Babhta 3 Tyrone V Galway Saturday 7th March 2009

Started by rrhf, February 16, 2009, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

A game that should reveal more about where Galway are at present; can they continue the good form they showed against Dublin? Will the boy Nicky make his mark? Can the likes of Bane and Armstrong finally produce 2 good performances in succession? Mark Lydon starts in midfield and may just get by in this match but is not the long term answer. Tyrone are at home but are weakened and the visitors at 2/1 aren't a bad bet.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: mouview on March 06, 2009, 12:52:54 PM
Mark Lydon starts in midfield and may just get by in this match but is not the long term answer.
Surprised myself that Barry is not starting but I'd imagine Sammon is letting him know that bouts of petulance wont be tolerated now or later in the year.

tyroneboi

Despite making all those changes when you look through the team there is still 10 players that started the All Ireland final last year (11 if you include John Devine who was due to start of course). Just goes to show you that there is 24/25 that are in serious contention for starting positions come Championship time. Wouldn't be surprised to see Swift and McCarron switch places before throw in. From what I have seen of him, McCarron is more suited to the full back line.

Hard to know how Tyrone will fair out in this game. Galway seem to be going well and they Meehan/Joyce partnership will definitely need close attention. A draw mightn't be a bad bet!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 06, 2009, 11:46:57 AM
I was at the Dublin match and only saw bits of the Kerry match on the telly.

Devine - Kick outs will be under scrutiny again
PJ Quinn - Glad to see him back as think we need another good fast man marker
J McMahon - Thought he got a roasting against Sherlock and also against Walsh until he was moved outfield (Is he happy at FB?)
M Swift - Havent saw enough of him but looks better half back than a man marker in the corner
D Harte - I'm finally convinced now
C Gormley - Convinced ages ago but think he'll have a tough night on Sat
C McCarron - Have never saw him but looking forward from all the reports
E McGinley - More of the same please Enda including another goal
C Holmes - Usually the spoiler MF & was surprised he got in, in front of Hub & Cassidy
T McGuigan - Would like to see him get a few more scores but have high expectations for Tommy this year
C McCullagh - More of the same for Colm though heavy pitches dont suit him.
R Mellon - Another chance for Ryan to shine but he often fades from games.
M Penrose - In & out of the team a lot also but I must say I am a fan
S Cavanagh - Like last year has been quiet in the league & I wonder is he saving himself a bit.
R Mulgrew - Glad to see him back and hope he puts in a good shift as would like to see him playing come the Summer

Its early days but if we play like we did v the Dubs or 2nd half v Kerry we should win
Then again Galway look to be on a mission too so I can see this being a tough game that could hinge on how well Meehan & Cavanagh play.

Many of the same sentiments as that Fuzz, I can see a very, very fluid gameplan from MH here, i.e., big Seán moving back, Justy moving out with Gormley moving back. Should be an intriguing affair.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

amongthebushes

Can tickets for the stand be bought at Healy Park tonight??? It would be a dirty night for the terraces!

Tyrone Dreamer

I would be shocked if they're not. I'd imagine there has only been a very limited demand among clubs. People cant be bothered with the hassle of running about after tickets for league games especially when they know the ground will only be a third full. If anything making the stand all ticket will put people off going tonight because they will assume they cant get stand tickets.

omagh_gael

Any word of SoN? will westmeath come too soon?

gerry

I see a few galway supporters up nice and early
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

Rumour that Sean Cavanagh is injured for tonight - hope it's only a rumour.  :(

gerry

Its a grand night for it .poor crowd so far there is only about 20 with me in the terrace , thats a big change from the kerry game

GalwayBayBoy

omagh_gael

there's an almighty shower of rain here now! Sean is starting no injury

gerry

GalwayBayBoy

FT

Tyrone 0-8
Galway 0-10

Not the best game you'll ever see. Pity about the conditions. Usually Tyrone v Galway games are much more entertaining but what can you do. Not sure how much we will take from it given Tyrone are missing a couple of players but always nice to win anyway I guess.

mountainboii

Shit weather + shit pitch + shit new rules = Shit match

Can't read anything into either team's performance considering those condition. Tyrone maybe have a little bit less strength in depth than I previously thought. Galway should've won by more. Hardstation proved correct re. Joyce's cynicism.