Pillar Rebranded

Started by Barney, February 26, 2009, 08:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

i was laughin when i read that myself in the metro on the way into work this mornin.

Robbie Keane did that too in the pres conference b4 the Georgia game--it makes you sound like a self important tool
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

StGallsGAA

QuoteCouldn't understand how he got off after barging into Morrison the way he did.

He didn't 'get off'. He was suspended as a result.

Ignorance must be bliss.

Never heard a word of it.  Mind you it probably was buried somewhere in the death notices of the Evening Herald if reported on at all.

Gaffer

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 26, 2009, 11:39:37 PM
Couldn't understand how he got off after barging into Morrison the way he did.

He didn't 'get off'. He was suspended as a result.

Ignorance must be bliss.

Never heard a word of it.  Mind you it probably was buried somewhere in the death notices of the Evening Herald if reported on at all.

[/quote]

Thanks for that, StGalls, cos I never heard a word of it either. Maybe Heffo could furnish us with the details.!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

heffo

I'll get onto the sub-editors of all the broadsheets and get them to include you both in their text headline circulation list.

He was suspended for the first round championship game in 2007 v Meath as a result.

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Gaffer on February 27, 2009, 08:57:14 AM
[Thanks for that, StGalls, cos I never heard a word of it either. Maybe Heffo could furnish us with the details.!!

You were caught spoofing Gaffer, now would be a good time to stop digging

RedandGreenSniper

Caffrey wasn't my cup of tea, I reckon he was extremely flawed as a manager but no need for personal insults of the man. Says more about the poster than Caffrey really
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Gaffer

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 09:23:13 AM
I'll get onto the sub-editors of all the broadsheets and get them to include you both in their text headline circulation list.

He was suspended for the first round championship game in 2007 v Meath as a result.

Good man !!!

Gaffer

Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on February 27, 2009, 09:32:14 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 27, 2009, 08:57:14 AM
[Thanks for that, StGalls, cos I never heard a word of it either. Maybe Heffo could furnish us with the details.!!

You were caught spoofing Gaffer, now would be a good time to stop digging

Sure  was, Michael, and I will stop digging !!!!! ;)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: INDIANA on February 26, 2009, 11:39:49 AM
His name is Paul Caffrey and he referred to himself as Paul. Mystery solved. Jesus some of you guys must have brought up watching videos of the 70's Dublin knocking the shite out of your county team when you were bold at school. Dublin on the brain isn't the word for it.
With respect, Indiana, he did not!
He referred to himself as Paul Caffrey and did so three times in the space of four sentences. IMO, that has to be a case of going OTT in any language.
Well, at least he didn't resort to using the royal "we!"
People who do this, I'm told are lacking in self-confidence or feel a bit put down. Anyone can do it , usually just a case of being facetious, but three times in four sentences indicates that Pillar was feeling outa sorts.
I'm not being critical from a football point of view; I guess he did his best both as a player and as a manager but this affected way of expresssing oneself does bug me.
It's nearly as annoying as a columnist who refers to himself as "the present writer" or someone who goes "bye, bye, bye" when hanging up the phone as if you're been done a favour by getting a few seconds of their precious time..

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 27, 2009, 07:18:12 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 26, 2009, 11:39:49 AM
His name is Paul Caffrey and he referred to himself as Paul. Mystery solved. Jesus some of you guys must have brought up watching videos of the 70's Dublin knocking the shite out of your county team when you were bold at school. Dublin on the brain isn't the word for it.
With respect, Indiana, he did not!
He referred to himself as Paul Caffrey and did so three times in the space of four sentences. IMO, that has to be a case of going OTT in any language.
Well, at least he didn't resort to using the royal "we!"
People who do this, I'm told are lacking in self-confidence or feel a bit put down. Anyone can do it , usually just a case of being facetious, but three times in four sentences indicates that Pillar was feeling outa sorts.
I'm not being critical from a football point of view; I guess he did his best both as a player and as a manager but this affected way of expresssing oneself does bug me.
It's nearly as annoying as a columnist who refers to himself as "the present writer" or someone who goes "bye, bye, bye" when hanging up the phone as if you're been done a favour by getting a few seconds of their precious time..

Spot on Lar. Why could he not have referred to himself as ' I' as people usually do.?  Anyway Moysider has more important things to be doing right now than this. I just got a text from a friend and Moysider's presence is urgently required in a pinting capacity. Moysider is looking forward to a few fast ones.