Ard Mhacha v Muineacháin - Athletic Grounds - 08/03/09

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 17, 2009, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: BerfArmagh on March 09, 2009, 10:59:49 AM

BTW, from the horse mouth (My father in law is on Tyrone county board) Armagh V Tyrone will be played in Healy Park Omagh. Was voted on the other night. Personally I think this is scandelous, 19k capacity, reduces the ability for families & supporters to attend, typical narrow minded ness form Tyrone, that said Harte did ask for Croker. I think Armagh have more of a chance against the in Healy park... as tyrone have a lot of pace, which suits croker to the ground ::)

Berf it was indeed voted on, but the issue now goes to Ulster Council.

Onion Bag

Quote from: corn02 on March 09, 2009, 11:00:24 AM
Quote from: Onion Bag on March 09, 2009, 10:56:21 AM
I wish i had the confidence in him you guys have, i can still see Mc Guigan skipping past mc Geeney in croker that day, and im afraid to say AOR would find himself in the same position

Very possible.

Your team isn't a bad effort Onion Bag.

I dint think you would have approved Corn, It doesnt include any Dromintee Lads  :o :o
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

The GAA

They need to get o'rourke to centre back again asap. The defence is a shambles and that's some change from last year. can't say i have always been o'rourke's biggest fan but it's very rare that hes out of position or misses a tackle, but those are increasingly rare camoditys in armagh half backs. and the major reason why this needs done - the quality of ball into the full forward line is and has been terrible

corn02

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 09, 2009, 11:03:05 AM
I wish i had the confidence in him you guys have, i can still see Mc Guigan skipping past mc Geeney in croker that day, and im afraid to say AOR would find himself in the same position

Very possible.

I dint think you would have approved Corn, It doesnt include any Dromintee Lads  :o :o

Didn't say I approved, just said not a bad effort.  ;)

GrandMasterFlash

emainmacha

Glad you liked them Grand, as an Armagh man just sorry can't reverse the scores in last picture  :P

GrandMasterFlash

Goats Do Shave

Pat McEneaney was standing at the match in front of us. He was great craic. Nice to see him shouting, f ing & blinding, complaining at referee decisions etc. just like the rest of us!

Main Street

mountainboii

Very possible.

McGuigan has done nothing since he came back from injury to suggest that he's still capable of putting in that type of performance. Its a pity for the guy, but I think he's finished as a top player - only able for fits and starts these days. McCullough will be Tyrone's CHF this summer.

mountainboii

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 09, 2009, 08:41:01 AM

QuoteWoods will suit Martin I think
Roasted!

Indeed he was. I've been negative about him in the past so I tried to display a bit of optimism before this game. Woods was too clever and too fast over the first 5 yards for him. This game illustrated why I previously had doubts about Martin, he is very strong and good under the high ball but he has zero pace and very poor positional sense (unlike Francie, who shares his lack of pace).

Onion Bag

Quote from: AFS on March 09, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Very possible.

McGuigan has done nothing since he came back from injury to suggest that he's still capable of putting in that type of performance. Its a pity for the guy, but I think he's finished as a top player - only able for fits and starts these days. McCullough will be Tyrone's CHF this summer.

Have to disagree, Mc Guigan is now back playing club football, come May time he will be back to full fitness, so he is the obvious choice at CHF, if not him it will be Tommy Mc G. Mc Cullagh in my eyes is not a CHF and is more suited in the corner, Maybe the Tyrone guys could make comment on it
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

mountainboii

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 09, 2009, 05:15:07 PM
Quote from: AFS on March 09, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Very possible.

Have to disagree, Mc Guigan is now back playing club football, come May time he will be back to full fitness, so he is the obvious choice at CHF, if not him it will be Tommy Mc G. Mc Cullagh in my eyes is not a CHF and is more suited in the corner, Maybe the Tyrone guys could make comment on it

He was back playing club football this time last year too, but went on to not make much of an impact in the summer. McCullough is a very capable CHF, Tyrone won an AI last year with him in that position for the most part of the summer. Wouldn't be asking any Tyronies, they continue to display a distinct inability to say anything critical about any of their players, ever.

Maguire01

Quote from: AFS on March 09, 2009, 05:10:25 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 09, 2009, 08:41:01 AM

QuoteWoods will suit Martin I think
Roasted!

Indeed he was. I've been negative about him in the past so I tried to display a bit of optimism before this game. Woods was too clever and too fast over the first 5 yards for him. This game illustrated why I previously had doubts about Martin, he is very strong and good under the high ball but he has zero pace and very poor positional sense (unlike Francie, who shares his lack of pace).
Woods is very skillful and strong, but when he's beating your man on speed at this time of the year, you've got a problem!