season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2009, 07:46:22 PM
What if all people do want to renew their season tickets?? And there's one or two more like me who didn't bother with them this year because they knew they'd miss a few league games?
Tough luck, i'd imagine. It's a loyalty scheme, so the GAA are obviously going to sort out those who have already bought in.
Maybe they'll do a waiting list. It's only going to effect a handful of counties anyway.

Donnellys Hollow

They'll probably expand it a bit next year. I'd say they just limited the number to 250 per county (I think?) this year in case there were any teething problems. They should have ironed out any difficulties by next year and I'd say they'll raise the number available. Anyone who wants one will probably get sorted in most counties.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Maguire01

I'd imagine they'd stick with 250 per county myself. There are only a handful of counties where the demand is higher.

Donnellys Hollow

The demand will be greater next year though. Many people who didn't avail of the offer this year will probably be looking to get one next year, like Farrandeelin.

They should be able to expand it by another 100 or so tickets per county without many problems. With the exception of the Dubs, that would probably be enough to satisfy the demand in all counties.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sam03/05

got an e-mail from Croke Park. the numbers will stay at 250 next year with season ticket holders getting first choice to
buy them again.

Only about three counties actually sold out their 250

armaghniac

from page 3 of this thread, the situation near the end of January
Tyrone and Kerry people have got good enough value.
maybe Armagh could make the 250 next year with some more interest, but the county is hardly on a roll right now. There may be more interest in Meath after a good championship.  Beyond that it is hardly worth having the scheme.

Football                                                              Hurling
Team---------Tickets sold                                                 Team---------Tickets Sold

Dublin         Sold Out (250)       Derry           32             Tipperary      Sold Out (250)
Tyrone        Sold Out (250)       Wexford      25             Limerick        155
Mayo          Sold Out (250)        Cork           17             Kilkenny        117
Kerry          238                       Louth          15             Waterford     111
Armagh       184                       Offaly          14             Galway         105
Meath         140                       Longford      13            Clare            68
Monaghan   110                        Limerick       12            Cork             48
Galway        88                         Wicklow        9             Wexford       13
Westmeath 66                         Carlow           7             Dublin          12
Roscommon 59                         Leitrim          6              Offaly          10
Donegal      56                         Sligo             5              Antrim         3
Kildare        53                         Antrim          3              Laois            0
Fermanagh  45                         Clare            1
Down         40                         Tipperary      1
Laois           39                         London        0
Cavan          36                         Kilkenny       0
                                              Waterford     0
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

western exile

that is shocking little interest from a big county like Cork  :-\

Archie Mitchell

Any word on when Tyrone or Cork season ticket holders can purchase extra tickets? When you log in, the option is there but have received no email yet. Option was there earlier in the week but was then removed for a while.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: rosnarun on August 11, 2009, 10:44:38 PM
apart from mayo dublin tyrone ithink (football)and  tipp (Hurling) only a handfull of counties sold out and with all the 'never aginners' i met coming out of CP last sunday there should a few mayo ones ups for grabs. :(

Sure a lot of people say 'never again' every year and the next thing they're back at them again!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 12, 2009, 05:54:31 PM
Any word on when Tyrone or Cork season ticket holders can purchase extra tickets? When you log in, the option is there but have received no email yet. Option was there earlier in the week but was then removed for a while.

Extra tickets can be purchased now.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armaghniac

Perhaps we Armagh folk could point out that if Tyrone were in the final that they would have to cater for 250 season ticket holders, while Cork have 17 in the list below. The difference would be more than sufficient to allow Armagh get to the minor game, although if Mayo come through they too would have a large number of season ticket holders potentially interested in the U-18 contest.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cúig huaire

If, as expected, it is a Cork v Kerry All Ireland Final, there will be no problem getting tickets. I was at their last meeting in an AIF and there were lots of tickets available. Though I do think something should be done for season ticket holders whos county is in the minor AIF.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Maguire01

One of the 'perks' of the season ticket was that if you attended 100% of your county's matches, you were entered into a draw for a chance to buy AI final tickets if your county wasn't involved. (You had an automatic right to buy if your county was involved and you attended 60% of your games).

Has anyone who attended 100% of their county's games heard anything about this?

western exile

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 10, 2009, 07:14:18 PM
One of the 'perks' of the season ticket was that if you attended 100% of your county's matches, you were entered into a draw for a chance to buy AI final tickets if your county wasn't involved. (You had an automatic right to buy if your county was involved and you attended 60% of your games).

I did, but didn't  ;D
I have heard nothing about it, having attended all games. Perhaps only the lucky winner will hear anything about it  ???

Farrandeelin

Quote from: western exile on September 10, 2009, 07:36:12 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 10, 2009, 07:14:18 PM

I did, but didn't  ;D
I have heard nothing about it, having attended all games. Perhaps only the lucky winner will hear anything about it  ???

Yeah, that's the case, I wasn't sure about it being the ones with the 100% record who was in the draw though for Sunday week.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.