The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowAreYeGettinOn

Torres' attitude before Dalglish took over was most definitely that of a man waiting for his chance to move. But now that Dalglish is in situ, Torres looks much sharper and is scoring again. Of course he wants to win League, European Cup medals etc. before his career is over, and Liverpool won't be at that level for a while, so his preference for a move is understandable. My hunch is that Kenny will talk to him and stall him from moving until the summer.

When he does move, I don't think it would necessarily be to Chelsea either. He won't be guaranteed a start ahead of Anelka and Drogba. And if word is out that Torres is available, there'll be more than just Chelsea looking for him.

Geoff Tipps

I think that signing Suarez now is vital. If the first transfer window for NESV passes by without a top class signing coming in Torres can justifiably say the club is not matching his ambition of winning trophies.

Gabriel_Hurl

Suarez fee agreed - 26.5 million Euros

On official website

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 28, 2011, 05:04:18 PM
Suarez fee agreed - 26.5 million Euros

On official website

Does that leave the way clear for Torres to go to Chelsea?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

supersub

Minder

Quote from: supersub on January 28, 2011, 05:07:08 PM
Suarez in, reckon Torres will stay!

Until the summer anyway, if he is going hopefully City get involved in the bidding. If NESV want him to stay they would need to spend some serious dough in the summer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Correct me if I am wrong - but wouldnt Liverpool get more money for Torres now rather than in the Summer based on the January window "premium"?

quit yo jibbajabba

fook you boys were quick, thought id be the first with the news!!

minder - lethal moniker  ;D

Geoff Tipps

Gabriel_Hurl

Kezman is Serbian

Suarez is Uruguayan

mountainboii

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 28, 2011, 05:24:55 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 28, 2011, 05:20:20 PM
Mateja Kezman #2.

Completely different type of player.

Yeah, but yous have still overpaid. £20 million could've got you someone like Darren Bent. Or Robbie Keane again.

Minder

It will be €26.5m with the add ons and clauses.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

Happy days, I presume that the personal terms will be easy enough to sort out.  I reckon this will have a major bearing on Torres.  Should the club push on and get into the top 6, which is not unreasonable, then if the owners put their money where their mouth is in the summer I reckon he will hang it out.  He will be offered a new contract before the summer, of that there is no doubt.