season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maco

My seat was in section EO, row C. I have to say it was the worst view of a match I have ever had in Clones. A yellow gate completely blocked my view of 1 of the goals (I thought it was Justin McMahon who scored the 2nd goal - didn't know it was Gormley until I got home). Water carriers, managers, subs, linesmen and every other Tom, Dick and Harry on the sideline blocked out various parts of the game for me. I am seriously considering sending an e-mail to complain about seating arrangements for season ticket holders.

Maguire01

Quote from: maco on May 31, 2009, 10:28:02 PM
My seat was in section EO, row C. I have to say it was the worst view of a match I have ever had in Clones. A yellow gate completely blocked my view of 1 of the goals (I thought it was Justin McMahon who scored the 2nd goal - didn't know it was Gormley until I got home). Water carriers, managers, subs, linesmen and every other Tom, Dick and Harry on the sideline blocked out various parts of the game for me. I am seriously considering sending an e-mail to complain about seating arrangements for season ticket holders.
"Considering it" will get you nowhere. Just do it.

Shortso79

Wasn't impressed with my seats (Section KO) in the Gerry Arthur stand yesterday.

2nd row from the front - right beside the Armagh management teams bench.

If the Management team stood out onto grass (which they did on numerous times) it obsecured my view to the right.

Okay the seats were very central - but were too low down - I was better standing on the hill

Interested to hear other people's thoughts

T Fearon

Ditto, was seated in row 3, section KO. Not impressed at all and regular attendees deserve much  better than this. Wouldn't mind if the better seats were allocated to real fans but I don't think this is the case.

Can anyone explain the wiring at the Gerry Arthurs stand?  It would hardly provide much of an impediment to anyone thinking of invading the pitch, and this, along with  the study yellow gates,are the main obstructions to views.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2009, 05:07:44 PM
Can anyone explain the wiring at the Gerry Arthurs stand?  It would hardly provide much of an impediment to anyone thinking of invading the pitch, and this, along with  the study yellow gates,are the main obstructions to views.
Have to agree - time they were removed. If they don't need fences in Croke Park, they don't need them in Clones.

tc_manchester

I was in row D in EO - it looks like all the season ticket holders where put into the lowest rows - if you're going to be uncovered then you'd be better off in the McGrane stand with a better view. I've a feeling that they dumped all the season ticket holders into these seats so that the Gerry Arthurs stand would look full for the tv cameras

rrhf

Had a poor quality seat also.  Worst seat I ve ever had in Clones. 

Maguire01

Quote from: tc_manchester on June 02, 2009, 11:12:34 AM
I've a feeling that they dumped all the season ticket holders into these seats so that the Gerry Arthurs stand would look full for the tv cameras
The GA stand is always full for all-ticket games.

Doohicky

Quote from: maco on May 31, 2009, 10:28:02 PM

You were just below me, I was in EO row E (Ended up more in DO though as people were in my seat (EO1) when I arrived so I just sat beside them.

T Fearon

Am I the only one of the opinion/ suspicion that due to the fact that season ticket holders essentially got "free" tickets on Sunday, they were given all the shit seats? If so this is outrageous.

Doohicky

From what I heard, the Derry/Monaghan season ticket holders were treated the same way.

The Dublin Tyrone league game gave us fantastic seats and the seats for the league games that I could make were also great.

Annoying that all of a sudden we have been been relegated to what seems like second class ticket holders.

I thought they would have wanted to give Season Ticket holders the best seats possible to encourage more people to partake in it next year.

T Fearon

It looks like we only got good seats for league games due to these being non ticket and you could therefore have your pick of seats the earlier you arrived.

A huge part of the motivation to purchase a season ticket, for me anyway, was the guarantee of championship tickets and I assumed these would be of reasonable quality. As I said, I wouldn't mind too much if real fans got the best seats but as usual it seems a case of who you know determines these things

T Fearon

Have just fired this off to the season ticket office. Will post any response I get

Hi

I am emailing to register my acute disappointment with the quality of seats
allocated to myself, and indeed Season Ticket holders  in general (I'm aware of
several who share my disappointment), in Clones last Sunday. These were for
seats in the front rows, with the views obliterated by numerous animate 
objects (team coaches, trainers, managers, medical staff, photographers, media
people, stewards etc) as well as inanimate objects such as thick grid gates and
fencing.

A huge part of the motivation to purchase a season ticket was access to
Championship tickets and I think I speak for all season ticket holders that we
expected these to be good quality seats.

I was delighted with the way the new scheme in its infancy, worked during the
national league and would ask you to consider that season ticket holders are
invariably genuine and loyal fans who follow their respective counties through
thick and thin, and are deserving therefore of quality tickets on the big
championship days of summer.

In its first year the season ticket scheme has proved to have huge potential.
I had no complaints at all about the scheme prior to last Sunday, and It would
be a pity if this potential was to be marred by the allocation of poor quality
tickets to season ticket holders  for the big games in summertime.

I would ask you to consider closely my grievance and take into consideration
the points made for future ticket allocations for Championshp games.

Tony Fearon

Rossfan

The seats in Carrick for ST holders were excellent ...right on half way and also right beside where Martin Reynolds was presented with the Junior Trophy when WE BET MAYO.  ;D
Mind you trying to find out where the ST stile was located was an adventure in itself ..."Dont know" "ask yer man over there" " just show it at any stile" "Yer not gettin in here with tha...€20 or no entry" !!!! etc etc
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Goldengreen

Very Bad way to treat ST holders, when in fact we were the first ones to buy tickets for the games way back in December. Would really put me off buying ST next year, good old GAA have great idea and then totally mess it up