Carlton Corkman clocks Cloke, contract cancellation considered.

Started by stephenite, February 06, 2009, 04:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Just shows ya what playing in Oz does to ya before he went over santa would never do such an act  ;) He has turned into some size of a man wouldn't fancy getting an uppercut from him
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on February 06, 2009, 10:21:52 AM
Lads at this rate I don't think many AFL clubs will be experimenting with Irish players in the near future.

Come home agent Ó hAilpín, your assignment is complete.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

corn02

Quote from: JohnDenver on February 06, 2009, 10:16:51 AM
Don't think there was a big pile in it, the other man hit the deck like a sack of sh*te.  He was happy enough to try and get the upper hand on SOH so he can't have much complaints.

Don't agree with that. There was no need for the kick.

INDIANA

bingobus

It must have been a paid phone line from Cork when Sean Og was telling him about "strike" & "footballers".

Completely misunderstood.

Minder

Sea Og has said he will go on strike if disciplinary action is taken against Setanta.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JohnDenver

Quote from: corn02 on February 06, 2009, 10:35:13 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on February 06, 2009, 10:16:51 AM
Don't think there was a big pile in it, the other man hit the deck like a sack of sh*te.  He was happy enough to try and get the upper hand on SOH so he can't have much complaints.

Don't agree with that. There was no need for the kick.

If the other boys willing to act the maggot then he has to take the consequences.  It was hardly a drive of a boot, more a dig letting him know not to act the big man again.  Don't get me wrong i don't condone driving a boot into some man on the ground, but i don't think this kick was there to cause damage, more frustration i would guess.  Just don't think SOH is the only guilty party here.

Main Street

The  "don't kick a man when he's down" is taken too seriously.
Nothing better after you have decked an annoying adversary than to stand over and press home the final humiliation.
Is it true Setanta shouted
"Take that you cxnt" ? 

orangeman

Kicking is deemed one of the lowest acts in sport - you can beat the life out of an opponent with your fists, but kicking is a no no.

thejuice

It was only a kick in the hole. When I read he kicked him on the ground I was thinking maybe it was serious like a kick in the ribs or head, but c'mon it was only a kick in the arse.  The punch would have done way more damage to the Cloke fella.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

stephenite

I saw it as more a kick to the balls, while he was on the gorund - which is pretty distasteful

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: orangeman on February 06, 2009, 11:16:52 AM
Kicking is deemed one of the lowest acts in sport - you can beat the life out of an opponent with your fists, but kicking is a no no.

It's especially the case in Aussie Rules. Kicking a man in that game is seen as way, way worse than a thump. The fact that the man is on the ground compounds it. The Aussies go big in for the camaraderie thing and this was a clear violation of any of that. Setanta will be let go, I've very little doubt about that.

So the big question - will he join up with provisional Cork squad or the continuity one??
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

INDIANA

Any hurling prowess is long gone. Aisake is out with the footballers I'd say Setanta will join him. He's gone after that. Kicking is seen as sacrilege in Aussie Rules. And he's not a big enough profile player to get away with it thats his biggest problem.

stephenite

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 06, 2009, 11:30:36 AM
Quote from: orangeman on February 06, 2009, 11:16:52 AM

It's especially the case in Aussie Rules. Kicking a man in that game is seen as way, way worse than a thump. The fact that the man is on the ground compounds it. The Aussies go big in for the camaraderie thing and this was a clear violation of any of that. Setanta will be let go, I've very little doubt about that.

So the big question - will he join up with provisional Cork squad or the continuity one??

I don't think he'll get the bullet