Carlton Corkman clocks Cloke, contract cancellation considered.

Started by stephenite, February 06, 2009, 04:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

rootthemout

if he gets sent home will cork players boycott international rules in support of their fellow cty man,this could be another row for them toget donal og &coi nvoved in ;)

stephenite

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2009, 05:04:46 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 06, 2009, 04:53:47 PM
Shouldn't this be in the - General Discussion section?

Are you saying that subconsciously stephenite believes the GAA and AFL to be one and the same? Strewth!  ;)

Edit To elucidate :-

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6748.285

I especially like this bit:

Quote from: stephenite on December 09, 2008, 11:29:17 PM
Rubbish - the notion that relations with the AFL lend a legitimacy as something of a stablemate is utter bullshit, the notion that cutting off those relations would lead to young players being less inclined to try their hand at AFL is utter bullshit. The notion that the lines are currently blurred is utter bullshit.

:D

But Michaela, this thread doesn't alter anything that I wrote on that thread. The SOH incident might stop AFL clubs from recruiting GAA players (I doubt it) but it won't stop young players from wanting to be full time professional athletes.
A point you can't seem to get your mystic little head around

agorm

Quote from: JohnDenver on February 06, 2009, 10:55:37 AM
Quote from: corn02 on February 06, 2009, 10:35:13 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on February 06, 2009, 10:16:51 AM
Don't think there was a big pile in it, the other man hit the deck like a sack of sh*te.  He was happy enough to try and get the upper hand on SOH so he can't have much complaints.

Don't agree with that. There was no need for the kick.

If the other boys willing to act the maggot then he has to take the consequences.  It was hardly a drive of a boot, more a dig letting him know not to act the big man again.  Don't get me wrong i don't condone driving a boot into some man on the ground, but i don't think this kick was there to cause damage, more frustration i would guess.  Just don't think SOH is the only guilty party here.

I looked at it again - it was a fair old kick.

Eoghan Mag

Ah the pure wee Aussie! Them Down-under lads are all big cry-babies. There was was nothing in that. Sure you'd see worse in a school playground anywhere in Ireland!  ;)

IolarCoisCuain

Just saw the footage on TV3, having finished watching Eamon Dunphy tearing up at the thought of the childer in the recession on the Late Late. Christ, it's some night in, this.

Setanta's been sent for anger management classes and I reckon that'll be the end of it. The Aussie media seemed to be milking it for all they're worth but the players themselves seemed to find it funny enough.

As I do myself, to be honest with you. A shoe in the hole might be long overdue for that fella. If any of them Aussies are picking on you beyond Stephenite, I hope you give as good as you get!  :D

muppet

Quote from: magickingdom on February 06, 2009, 08:59:37 PM
roy keane, michael collins, stephen ireland, cork hurlers, cork footballers, setanta o'hAilpin... the list just goes on. langerland is a dicy place

Feckin' animals.
MWWSI 2017

Kevin

Quote from: bingobus on February 06, 2009, 10:45:39 AM
It must have been a paid phone line from Cork when Sean Og was telling him about "strike" & "footballers".

Completely misunderstood.

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Son_of_Sam

Well I for one will stand up for Setanta, according to the Herald Sun, that Cloke gave him a back-hander to the throat to start it. He was looking for trouble and he got it. Its simply a case of blame the foreigner as is common here in Australia, look at Andrew Synmonds the cricketer and his ant-Kiwi player racist rant. Had to laugh at the pictures in the H.Sun of Brendan Fevola trying to hold Setanta back, thats the same Saint Fevola who hammered the crap out a barman in the Imperial Hotel in Galway's Eyre Square after the Pearse Stadium International Rules game a few years back. In my opinion the punch was far worse than the kick, but because the Aussies throw a punch every five minutes thats not the bit thats being highlighted because it would implicate all the AFL & most Australian sportsmen as being thugs. They had a cyclist who missed the olympics because he bate the crap out of somone, they have another sportstar in trouble, who had previously been tried for glassing his girlfriend. Barry Hall last year was only considered a thug after decking a few Aussies, but when he decked Irish he was just pasionate. Well I for one hope the Irish experiement is nearly over. Its great to see the Americans looking to take Aussie Rules players to America as place kickers after the success of one getting to the semi-final & another played for the Cardinals in the Superbowl. I hope that the AFL get a taste of their own medicine from the Yanks.

Tankie

Just watched it there. I'm all up for a few digs when things get heated but kicking a man when he is on the ground is just sc**bag behavior!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2009, 05:04:46 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 06, 2009, 04:53:47 PM
Shouldn't this be in the - General Discussion section?

Are you saying that subconsciously stephenite believes the GAA and AFL to be one and the same? Strewth!  ;)

NOt at all. I'd say it's being done consciously.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on February 07, 2009, 12:36:33 AM
Well I for one will stand up for Setanta, according to the Herald Sun, that Cloke gave him a back-hander to the throat to start it. He was looking for trouble and he got it. Its simply a case of blame the foreigner as is common here in Australia, look at Andrew Synmonds the cricketer and his ant-Kiwi player racist rant. Had to laugh at the pictures in the H.Sun of Brendan Fevola trying to hold Setanta back, thats the same Saint Fevola who hammered the crap out a barman in the Imperial Hotel in Galway's Eyre Square after the Pearse Stadium International Rules game a few years back. In my opinion the punch was far worse than the kick, but because the Aussies throw a punch every five minutes thats not the bit thats being highlighted because it would implicate all the AFL & most Australian sportsmen as being thugs. They had a cyclist who missed the olympics because he bate the crap out of somone, they have another sportstar in trouble, who had previously been tried for glassing his girlfriend. Barry Hall last year was only considered a thug after decking a few Aussies, but when he decked Irish he was just pasionate. Well I for one hope the Irish experiement is nearly over. Its great to see the Americans looking to take Aussie Rules players to America as place kickers after the success of one getting to the semi-final & another played for the Cardinals in the Superbowl. I hope that the AFL get a taste of their own medicine from the Yanks.

Well in your opinion punching maybe worse than kicking but in Australia kicking is seen as the lowest thing you can do but hey if hte Irish think its ok then they should think just like us....and the Aussies have no problem wiht guys going to America as kickers either...

Jinxy

Who gives a f*ck what the aussies think?
Are we honestly to believe that in the grand scheme of things, giving a lad a toe up the hole is worse than clothes-lining a player running at full speed unable to protect himself?

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: stephenite on February 06, 2009, 11:13:53 PM
But Michaela, this thread doesn't alter anything that I wrote on that thread. The SOH incident might stop AFL clubs from recruiting GAA players (I doubt it) but it won't stop young players from wanting to be full time professional athletes.
A point you can't seem to get your mystic little head around

You post in the wrong section, confusing the AFL with the GAA, and it's something I can't get my head around. Hmmm....
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rossfan

Quote from: Tankie on February 07, 2009, 01:45:29 AM
Just watched it there. I'm all up for a few digs when things get heated but kicking a man when he is on the ground is just sc**bag behavior!

behavioU;) please.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM