The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on January 28, 2011, 10:50:06 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 28, 2011, 10:39:08 AM
Torres happy to leave according to Guilliem Balague,he says Torres has asked Liverpool to listen to Chelsea about the offer.

The same Balague that informed us for 12 months that Torres was signing for United?? That told us that Ronaldo was sure to join Madrid the summer he didn't and that it was unlikely to happen the year that it did??? Mind you I suppose if he spouts enough shite eventually he must be right..

Having said that a couple on twitter this morning suggesting Torres has indeed been sounded out about the move

If balahue is to be believed then Torres is a snake for looking to leave, but I don't believe Balague.  I can maybe understand Torres frustation but that doesn't mean he is going to jump ship.  I reckon he will see what happens between now and the summer, who Liverpool buy in the next few days and then make a decision. 

Bingo

I'd agree with BC1.

Liverpool need to spring into action and add a player or two to push hard for rest of season, finish high up table to lay down a marker/platform for next season and win the Europa league.

Then add to the squad further in the summer. If Torres wants to leave at that stage, so be it, take the money and re-invest. A player of his quality is difficult to replace and i'd prefer to have him but if it meant we'd be stuck with an unhappy player ie Torres of first half of season, then take the 50m and run.

Bensars

Maybe hes tempted by the culture of another city, a bit like Mascherano !

Denn Forever

Quote from: supersub on January 28, 2011, 12:21:28 AM
Yeh had a bid rejected tonight apparently £40million!

I know Torres is good but I can't see how he would fit in the Chelsea system.  I suppose it would be the money.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Up The Middle

Maybe hes tempted by the culture of another city, a bit like Mascherano !

He is getting plenty of time to check out the culture from the bench.

Cant see Torres leaving at this stage, especially with Kenny at the helm, if Hodgson was still there he would be away like a shot. His last 3-4 performances suggest that he is getting back to his old self and he seems interested again (i was at the Wolves game over christmas and he looked like he didnt give a shit), unless he has upped his game angling for a move but i cant see him being that type of player. If Camolli would get his finger out and offer Ajax 25million for Suarez then he would see we mean business and he would happily stay indefinitley.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Minder

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 28, 2011, 11:12:34 AM
Quote from: supersub on January 28, 2011, 12:21:28 AM
Yeh had a bid rejected tonight apparently £40million!

I know Torres is good but I can't see how he would fit in the Chelsea system.  I suppose it would be the money.

He took a paycut to come from Atletico so I can't see it being the money.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

He is gone. Either now or the summer. I have never seen a player who so obviously does not want to be where he is. He is clearly not interested in Liverpool.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EC Unique on January 28, 2011, 11:17:03 AM
He is gone. Either now or the summer. I have never seen a player who so obviously does not want to be where he is. He is clearly not interested in Liverpool.

I know imagine a player not being happy at a club!

At least Nando hasn't come out and siad he wants to leave!

Up The Middle

Take that picture out of this thread, i hate that granny shagging p***k
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Bingo

I would believe that Torres is motivated by medals and honours in the game, he shy's out of the limelight, avoids hookers and grannys, never mouths into camera's after games, does his talking on the field and money isn't the be all and end all with him.

EC Unique

Quote from: Bingo on January 28, 2011, 11:37:23 AM
I would believe that Torres is motivated by medals and honours in the game, he shy's out of the limelight, avoids hookers and grannys, never mouths into camera's after games, does his talking on the field and money isn't the be all and end all with him.

Exactly. That is why he wants away from Liverpool.

Up The Middle

Boycey

You Liverpool  lads would want to take a look at yourselves, the speculation is about your star striker possibly looking away but you have managed to turn it into a slagging match about a United player  ;D.

bingo you forgot to mention that torres is nice to his Mammy too...

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on January 28, 2011, 12:07:56 PM
You Liverpool  lads would want to take a look at yourselves, the speculation is about your star striker possibly looking away but you have managed to turn it into a slagging match about a United player  ;D.

Boycey, in fairness half the posts when something negative happens to LFC is trolls in to have a pop/laugh/whatever, by all means let them at it but don't expect not get it back. We even had someone tell us yesterday that realistically we can hope for 8 pts from next 6 games and it was said with the authority of Richard Keys try to be one of the lads.

Is it not obvious to draw comparisons? No, maybe you are right. One publically asked to leave his club, got more money and stayed. The other has been subject to a bid and internet rumours suggest he may b interested.

He's shocking nice to all his family, not just his mammy.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on January 28, 2011, 12:07:56 PM

Boycey, just drawing comparisons when EC decided to give his tuppenny worth on the news.  The simple facts are that a bid has been made, rejected and backed up with an official statement that the players is not for sale.  Balague has made assertions about things he says he knows which have been refuted by other journalists who are very close to the Liverpool squad.  I think it is balls what Balague is saying but I do not doubt that Torres has been frustrated,  What I would say though is he is not playing like someone who doesn't want to be there and is a completely different man to what he was 5-6 weeks ago, take out of that what you will.