Most Hated Premier League XI

Started by doire na raithe, February 10, 2009, 03:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Friedel seanie? come off it. he's a legend

the green man

Quote from: Square Ball on February 10, 2009, 07:00:39 PM
could you not find another striker with a C in it TGM?

please see the soccer quiz questions for further clarification on my selection.

Anyway. Never liked Lee Dixon or Nigel Winterburn. Arsenal seem to have a monoply of hateful wee scrotes who have played for them

saffron sam2

One of the problems with a thread like this is that it is being based on very limited knowledge of many of the players involved.

A youngster in our place has leukaemia. He is a big fan of a London based Premiership club. Through contacts he was able to get tickets to a Carling Cup Final. After the match he got to meet all the players from the team he supports. A few weeks after the final he got a package in the post from one of the men who played in the final. The package contained the player's medal and a hand written letter from the player. I'm not sure if his team won or lost the final, I think that that is irrelevant.

The player in question has made at three of the teams in this thread.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Hound

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 11, 2009, 08:31:01 AM
One of the problems with a thread like this is that it is being based on very limited knowledge of many of the players involved.

A youngster in our place has leukaemia. He is a big fan of a London based Premiership club. Through contacts he was able to get tickets to a Carling Cup Final. After the match he got to meet all the players from the team he supports. A few weeks after the final he got a package in the post from one of the men who played in the final. The package contained the player's medal and a hand written letter from the player. I'm not sure if his team won or lost the final, I think that that is irrelevant.

Well I think you should name the guy. Give praise when praise is due.

Minder

I do not think it is necessary to know the players personally to dislike them. How many pop stars, film stars have got it in the neck on this board yet im not sure anyone could say they know them personally. John Terry for example features on almost every team yet i read an anecdote the other day about him from Burnley manager Owen Coyle. He said when Burnley knocked Chelsea out of the Rumbelows Cup earlier this season Terry spent about an hour after the match going back and forward between the two changing rooms getting kit, balls etc. signed for the Burnley players. Coyle said you could tell he was royally pissed off about losing the match but he did it anyway.

I would have a fair idea someone like Gary Neville for example is a decent family man, and is never in the media for the "wrong reasons" but on the football pitch in my opinion he is pond life. Rational thought or debate is not necessary on a thread like this.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clarshack

a few of the leeds players from the 90's would surely make the all time team - tony dorigo, mel sterland, lee chapman....

thebigfella

Quote from: Hound on February 11, 2009, 09:04:10 AM

Fair enough but I'm basing my selection on what they got up to on field. For example Lehmann used to wind me up completely when I watched him play, I couldn't stand the way he used to charge out of goal and protest over every little thing. It's the most hated premiership players and not most hated people.

Is it Cashly? He needed a bit of good publicity after he cheated on 'wor' Cheryl with that stoat. Doesn't matter how many good deeds he does, I'll never forgive him for that  ;)

magpie seanie

Quote from: The GAA on February 10, 2009, 10:56:53 PM

Friedel seanie? come off it. he's a legend

Has produced too many superhuman performances against United for my liking. Not saying he should be dropping them in the net or anything but if he was that good every week - well he would have been the best keeper in the world. So maybe its a backhanded compliment. Of the current goalkeepers he didn't really have much competition. I considered Scott Carson for complete shitness and Cech for the silly hat*.

* yes I know he got a bad injury but you have to get over it - especially when your form has dropped considerably.

gawa316

Not a team but just players who have pissed me off

Eboue, Cashley, Gallas, Neville, Cahill, Diouf, Drogba, Rooney, Ronaldo

Cruncher

Most hated by opposition fans:

seaman
p neville, carragher,terry,g neville
bowyer,diouf,wise,ince
bellemy,drogba

Most adored by their own fans :

Schmichael
irwin, terry, vidic, dixon
ginola, cantona, gerard, giggs
shearer, juninho

saffron sam2

Quote from: Hound on February 11, 2009, 09:04:10 AM

I don't think you can name the guy. If he wanted everyone to know, he could have posed for pictures in the papers. Naming him isn't up to me, it's up to the player and / or the boy's family. That they didn't name him or go to the press has to be respected.

Not Cashley by the way.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

full back

Quote from: clarshack on February 11, 2009, 09:16:14 AM
a few of the leeds players from the 90's would surely make the all time team - tony dorigo, mel sterland, lee chapman....

How could you miss out the fcuker that was David Batty?

Drogba is the player that pisses me off most nowadays. His constant diving, whingeing etc etc (same could be said for Ronaldo though!!).
Hateful child

Lehman was another player that wrecked my head with the diving & runnning after players & referees alike yapping like fcuk

doire na raithe

Quote from: Minder on February 11, 2009, 09:14:44 AM
I do not think it is necessary to know the players personally to dislike them. How many pop stars, film stars have got it in the neck on this board yet im not sure anyone could say they know them personally. John Terry for example features on almost every team yet i read an anecdote the other day about him from Burnley manager Owen Coyle. He said when Burnley knocked Chelsea out of the Rumbelows Cup earlier this season Terry spent about an hour after the match going back and forward between the two changing rooms getting kit, balls etc. signed for the Burnley players. Coyle said you could tell he was royally pissed off about losing the match but he did it anyway.

I would have a fair idea someone like Gary Neville for example is a decent family man, and is never in the media for the "wrong reasons" but on the football pitch in my opinion he is pond life. Rational thought or debate is not necessary on a thread like this.

Yes, exactly! It is a thread about irrational hatred of people we don't even know that well. Not to be taken too seriously!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: doire na raithe on February 11, 2009, 10:54:42 AM
Quote from: Minder on February 11, 2009, 09:14:44 AM

Yes, exactly! It is a thread about irrational hatred of people we don't even know that well. Not to be taken too seriously!

;D Are ye serious?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Quote from: Cruncher on February 11, 2009, 10:12:59 AM

Most adored by their own fans :

Schmichael
irwin, terry, vidic, dixon
ginola, cantona, gerard, giggs
shearer, juninho

No Fowler? Surely the most adored player by a set of fans with Roy not too far behind.