The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

That is the really frustrating thing about this. Chelsea, United and Arsenal were dropping points for fun there. This is the season Liverpool should really have been serious about winning it, after their effort last year.

But Rafa fucked up Alonso, fucked up a chance to play attacking football, and fucked it away. Next year Arsenal will be stronger again, Chelsea too. United might be on the cusp of coming back to the rest. City will be stronger. A season like this has probably set Liverpool back 2-3 years, especially if they don't make the CL.

Geoff Tipps

Depressing stuff. Players look disinterested. Couldn't put 2 passes together. Putting the Greek up front at the end said it all. I'm  sick of them now  :-[

GalwayBayBoy

Not one shot on target in 97 minutes minutes against a Wigan team that conceded 9 in one game earlier in the season and had Titus Bramble and Gary Caldwell as their centre-halfs.

Reminded me of Houllier's last season when it was one bad display after another.

James McCarthy looks like he'll be a fine player though. Another one we could have had for buttons only to sign some shitehawk instead no doubt that cost five times as much.

ross4life

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 08, 2010, 10:30:42 PM
That is the really frustrating thing about this. Chelsea, United and Arsenal were dropping points for fun there. This is the season Liverpool should really have been serious about winning it, after their effort last year.

Yep agreed pool finished with 86Pt's last season i think? that total would easily win the title this season!

P.S it may not mean a lot? but Wigan beat Chelsea 3-1 this season
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 08, 2010, 10:20:12 PM

Lucas. Not as bad as the fans think he is. Not as good as Rafa thinks he is.

Thats the best summing up of Lucas I've ever heard, well done!

As for match...where is the vomit smilie?!

gawa316

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 08, 2010, 10:36:19 PM
Reminded me of Houllier's last season when it was one bad display after another.

Was thinking that during the game. Houllier managed to get us into the CL that year and was still sacked...

AZOffaly

Quote from: gawa316 on March 08, 2010, 10:41:11 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 08, 2010, 10:36:19 PM

Was thinking that during the game. Houllier managed to get us into the CL that year and was still sacked...

Another parallel with the last Houllier year was the amount of 'corners turned'. Under GH we turned so many corners we were going around in circles. Rafa has coined the term now after every half decent result, with the same story.

Same shite, different accent.

GalwayBayBoy

Gerrard is sulking on the pitch too. His body language is terrible. Constantly having a go at teammates. Torres was a picture of frustration having to play up front with no red shirts within 30 yards of him. He almost did a Rooney at one point when he lost the ball and chased a Wigan player about 40 yards to kick him.

EC Unique

Up until tonight I thought 4th was Liverpool's to lose. Not now. Points will be dropped by all teams fighting for 4th but a win against teams like Wigan is a must. Shocking result. Can't see Torres remaining at Anfield with no CL football on offer and the club may be forced to sell him anyway. Gerard is well past his best. Maybe he could find his form again playing for a different manager but he just looks un-interested.

The battle for 4th will go down to the last day but will Liverpool be involved?

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on March 08, 2010, 11:21:27 PM
Up until tonight I thought 4th was Liverpool's to lose. Not now. Points will be dropped by all teams fighting for 4th but a win against teams like Wigan is a must. Shocking result. Can't see Torres remaining at Anfield with no CL football on offer and the club may be forced to sell him anyway. Gerard is well past his best. Maybe he could find his form again playing for a different manager but he just looks un-interested.

The battle for 4th will go down to the last day but will Liverpool be involved??????

Not sure about that. He just doesn't seem motivated presently.

magpie seanie

Shit and all as Liverpool were tonight wait til you see them on Satuday week. They'll be flying.

A couple of very dodgy tackles by Torres and especially Gerrard. Ian Dowie described that kind of tackle (Gerrards) accurately last week.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2010, 01:07:18 AM
Shit and all as Liverpool were tonight wait til you see them on Satuday week. They'll be flying.

A couple of very dodgy tackles by Torres and especially Gerrard. Ian Dowie described that kind of tackle (Gerrards) accurately last week.

Torres' actually wasn't that bad at all. It was just frustration but even then he didn't really kick the Wigan player properly. I thought he was going to boot him up in the air when I saw him haring after him. Can't remember the Gerrard one to be honest although I know he got booked.

ross4life

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2010, 01:07:18 AM

Yep seanie

Gerrard will be able to pick his man out from 50/60 yards, Torres will be like a man on mission & the pool defence will suddenly become solid
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

nrico2006

Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 10:37:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 08, 2010, 10:30:42 PM

Yep agreed pool finished with 86Pt's last season i think? that total would easily win the title this season!

P.S it may not mean a lot? but Wigan beat Chelsea 3-1 this season

And Spurs stuck 8 or 9 by Wigan.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Family guy

Have to say wigan were class last nite and would have gave most games a bad nite of it