Most Hated Premier League XI

Started by doire na raithe, February 10, 2009, 03:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 11, 2009, 08:31:01 AM
One of the problems with a thread like this is that it is being based on very limited knowledge of many of the players involved.

A youngster in our place has leukaemia. He is a big fan of a London based Premiership club. Through contacts he was able to get tickets to a Carling Cup Final. After the match he got to meet all the players from the team he supports. A few weeks after the final he got a package in the post from one of the men who played in the final. The package contained the player's medal and a hand written letter from the player. I'm not sure if his team won or lost the final, I think that that is irrelevant.

The player in question has made at three of the teams in this thread.

Exactly what I was thinking...
Alan Shearer isn't liked by many but after spending a half an hour in his company a few years back I think he is a very nice fella..
Imagine saying you hate someone because they played well against the team you support  ::)
Now if a player was to lets say walk out on their country, it would be fair grounds for disliking someone IMHO......
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

What's that smell? Obsession I think they call it.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 11, 2009, 12:31:49 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 11, 2009, 08:31:01 AM
One of the problems with a thread like this is that it is being based on very limited knowledge of many of the players involved.

A youngster in our place has leukaemia. He is a big fan of a London based Premiership club. Through contacts he was able to get tickets to a Carling Cup Final. After the match he got to meet all the players from the team he supports. A few weeks after the final he got a package in the post from one of the men who played in the final. The package contained the player's medal and a hand written letter from the player. I'm not sure if his team won or lost the final, I think that that is irrelevant.

The player in question has made at three of the teams in this thread.

Exactly what I was thinking...
Alan Shearer isn't liked by many but after spending a half an hour in his company a few years back I think he is a very nice fella..
Imagine saying you hate someone because they played well against the team you support  ::)
Now if a player was to lets say walk out on their country, it would be fair grounds for disliking someone IMHO......

Jaysus, would ye all lighten up. I sure this was posted to start a bit of debate and highlight players that annoy or irrate.

If we applied that logic, we would not allowed to have any opinion on anyone unless you met them in person and knew exactly what sort of charity work they get up. I'm sure 95% of the people we have listed are fine people in their own right but that doesn;t mean we have to like them. I'm sure everyone is basing their teams on behaviour on the field and interviews in and around the game.

The Real Laoislad

Its more jealously than hatred anyway as every single one of ye would swap your lives for the life of a Premiership footballer even the ones you supposedly "hate" because they play well against your favourite team  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Billys Boots

Quotemel sterland

What in God's name was unlikeable about 'the flying pig'?  Apart from he was shite?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 11, 2009, 01:03:45 PM
Its more jealously than hatred anyway as every single one of ye would swap your lives for the life of a Premiership footballer even the ones you supposedly "hate" because they play well against your favourite team  ::)
How many posts can you be wrong in? No-one said they wouldn't swap their life - the point of the thread was who is the most hateful cnut to take to pitch for a Premiership team. They will be hateful for different reasons - they always play well against your club, they are always diving and yapping at the ref, they moan about how Arsenal only offered them £55 grand a week and cheat on their pop star wife, they are Gary Neville.

bingobus

Behave  ;D  ;D
Speaking for myself, I don't think I've ever been jealous of anyone/anything since i was about 12.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on February 11, 2009, 01:59:57 PM

Behave  ;D  ;D
Speaking for myself, I don't think I've ever been jealous of anyone/anything since i was about 12.

Aye and I was about 12 the last time I said I hated someone because of who they played for or because they played well against Liverpool  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 11, 2009, 02:38:56 PM

Behave  ;D  ;D

Aye and I was about 12 the last time I said I hated someone because of who they played for or because they played well against Liverpool  ::)

Catch yourself on. People will have their own reasons for dislikin/hating someone. Its not because who they blame for or cause they played well against your team. Stop the preaching. Thread was a bit of banter and not a witchhunt with vodoo dolls.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on February 11, 2009, 02:42:15 PM

Behave  ;D  ;D

Catch yourself on. People will have their own reasons for dislikin/hating someone. Its not because who they blame for or cause they played well against your team. Stop the preaching. Thread was a bit of banter and not a witchhunt with voodoo dolls.

I dunno about that...
I heard you have a Gary Neville voodoo doll and you drew a little tash on him with permanent marker and thats why he still has some bumfluff on his chin and under his nose even though he is in his 30's
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 11, 2009, 02:48:00 PM

Behave  ;D  ;D

Catch yourself on. People will have their own reasons for dislikin/hating someone. Its not because who they blame for or cause they played well against your team. Stop the preaching. Thread was a bit of banter and not a witchhunt with voodoo dolls.

I dunno about that...
I heard you have a Gary Neville voodoo doll and you drew a little tash on him with permanent marker and thats why he still has some bumfluff on his chin and under his nose even though he is in his 30's

If i had a Gary Neville Voodoo doll and it was working to that extent, their would be serious OG's scored every week and the next time he'd celebrate a winner in front of the away support at old trafford, he'd find himself unable to stop himself from climbing up into them and giving it loads in the middle of them.  ;) I wouldn't be so cruel as to mess with his facial hair.

magpie seanie

Behave  ;D  ;D

Catch yourself on. People will have their own reasons for dislikin/hating someone. Its not because who they blame for or cause they played well against your team. Stop the preaching. Thread was a bit of banter and not a witchhunt with vodoo dolls.

You're better off to ignore him. He's completely obseesed with myself and is just trying to have another pop at me. Obviously the thread is a bit of craic and the sad part is I think he knows that. At least I hope he's not thick enough to think otherwise.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 11, 2009, 02:59:09 PM

Behave  ;D  ;D

You're better off to ignore him. He's completely obseesed with myself and is just trying to have another pop at me. Obviously the thread is a bit of craic and the sad part is I think he knows that. At least I hope he's not thick enough to think otherwise.

Sure why not go and report me there again like a good boy....  ::)

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on February 11, 2009, 02:57:09 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 11, 2009, 02:48:00 PM

Behave  ;D  ;D

I dunno about that...

If i had a Gary Neville Voodoo doll and it was working to that extent, their would be serious OG's scored every week and the next time he'd celebrate a winner in front of the away support at old trafford, he'd find himself unable to stop himself from climbing up into them and giving it loads in the middle of them.  ;) I wouldn't be so cruel as to mess with his facial hair.

Would you need a voodoo doll of him to make him play shite  ??? I doubt it  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 11, 2009, 03:03:03 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 11, 2009, 02:59:09 PM

Behave  ;D  ;D

Sure why not go and report me there again like a good boy....  ::)

QED.