt Armagh even sold their entire 250 season ticket allocation. What I desperately need is for more Armagh season ticket holders to raise this issue with the season ticket office.

PS Do you reckon Tyrone fans will actively support Aramgh minors on August 23rd?

Will the Armagh fans in attendance be supporting Tyrone?

What's all the crying about the minor tickets for. When the season ticket was bought, it entitled you to admission to all your county's NFL games, not minor league games. If this was included, then by all means give off about not getting the option to buy a ticket. How many would have followed Armagh minors in the league the same way they followed the seniors?

BroJolly

I'm sure majority of Armagh fans will support Tyrone. I'd expect the same the other way. Would be a bit sad to see Tyrone cheering Kerry

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: BroJolly on August 10, 2009, 09:20:59 PM
I'm sure majority of Armagh fans will support Tyrone. I'd expect the same the other way. Would be a bit sad to see Tyrone cheering Kerry

Well i'll be giving Armagh a shout anyway :P. Bit of a farce though, Kerry minors & seniors having to play on two different Sundays, regardless
of who beat who in the quarters!
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Farrandeelin

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the GAA discontinued the season tickets next year. Afterall they were going hell for leather to promote the GAA125 this year and I wouldn't be surprised if it was scrapped next year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maco

Have any other season ticket holders not been charged for their quarter final tickets yet? I bought 2 additional tickets and have been charged for them, but no money has been taken from my account for my season tickets (yet).

Cúig huaire

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2009, 09:44:10 PM
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the GAA discontinued the season tickets next year. Afterall they were going hell for leather to promote the GAA125 this year and I wouldn't be surprised if it was scrapped next year.

Season tickets will definitely be available in 2010. Emails will be sent out in October to see if ticket holders want to renew their season ticket.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

T Fearon

Still think its worthwhile for Armagh season ticket holders to email the season ticket office and see about this. Its not a complaint merely a request. I have had no response yet (and I emailed over a week ago)which means that it must be at least being considered. In otherwaords it wasn't rejected immediately.

tyronebhoy

Yeah I'll support Armagh on the 23rd.  Always like to see Ulster sides doing well especially at underage level.

Does anyone know if the GAA have any plans to increase the number of season tickets available from 2010?

Maguire01

Quote from: western exile on August 10, 2009, 08:45:14 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 10, 2009, 07:17:19 PM

But then, you would  no longer be a season ticket holder.  But while you remain as season ticket holder, the points that were  made here still apply
Well obviously. But this idea that people are being "FORCED" to pay out money is crap. If you're complaining about the price of a ticket to a quarter-final, then you're probably best not being a season ticket holder. No one is forced to buy a season ticket in the first place.

Muzz

Quote from: maco on August 11, 2009, 12:45:41 AM
Have any other season ticket holders not been charged for their quarter final tickets yet? I bought 2 additional tickets and have been charged for them, but no money has been taken from my account for my season tickets (yet).

Same here...paid for one additional ticket but not charged for the two season tickets!

Farrandeelin

What if all people do want to renew their season tickets?? And there's one or two more like me who didn't bother with them this year because they knew they'd miss a few league games?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

apart from mayo dublin tyrone ithink (football)and  tipp (Hurling) only a handfull of counties sold out and with all the 'never aginners' i met coming out of CP last sunday there should a few mayo ones ups for grabs. :(
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere