The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I thought Cole was decent in the first half and also if I was him I'd box the ears off Ngog for taking that chance off him right at the end.
One thing about Cole though I was disgusted with him for pulling out of the challenge with the Goalie in the first half there was a open goal to head the ball into.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Big Puff

Boycey

Admittedly the Champions League isn't much better these days but surely the Europa League must be the most tedious competition of all time?

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on February 24, 2011, 10:38:28 PM
Admittedly the Champions League isn't much better these days but surely the Europa League must be the most tedious competition of all time?

Too many games, the only plus point is giving younger players more games. I suppose when you get to the last 16 you may as well try and go on and win it but it has been very underwhelming fare so far.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Quote from: Minder on February 24, 2011, 10:50:28 PM

Too many games, the only plus point is giving younger players more games. I suppose when you get to the last 16 you may as well try and go on and win it but it has been very underwhelming fare so far.

UEFA with all their tinkering have turned European club football in a farce. Champ league doesn't really kick off til Feb and I'd suggest the Europa league won't get going until 1/4 final stage. Mind you clubs are guilty too, more games more revenue, quantity not quality!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on February 24, 2011, 11:01:21 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 24, 2011, 10:50:28 PM

UEFA with all their tinkering have turned European club football in a farce. Champ league doesn't really kick off til Feb and I'd suggest the Europa league won't get going until 1/4 final stage. Mind you clubs are guilty too, more games more revenue, quantity not quality!

Too many teams are allowed into both competitions,letting the 3rd place teams in the groups from the Champions League back into the Europa League doesn't help either.
In all honesty a team finishing 5th or 6th in a League should not be rewarded with a place in Europe.
If only the Top 2 teams from the Premier League,La Liga etc and only the Champions from the various other lesser leagues like the SPL were allowed into the Champions League and the 3rd place team from the big league and 2nd place team from the lesser leagues into the Europa with the winners of the Europa gaining automatic entry into the following seasons Champions League it would make it better and place more importance on the Europa League.
But as Boycey says its all about the money and more games means more revenue but at a huge loss in quality of games.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Boycey on February 24, 2011, 07:57:41 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 24, 2011, 07:56:02 PM
Ingrog makesm it 4 big misses, he was spartas best player

Liverpool 1 sparta 0

Full ti,me

Have you been at the sherry?

NO.................................................Gin

Minder

Are Agger and Kelly fit for today?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bingo

Pepe, Kelly, Johnson, carra, skrtel, Wilson, Lucas, gerrard, raul, kuyt, suarez. Looks like a 3-5-2.

Looks good enough to me, was anxious we'd be missing more than agger from other night. Cole on bench.

EC Unique

Well that pretty much rules out champions league football for another year. Great goal by cole.

J70

Awful performance from Liverpool. West Ham showed much more passion and fight and were first to every ball. Reina had a shaky game in particular, especially on that third goal, but was a bit slow to the first as well.

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on February 27, 2011, 03:21:24 PM
Well that pretty much rules out champions league football for another year. Great goal by cole.

Reina was very badly beaten for that.

ross4life

Quote from: J70 on February 27, 2011, 03:22:56 PM
Awful performance from Liverpool. West Ham showed much more passion and fight and were first to every ball. Reina had a shaky game in particular, especially on that third goal, but was a bit slow to the first as well.

I agree & he's not having his best season for pool.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

EC Unique

Maybe he likes the idea of Old Trafford.