Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Started by thejuice, February 13, 2009, 10:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: Main Street on December 17, 2009, 01:03:10 AM
I don't have any sour grapes neither do I have to resort to spin.
The GAA took responsibility to raise 145m for Croke Park, at a time when construction costs were cheaper.
Arguably it was a bigger project, I don't know.
The IRFU and FAI took responsibility to raise 50m each, making a total of 100m for the Lansdowne rd. project
Both those associations were well funded, up to the eyeballs, by the State in comparison to their personal commitments.

Do you want to try and do those sums again? We have gone from€20m to €50m. Huge shortfall there - are you saying the builders are working for free?

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on December 16, 2009, 06:41:22 PM
k per year.n will start when the Ruggerbuggers and the Govt ask the FAI to stump up their share  ;D ;D

I can see John Delaney( you know the lad who didnt send out the accounts before the FAI AGM and then casually mentioned at it that we have a gap of €m but it will be ok next year) telling the Govt and IRFU ....just a bit short today but next year ..... ::).
Then you have Council's n Dublin one builds a Stadium for Shamrock Rovers and doesnt bother charging a commercial rent for it and another one sets up a Professional Soccer club and pays it's Secretary €90k per annum.
Spongers cleaning up the sour grapes perhaps.

I read somewhere that SDCC are charging Rovers 6 figures a year for use of Tallaght. But don't let facts get in the way. The GAA is well funded, and when soccer gets its share the moaning begins.

Think how petty this all sounds.

INDIANA

I suppose the other issue is did we really need another stadium? Looks like a complete White Elephant to me.

ludermor

Quote from: dublinfella on December 17, 2009, 09:54:17 AM
k per year.n will start when the Ruggerbuggers and the Govt ask the FAI to stump up their share  ;D ;D

I can see John Delaney( you know the lad who didnt send out the accounts before the FAI AGM and then casually mentioned at it that we have a gap of €m but it will be ok next year) telling the Govt and IRFU ....just a bit short today but next year ..... ::).
Then you have Council's n Dublin one builds a Stadium for Shamrock Rovers and doesnt bother charging a commercial rent for it and another one sets up a Professional Soccer club and pays it's Secretary €90k per annum.

I read somewhere that SDCC are charging Rovers 6 figures a year for use of Tallaght. But don't let facts get in the way. The GAA is well funded, and when soccer gets its share the moaning begins.

Any chance you could be more specific? 100,000 would be the cost of a single player ( based on last year, would they get as much this year?) its not a bad deal to get a stadium for the price of one player.

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on December 17, 2009, 09:52:23 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 17, 2009, 01:03:10 AM
I don't have any sour grapes neither do I have to resort to spin.
The GAA took responsibility to raise 145m for Croke Park, at a time when construction costs were cheaper.
Arguably it was a bigger project, I don't know.
The IRFU and FAI took responsibility to raise 50m each, making a total of 100m for the Lansdowne rd. project
Both those associations were well funded, up to the eyeballs, by the State in comparison to their personal commitments.

Do you want to try and do those sums again?

In the figure I provided, I found a 10m shortfall in what the GAA had to finance themselves, The GAA had to raise 155m  not 145m as I stated.

Anything else ?

QuoteWe have gone from€20m to €50m. Huge shortfall there - are you saying the builders are working for free?

Who is "we"?

Where are the shortfalls in the figures I have given as noted from the Gov. website?

ludermor

Quote from: dublinfella on December 16, 2009, 02:49:18 PM

The LUAS goes to The Point, not the 02.....
The Point Village is still under construction and id assume Harry Crosbie would want his baby highlighted forever more.

Rossfan

Quote from: ludermor on December 17, 2009, 10:36:34 AM
Quote from: dublinfella on December 17, 2009, 09:54:17 AM

Any chance you could be more specific? 100,000 would be the cost of a single player ( based on last year, would they get as much this year?) its not a bad deal to get a stadium for the price of one player.

I have it on good Authority that the figure is €50k per annum  while Bohemians used to charge them around €4k per game !!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: INDIANA on December 17, 2009, 10:17:49 AM
I suppose the other issue is did we really need another stadium? Looks like a complete White Elephant to me.

What a load of bollix ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Celt_Man

Thinking of heading to the Leinster game in the Aviva this Saturday but I'll probably be late headin to it and will need to park the car as close to the stadium as possible... Any suggestions where to leave it?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

highorlow

Should the Irish Public Protest at the swinging cuts this Corporate Monopoly has put on the backs of ordinary workers by not attending any games in this stadium in the future?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mc_grens

Quote from: highorlow on October 19, 2011, 11:04:07 AM
Should the Irish Public Protest at the swinging cuts this Corporate Monopoly has put on the backs of ordinary workers by not attending any games in this stadium in the future?

They're far from a monopoly, but I do think they've a case to answer: I wonder how many of those jobs the money they spent on the stadium naming rights would pay for?

As for boycotting games- why? It's no skin off Avivas nose if we go or not, they don't own the place, and they get nothing from it.