Pillar Rebranded

Started by Barney, February 26, 2009, 08:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

We all know Pillar is actually Paul but he is over-stressing the point a bit too much

QuoteFORMER Dublin football boss Paul Caffrey has ruled out a return to inter-county management with another outfit.

Caffrey (right), who ended his seven-year stint with Dublin after last year's All Ireland quarter-final defeat to Tyrone, plans to dedicate his next few years to his club, Na Fianna.

"Those of you that know Paul Caffrey know the answer to that one," was his reply when asked if he would consider managing another county side.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't (missing management)," he said at yesterday's launch of U-21 football championship.

"Once you are involved in the GAA you are always involved. I thoroughly enjoyed my seven years with Dublin but I had my mind made up that if we didn't make an All-Ireland final last year it was time for Paul Caffrey to step aside and give someone else a chance."

"You wonder how you put so much time into it when you step back from it. I'm a garda and I'm only too glad to put my shoulder to the wheel down in Store Street and I have three young kids playing lots of matches so there are lots for Paul Caffrey to be involved in."

under the bar

QuoteI'm a garda and I'm only too glad to put my shoulder to the wheel down in Store Street

Makes a nice change from sponging your way into Croke Park for free and getting paid for it.

Canalman

Putting the boot in when the man is down.  You guys are class acts.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Always thought he was a decent man, who gave a lot to the GAA over the course of his life.

He put his shoulder to Big John Morrison's wheel didn't he ?  ;)

Definitely not a t----r.

under the bar

QuotePutting the boot in when the man is down.  You guys are class acts.

It's fine when the man in question is from Tyrone tho??

p.s. I was taking the p*ss.

corn02

Quote from: orangeman on February 26, 2009, 09:08:06 AM

He put his shoulder to Big John Morrison's wheel didn't he ?  ;)

That worked out well.

INDIANA

Quote from: under the bar on February 26, 2009, 08:49:20 AM
QuoteI'm a garda and I'm only too glad to put my shoulder to the wheel down in Store Street

Makes a nice change from sponging your way into Croke Park for free and getting paid for it.

Class act mate, no culchies do that of course.

armaghniac

This entire thread is an example of the less positive side of GAAboard. The original article used the man's proper name, which is hardly a reason to talk about it. The only point of any note was that Caffrey didn't want to manage another county. Then the thread carries on with people abusing someone who has given a lot to the GAA.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RMDrive

Was the point of the OP not the fact that he referred to himself in the third party all the time. At least thats what RMDrive noticed when RMDrive read it.

INDIANA

His name is Paul Caffrey and he referred to himself as Paul. Mystery solved. Jesus some of you guys must have brought up watching videos of the 70's Dublin knocking the shite out of your county team when you were bold at school. Dublin on the brain isn't the word for it.

armaghniac

QuoteWas the point of the OP not the fact that he referred to himself in the third party all the time

This is from Hoganstand. I wouldn't guarantee that the "quotes" are actually what Caffrey said.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

corn02

Quote from: RMDrive on February 26, 2009, 11:36:14 AM
Was the point of the OP not the fact that he referred to himself in the third party all the time. At least thats what RMDrive noticed when RMDrive read it.

That's what I thought.