Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Started by thejuice, February 13, 2009, 10:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Quote from: ziggysego on February 13, 2009, 05:18:25 PM
The Davin Stand will always be the Canal End to me.
I have two tickets for that stand for rugby against England.  What is it like?  Would I be better to take the tickets for the Cussack lower stand?

thejuice

Are the Davin Stand tickets upper tier or lower tier?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Maguire01

Me too. Funny though that it has changed to something more meaningful, against the general trend.

ziggysego

I've no interest seeing a rugby game at Croke Park, but thanks for the offer :*
Testing Accessibility

Capt Pat

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2009, 10:32:14 AM
I hate when they rename stadia with corporate names, even though it's obviously a financial bonus. It'll always be Lansdowne Road to me. I hope Croker doesn't follow suit.

That is just the way things are in fact I see no sense in not doing it. I think the GAA should do the same and look at getting all the main county grounds sponsored in such a way. There is a lot of money to be made doing this. Maybe wait a few years rather than selling off the rights in a recession.

FermPundit

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Zapatista

Quote from: Mario on February 13, 2009, 01:49:43 PM
We will all be calling it the Aviva Stadium in a couple of years, whether you think so or not, it will be in all the media coverage and will just catch on.

Look at the stadiums in England, the emirates, the reebok, walkers stadium, etc.

True. I remember a girl stating in full confidence that she would always call Irelands currency the Punt and Never the Euro :D :D :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: FermPundit on February 14, 2009, 09:01:27 AM
Updated photos of the redevelopment at Lansdowne Road.

http://www.lrsdc.ie/gallery/singlecategory.asp?PCID=105

Its coming on nicely,I was there on the site the other day,A guy I know is servicing the cranes on site and he got me in..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Seany

Why GAA is better than soccer/rugby reason 398

We would never ever ever ever dream of calling our most prized asset after an insurance company.

They are about cost.  We are about values.

Bord na Mona man

If the stadium was being built on a site where there was no previous stadium, the name might catch on. Like Eircom Park, or the Emirates stadium.
However it will probably always be Lansdowne Road to the public because of the long and distinguished history.

armaghniac

Things change, sure half the people on this board wouldn't be able to meet you before a match at Independent Bridge.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 13, 2009, 05:54:16 PM
Me too. Funny though that it has changed to something more meaningful, against the general trend.

I was in Cusack Upper row Y on weds night there...Could hardly see the pitch!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

magickingdom

Quote from: Canalman on February 13, 2009, 05:02:32 PM
I feel that the FAI will relish the name change.............muddies the issue of the ownership of the ground which I understand is to remain owned by the IRFU.

i still dont understand who now owns lansdowne rd? if its the irfu why are the fai coming up with the price and if its the irfu why are they giving away half their ground when they could have funded it themselves

Main Street

Quote from: magickingdom on February 15, 2009, 10:01:03 PM
Quote from: Canalman on February 13, 2009, 05:02:32 PM
I feel that the FAI will relish the name change.............muddies the issue of the ownership of the ground which I understand is to remain owned by the IRFU.

i still dont understand who now owns lansdowne rd? if its the irfu why are the fai coming up with the price and if its the irfu why are they giving away half their ground when they could have funded it themselves
the short version
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11223.msg479641#msg479641

Roger

Quote from: thejuice on February 13, 2009, 05:51:39 PM
Are the Davin Stand tickets upper tier or lower tier?
Davin Upper deck. Is that any better than Cussack Lower?