The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: Bingo on Today at 04:14:12 PM
Can't say I'll be sorry to see Babel off. Never built on his potential and far to watery. Had lots of chances and at times he showed flashes but far too little and it was his desire that was often missing.

Thanks Ryan but good luck.

Hopefully its a sign that somebody is coming in....strong links with Sureaz and some whispers on Ashley Young and/or Downing at Villa.

King Kenny has also promoted Suso and Conor Caody to Melwood from the Academy.

Reports of Downing, Young and Warnock in a £30 mill package. Villa will sink without trace if they shift Downing and Young.

Why would Liverpool take 3 players from a struggling club? Young has had a poor season. Downing is not what he was at Middlesborough and Warnock is distinctly average

3 players who would add something to our own struggling club. Warnock should never have been sold by Benetiz in the first place andd Downing and Young especially would add to any club in the Premiership, just because Villa are struggling it doesnt make them bad players, it makes Houllier a bad manager, but sure we all knew that anyway
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2011, 04:41:39 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 18, 2011, 04:37:16 PM
Quote from: Bingo on January 18, 2011, 04:14:12 PM
Can't say I'll be sorry to see Babel off. Never built on his potential and far to watery. Had lots of chances and at times he showed flashes but far too little and it was his desire that was often missing.

Thanks Ryan but good luck.

Hopefully its a sign that somebody is coming in....strong links with Sureaz and some whispers on Ashley Young and/or Downing at Villa.

King Kenny has also promoted Suso and Conor Caody to Melwood from the Academy.
Reports of Downing, Young and Warnock in a £30 mill package. Villa will sink without trace if they shift Downing and Young.

Why would Liverpool take 3 players from a struggling club? Young has had a poor season. Downing is not what he was at Middlesborough and Warnock is distinctly average!

Young hasn't had a great season but he is a good player. A very good one on his day. Downing has 5 goals and 3 assists this season which is not bad for a team struggling for a decent striker. Truth is both of them would probably be improvements on what Liverpool currently have in wide areas. Thing is though they are English which immediately inflates their price. Better value might be had elsewhere.

Suarez even though he's an annoying little bollocks would be a great signing if they could convince him to come but again we can't offer Champions League football at the moment. He would have to be convinced that it is a long-term project worth being involved in. Not the easiest sell.

brokencrossbar1

In relation to Downing and Young, it would depend on how much they afre paying for them and the length of the contracts that they are offered.  I would take young in the morning as he is fast and has an eye for goal, but is like the rest of the Villa squad struggling with form.  Downing is slightly above average in my view and might add some genuine width to the attack but is not spectacular.  Suarez would be an excellent addition.  I can see Liverpool going for 2 of 3 and not all 3, hopefully Suarez and Young.  With Babel gone and Maxi and Kuyt not really providing penetration when they play on the wings speed and goal scoring is vital from the wide players.  I would love to see a midfield/attack like this

Lucas          Merieles
       Gerard

Young         Suarez
        Torres

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 18, 2011, 05:25:26 PM
Kenny Dalglish has promised to take Liverpool back to the "Glory Days".

Just as soon as he can get the Delorean up to 88mph!

Don't be putting a Bummer on our delusional expectations!!!

supersarsfields

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 18, 2011, 05:26:54 PM
In relation to Downing and Young, it would depend on how much they afre paying for them and the length of the contracts that they are offered.  I would take young in the morning as he is fast and has an eye for goal, but is like the rest of the Villa squad struggling with form.  Downing is slightly above average in my view and might add some genuine width to the attack but is not spectacular.  Suarez would be an excellent addition.  I can see Liverpool going for 2 of 3 and not all 3, hopefully Suarez and Young.  With Babel gone and Maxi and Kuyt not really providing penetration when they play on the wings speed and goal scoring is vital from the wide players.  I would love to see a midfield/attack like this

Lucas          Merieles
       Gerard

Young         Suarez
        Torres

We'd conceed far too many with that line up BC. We need to get a natural holding midfielder. I said during the first half of the game at the weekend there that we were leaving huge gaps between midfield and the back four. Lucas, Merieles and Gerrard shouldn't be on the same team unless Gerrard is playing up top behind Torres. We seem to be looking at Lucas as if he's the defensive midfielder. And he certainly isn't.

supersub

With current available players..

Reina

Kelly Agger Skrtel

Johnson                   Aurelio

Meireles Lucas

Gerard

Torres Kuyt

Possible new additions.....

Reina

Kelly Agger Skrtel Warnock

Meireles Lucas

Young        Gerard      Suarez

Torres

ross4life

During his Ajax days Van Basten compared Babel to Henry

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Big Puff

Carmen Stateside

Just heard Bent on some station today explaining his dicision to join Villa was because of the service that can be provided by both Young and Downing.  Cant see Villa spending 18 million on a striker and taking away his service then.

STREET FIGHTER

I can't see Suarez headin to Liverpool to be honest.

Minder

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 18, 2011, 09:54:49 PM

I don't think it's that outlandish as they are currently discussing a fee, apparently.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on January 18, 2011, 10:21:33 PM

I don't think it's that outlandish as they are currently discussing a fee, apparently.

He would add bite to the liverpool forward line  :P but seriously any striker signed will be a replacement for Torres who is sure to be sold in the Summer.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Big Puff

Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2011, 10:37:31 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 18, 2011, 10:21:33 PM

He would add bite to the liverpool forward line  :P but seriously any striker signed will be a replacement for Torres who is sure to be sold in the Summer.

dont think suarez is an out and out striker? could be wrong though.