business closures/job struggles formerly 'its the waiting that is hell'

Started by longball, March 04, 2009, 02:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

one for the road

got a phone call yesterday evening about a job interview in the morning so have to hunt out the lucky socks this evening.

LB if you have lasted tll now then there might be a bit of hope for you.

Great episode of scrubs on now

longball

Quote from: one for the road on March 05, 2009, 10:49:01 AM
got a phone call yesterday evening about a job interview in the morning so have to hunt out the lucky socks this evening.

LB if you have lasted tll now then there might be a bit of hope for you.

Great episode of scrubs on now

Yea i like Ryan Reynolds as an actor anyway.. did u ever c two guys, a gril and a pizze place very funny....

All the best in the job interview hi

If i started to get interviews id be happy as i said above its the waiting that is hell
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

its me again

longball did you not say on another thread that you lived on a farm??

i no anytime work is slack with me or i have time i be straight out to the farm

they say the best thing to do when out of work is to keep as active and focused as possible and not to fall into the trap of daytime tv etc.....

just a thought

longball

Quote from: its me again on March 05, 2009, 12:01:09 PM
longball did you not say on another thread that you lived on a farm??

i no anytime work is slack with me or i have time i be straight out to the farm

they say the best thing to do when out of work is to keep as active and focused as possible and not to fall into the trap of daytime tv etc.....

just a thought

Its my dads farm just lock of cows but besides morning feeding theres not much else to do. been doing bit of weights and running as well as footie training a couple of nights a week. Foundations of my house are being dug out this week so i'll be labouring next week if i have no job interviews. One for the Road- Whats the job interview for?

The Iceman

Quote from: longball on March 05, 2009, 12:10:23 PM

Its my dads farm just lock of cows but besides morning feeding theres not much else to do. been doing bit of weights and running as well as footie training a couple of nights a week. Foundations of my house are being dug out this week so i'll be labouring next week if i have no job interviews. One for the Road- Whats the job interview for?

Theres always something to do about a farm - if you could be bothered doing it......
Keep busy man
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

longball

Damn post brought no news today either. I no its not his fault but in a strange way im starting to hate our postman.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: full back on March 05, 2009, 10:21:52 AM
Quote from: longball on March 05, 2009, 09:56:38 AM
Full Back anymore news on ur situation?

Not yet, bit like a wake in here at the minute
Loads of people sitting around whispering to each other
Women bitching like fcuk about who should/shouldnt go
The top table in & out of meetings. Everytime they walk through the door you can see people trying to read their facial expression to see if anything has happened yet
And full back sitting here wondering who the fcuk told the IN that John Mac was coming back & if its right or not:D
Good to see you have your priorities straight  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

bingobus

Longball,

Tough times but hope its doesn't last.

Have you thought of setting up as bookkeeper? I work in practice and the lack of book-keepers with any kind of knowledge is shocking. Many small business can do with them on a part-time basis and alot of accountancy firms have turned their noses up this work (in the past anyway) as it was messy work and to be done right you need to be at the persons place of business on regular time.

Can easily be set up for your basic VAT, Payroll etc. Word of mouth and local advertising is golden in this area. You'd be surprised who needs one.

erne bhoy

It's all about supply and demand gentlemen, and my keen Market instincts sense a large gap in the male prostitution field. Longball, get yourself some highheel shoes, I suggest you take up street walking.
On the plus side it's a chanceto get out of the house for some excersise in more ways than one and also a great opportunity to meet new people...

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: erne bhoy on March 05, 2009, 06:04:35 PM
It's all about supply and demand gentlemen, and my keen Market instincts sense a large gap in the male prostitution field. Longball, get yourself some highheel shoes, I suggest you take up street walking.
On the plus side it's a chanceto get out of the house for some excersise in more ways than one and also a great opportunity to meet new people...

Maybe I am wrong, but using this thread for immature jokes pisses me off.  LongBall and alot of other posters are under severe pressure at the moment.  With things seeming ever more desperate they turn to the board for some help.  I'm sure they don't want to read that dung.

Or maybe I'm out of order?
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

pintsofguinness

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 04, 2009, 07:13:57 PM
Quote from: Donagh on March 04, 2009, 03:31:11 PM
On the flip side I've been pulling 70 and 80 hours weeks without overtime for the past two months because we've a moratorium on new staff and had 5 leave since November without being replaced. Fecking wrecked, but suppose it's better than being on the dole...

That's the way I'm going too, as you say though, rather that than sitting in the house  :(

Looks like I don't have this problem anymore, lost work today, back to counting every day in a job as a bonus
Xbox on hold
f**king nightmare
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

longball

DYJ Linesman yes i'm under serious pressure at the moment and it would be easy to fall into a state of depression and i'm sure everyone on here who is in a similar situation as myself are feeling the same. People come onto this thread and make a joke or two to be honest I don't mind that, its a discussion board for people to air there views I wouldnt get upset erne boy has imagined me in high heels etc and had to use his happy tissues after that post.

Its a tough situation to be in and to be honest when we were first layed off I never thought it would be this hard to get a job, but it just shows you. Jobs that i'd be over qualified for are out of my grasp at the moment. Just not hearing back from anywhere which is the hardest I think. I mean if I at least heard back from places that i'd applied saying naw ur not shortlisted or something but to go this long without even hearing is a nightmare. Even when ya ring them they cant give u an answer on when the position will be filled or if it already has been filled. (just venting a bit here people)

So personally I don't mind the jokes or whatever put that is just my opinion there could be others out there who could seriously be pushed into depression and thats very hard to get out of. Sucide rates are up 15% since start of Jan.

longball

All I need is the six numbers this sat then its  8)

tyroneboi

Quote from: longball on March 04, 2009, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 04, 2009, 08:40:30 PM
Longball you could always join the british army.

just sayin  ???

(waits for the barrage of abuse to start)  :D

Was looking at the PSNI website earlier there to see if there was any administrative roles going.

There was an ad in the Irish News today looking for Police Officers if you would be interested in that (www.joinpsni.co.uk)

Am in the same boat myself for the past 4 weeks or so. Not a lot out there unfortunately. Been to numerous job agencies but as soon as you sign up with them you never hear back. Found it best to apply straight to employers instead which is a better strategy in my opinion. I use the job centre website, nijobs.com and loadzajobs.co.uk mainly. Its a frustrating process and its just a matter of keeping patient and trying to keep busy.

longball

Quote from: tyroneboi on March 05, 2009, 07:08:56 PM
Quote from: longball on March 04, 2009, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 04, 2009, 08:40:30 PM
Longball you could always join the british army.

just sayin  ???

(waits for the barrage of abuse to start)  :D

Was looking at the PSNI website earlier there to see if there was any administrative roles going.

There was an ad in the Irish News today looking for Police Officers if you would be interested in that (www.joinpsni.co.uk)

Am in the same boat myself for the past 4 weeks or so. Not a lot out there unfortunately. Been to numerous job agencies but as soon as you sign up with them you never hear back. Found it best to apply straight to employers instead which is a better strategy in my opinion. I use the job centre website, nijobs.com and loadzajobs.co.uk mainly. Its a frustrating process and its just a matter of keeping patient and trying to keep busy.

I have found the exact same tyroneboi once u sign up they never get back to u. Ive been applying straight to the employer since. Have applied to 30 places now and still only heard back from 2 both of which I wasnt shortlisted for! Despite being over qualified.