Carlton Corkman clocks Cloke, contract cancellation considered.

Started by stephenite, February 06, 2009, 04:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the green man

I dont get it. Its nothing you wouldnt see at county training. Yer Aussie mans attack on Pip Jordan would be far worse.

stephenite

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 07, 2009, 05:04:36 PM
Quote from: stephenite on February 06, 2009, 11:13:53 PM
But Michaela, this thread doesn't alter anything that I wrote on that thread. The SOH incident might stop AFL clubs from recruiting GAA players (I doubt it) but it won't stop young players from wanting to be full time professional athletes.
A point you can't seem to get your mystic little head around

You post in the wrong section, confusing the AFL with the GAA, and it's something I can't get my head around. Hmmm....

So the prospect of Setanta coming back to Cork and playing football this summer isn't GAA related - how so? The thread title states that contract cancellation is being considered - what are you not getting?

stephenite

Quote from: Zapatista on February 07, 2009, 10:20:19 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2009, 05:04:46 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 06, 2009, 04:53:47 PM
Shouldn't this be in the - General Discussion section?

Are you saying that subconsciously stephenite believes the GAA and AFL to be one and the same? Strewth!  ;)

NOt at all. I'd say it's being done consciously.

Same question to you then?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: stephenite on February 08, 2009, 09:58:58 PM
So the prospect of Setanta coming back to Cork and playing football this summer isn't GAA related - how so? The thread title states that contract cancellation is being considered - what are you not getting?

It was an AFL incident, in its entirety; until and when he returns to Cork GAA is another subject. Only if and when, and it remains pure non-GAA conjecture even if his contract is cancelled -- it's not a GAA subject. 
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stephenite

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 08, 2009, 10:13:02 PM

It was an AFL incident, in its entirety; until and when he returns to Cork GAA is another subject. Only if and when, and it remains pure non-GAA conjecture even if his contract is cancelled -- it's not a GAA subject. 

Well, normally when things are posted in the wrong forum, the mods move it. In this case, I, the mods and anyone who contributed to the over 5 pages of this thread with the exception of yourself and Zap, appear to agree with my opinion that even the possibility of contract cancellation would be worthy of a thread on the main board.

You obviously disagree with that opinion - fair enough, but using that in a miusguided fashion to dredge up a discussion from a long buried thread is just childish.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: stephenite on February 08, 2009, 10:20:14 PM
Well, normally when things are posted in the wrong forum, the mods move it. In this case, I, the mods and anyone who contributed to the over 5 pages of this thread with the exception of yourself and Zap, appear to agree with my opinion that even the possibility of contract cancellation would be worthy of a thread on the main board.

Well, I don't think either Zap or myself raised it with the Mods, so the chances of it being picked up are fairly non-existent since, as they (the Mods) concede, they don't routinely monitor.

Quote from: stephenite on February 08, 2009, 10:20:14 PM
You obviously disagree with that opinion - fair enough, but using that in a miusguided fashion to dredge up a discussion from a long buried thread is just childish.

OK, was just attempting to point up the frequent tendency to cross the GAA lines with the AFL... but I'll grow up.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stephenite

Point taken - considering the frequency some of our GAA players cross lines to the AFL (Kennelly coming home, Hanley, Clarke playing club games in their off season, Setanta possibly coming home, Coney deciding to stay at home) well, it's little wonder the tendency is there.

Hardy

Anger management classes! Sweet Christ Almighty! I'm losing the will to live in this world they're manufacturing for me.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on February 09, 2009, 12:28:07 AM
Anger management classes! Sweet Christ Almighty! I'm losing the will to live in this world they're manufacturing for me.
I'm glad someone else knows how I feel.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Declan

Heard on the radio he got a 4 game suspension from AFL but still no confirmation from Carlton on what their ultimate sanction will be

Zapatista

Just pointing out that I think it is in the wrong section. No big deal. THe last 5 pages you talk about are not GAA related.

passedit

Quote from: Hardy on February 09, 2009, 12:28:07 AM

You above all people Hardy should know that there's nothing new under the sun. These sort of things have been going on under different guises for decades. I beileve in your own neck of the woods it was called county training.
Don't Panic