Babhta 3 Tyrone V Galway Saturday 7th March 2009

Started by rrhf, February 16, 2009, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

cadhlancian

Quote from: mouview on March 07, 2009, 10:46:33 PM
Glad I took the odds at 2/1 !  I was absolutely delighted to see Tyrone defeat Kerry last September but with the greatest respect to them tonight's game reinforced my suspicion that they are quite an ordinary team with average forwards, although SoN would have been a big addition. Galway are far from the finished article but showed commendable determination when brought back level and their work rate was good all through. Should have been out of sight by the end however.
Quite an ordinary team! what a donkey comment, any team that has won 3 all irelands in 6years is clearly not average, tonites comment reinforced MY opinion that you are a quite an average Derry or Armagh supporter! ::)

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 08, 2009, 05:36:21 PM
Glad I took the odds at 2/1 !  I was absolutely delighted to see Tyrone defeat Kerry last September but with the greatest respect to them tonight's game reinforced my suspicion that they are quite an ordinary team with average forwards, although SoN would have been a big addition. Galway are far from the finished article but showed commendable determination when brought back level and their work rate was good all through. Should have been out of sight by the end however.
Quite an ordinary team! what a donkey comment, any team that has won 3 all irelands in 6years is clearly not average, tonites comment reinforced MY opinion that you are a quite an average Derry or Armagh supporter! ::)

Have you anything substantial to comment about regarding this match or are you just going to insult people who have differing opinions to yourself.
Tyrone were certainly ordinary last night, however I wouldn't take much heed to a league result and the likes of McMenamin, Jordan, O'Neill etc. would obviously make a huge difference if they were playing.
Ye have 3 All Irelands to content yourselves with and are currently champions, you'd want to relax a bit.

mountainboii

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 08, 2009, 05:36:21 PM

Try again. Unfortunately lads, you can't put all criticism down to your 'jealous' neighbours  ::)

tyrone86

Quote from: AFS on March 07, 2009, 09:14:22 PM
Shit weather + shit pitch + shit new rules = Shit match

Can't read anything into either team's performance considering those condition.

Nail on head.

Healy Park isn't, and has never been, particularly conducive to fast and nice football in February and March, especially after a week of rain and to put it into context, it's doubtful either side will have to contend with both the elements and playing on a boggy surface like that again this season.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I would agree, not worth getting too concerned about last night's performance, all things considered.

Suffice it to say I felt somewhat better (more positive) after that game last night than I felt after the corresponding fixture of last year in Salthill.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

longball

Brian McGuigan more comebacks than Jimmy Carr.

Couple of points I wanta bring up on last nites game:
Ryan Mellon- Sometimes I wonder what is up with this guy. He has all the talent in the world and the ablility and he has produced some great performances particularly in AI finals but too many games he goes tru without making any impact. Dunno if its a confidence thing or somethin but hes really frustrating.

Sean O'Neill- I like this guy think he deserves a real go over next few friendlys. will use ball very sensibily. Though whenever Jordan wasnt gonna be there that he would have started.

Shaun 'Snowy' O'Neill- Does anyone else think he has earned a go? Been very good for the college he mustnt be standing out at training.

Davy Harte- Real good performance from him good to see as first few league games he was bit off the pace hopefully a sign of things to come from him.

Petey Donnelly- Glad to see him coming on and playing well. Again could be a vital squad member this year.

Colly McCullagh- Vs Kerry and last nite he constantly kicked or gave the ball away not like him will need to improve as competition for CHF role is heating up
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: longball on March 08, 2009, 08:59:14 PM
Brian McGuigan more comebacks than Jimmy Carr.

Couple of points I wanta bring up on last nites game:
Ryan Mellon- Sometimes I wonder what is up with this guy. He has all the talent in the world and the ablility and he has produced some great performances particularly in AI finals but too many games he goes tru without making any impact. Dunno if its a confidence thing or somethin but hes really frustrating.

Sean O'Neill- I like this guy think he deserves a real go over next few friendlys. will use ball very sensibily. Though whenever Jordan wasnt gonna be there that he would have started.

Shaun 'Snowy' O'Neill- Does anyone else think he has earned a go? Been very good for the college he mustnt be standing out at training.

Davy Harte- Real good performance from him good to see as first few league games he was bit off the pace hopefully a sign of things to come from him.

Petey Donnelly- Glad to see him coming on and playing well. Again could be a vital squad member this year.

Colly McCullagh- Vs Kerry and last nite he constantly kicked or gave the ball away not like him will need to improve as competition for CHF role is heating up

I actually thought Harte was very loose again last night. He offers a great option when attacking but when your under pressure he can ignore his defensive duties. I'd say there'll be a few changes again for next week. Wouldnt be suprised if at least 1 S O'Neill starts.

thejuice

Galway might be good value to win the league. Looking pretty strong so far though Kerry are probably still a step ahead of them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

red hander

Quote from: tyrone86 on March 08, 2009, 08:36:29 PM
Quote from: AFS on March 07, 2009, 09:14:22 PM
Shit weather + shit pitch + shit new rules = Shit match

Can't read anything into either team's performance considering those condition.

Nail on head.

Healy Park isn't, and has never been, particularly conducive to fast and nice football in February and March, especially after a week of rain and to put it into context, it's doubtful either side will have to contend with both the elements and playing on a boggy surface like that again this season.

Yeah ... let's bring league games back to O'Neill Park where the atmosphere was always far better ... bastard hailstones really hurt on Saturday night, thought I was going to be blinded.

rrhf

disappointed another league title out of reach. Was concErned with
The hunger of penrose Mellon and mc guigan. Tactics were shocking
But couldn't fault the effort of mc Mahon Harte and mc cullagh even
If they made so many mistakes. Big sean needs a holiday and I was
Glad to see brian mc lined as it was too big a risk last night

orangeman

Quote from: rrhf on March 08, 2009, 10:10:21 PM
disappointed another league title out of reach. Was concErned with
The hunger of penrose Mellon and mc guigan. Tactics were shocking
But couldn't fault the effort of mc Mahon Harte and mc cullagh even
If they made so many mistakes. Big sean needs a holiday and I was
Glad to see brian mc lined as it was too big a risk last night

The replay on RTE tonight shows what a shocking decision it was to send Brian off - compare that to some of the tackles in the Donegal / Dublin game where the referee had a bit of common sense and always allowed for the conditions.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 10:29:18 PM
The replay on RTE tonight shows what a shocking decision it was to send Brian off - compare that to some of the tackles in the Donegal / Dublin game where the referee had a bit of common sense and always allowed for the conditions.

It was an unbelievable decision, not one of Maurice Deegan's better games.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rodman

i really dont see what Mickey sees in Ryan Mellon. Granted he had 2 good AIF's but he rarely impresses and is never appears confident on the ball.  Doesnt look like Mulgrew is going to make it at this level which is disappointing altough I'd stilll give him another chance next week.  Not sure about McCullagh on the 40 either, hopefully he is just keeping that position warm for BMG.

BennyHarp

I feel a bit sorry for Mulgrew to be honest - Saturday night was his big chance to impress and the weather turned the game into a bit of a nightmare and definately not the conditions he would have wanted! I'd stick with him and give him another few chances in the the remaining games - the talent is there, we cant just discard him after a bad performance in a monsoon! I also wish we'd stuck with Big cassidy from the start - he's the only viable option we have long term at midfield (much more so than Holmesy who is no more than a stop gap these days!) and he should be getting every game, so at the end of the league at least we'll know if he can cut it or not!
That was never a square ball!!