The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Quote from: 118cmal on September 22, 2009, 09:59:43 PM
Quote from: stiffler on September 22, 2009, 06:30:19 PM
babel 16/1 on PP to get a double tonite. very tasty.
:D good one  :D

never got on in time, PP changed the odds to 7/1 when they seen the line up.

I see they have a market on which utd player is gonna fuk up for a goal next...cheeky cnuts!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gabriel_Hurl

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Watching the game tonight, Dossena is very very poor. I was amazed he played the full 90mins. My gran would be a left-back. I mean he got totally shown up by snodgrass!!! Granted, the lad isnt bad, but he shouldn't be dominating the whole left side of our team. Aurellio didn't cover himself in glory either. Neither was good in the tackle, neither looked confident on the ball. Very poor showing from them 2. We seriously lacked penetration and creativity in the final third. There are simply too many passengers in our squad, that are not even up to being backup.

Cillo

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on September 22, 2009, 10:41:22 PM
Watching the game tonight, Dossena is very very poor. I was amazed he played the full 90mins. My gran would be a left-back. I mean he got totally shown up by snodgrass!!! Granted, the lad isnt bad, but he shouldn't be dominating the whole left side of our team. Aurellio didn't cover himself in glory either. Neither was good in the tackle, neither looked confident on the ball. Very poor showing from them 2. We seriously lacked penetration and creativity in the final third. There are simply too many passengers in our squad, that are not even up to being backup.

Was shocked that Rafa didn't throw on WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! for the last 15 minutes.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 22, 2009, 10:37:36 PM
think Masch should have walked tonight

Definately. I thought it was an accident at first, and when he did so many wee twirls, i thought he was innocent. But when the replay was shown, he should have seen red.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: Cillo on September 22, 2009, 10:46:11 PM

Was shocked that Rafa didn't throw on WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! for the last 15 minutes.

Very good.
I don't know, I just always refer to the team that way, because Im a supporter..Does no-one else do that??? :-\

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on September 22, 2009, 10:49:40 PM

Very good.
I don't know, I just always refer to the team that way, because Im a supporter..Does no-one else do that??? :-\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 22, 2009, 11:08:37 PM
Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on September 22, 2009, 10:49:40 PM

Very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

Suppose thats me told? At least I dont live 200miles away from the ground... :P

Mack the finger

Very poor tonight. Was hoping those pushing for a place
would make a case. Very few showed. Dossena very
poor. Kyrgiakos strong in the tackle but
little else. Are there no young lads more deserving of a
place than Kyrgiakos? Pains me to say, but Agger for Carra.
Aurelio no answer on the left.
Masdch complaining too much and looks lost without Alonso.
Ngog ahowed a good touch and took his goal well.
Whatever money is offered, I'd take it for Babel.
Too many games are hard to watch; this was another.

Hound

I thought Babel played very well in the first half on the right wing. By a distance the msot dangerous player we had. Did little in the 2nd though alright when he was put on the left.

Dossena definitely not the answer at left back. The couple of times he's been half decent for Liverpool, he's been at left midfield. Not sure where Aurelio was playing! - but he didnt really get into the game. He's better than Dossena, but I'd keep Insua at left back at present.

Ngog took his goal really well. Still young and improving.

I thought Spearing was decent when he got into the game in the 2nd half. Sprayed some very nice passes, particularly the one to Babel that led to the corner that eventually led to the goal.

Happy enough with Kyriakos too that he can do a job if called upon.

Overall it wasn't great. Clearly a lot of lads playing together for the first time this season and rustiness was evident. But closed out the game very calmly with nice passing when went 1-0 up.

magpie seanie

What was the point of bringing Voronin back if he won't play him in even the Carling Cup?

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 23, 2009, 09:27:49 AM
What was the point of bringing Voronin back if he won't play him in even the Carling Cup?

Cause thats his level, sub on the Carling cup squad.

Much more important to play Ngog for as much of the game as possible in competitive game. No point playing two up top as we don't play like that week in, week out. Vital to retain the same shape as the team normally plays in. Was impressed with Ngog. Took goal very well but overall, he was strong in air and held ball up well without much support. His progress has been really good to date and hes is getting the goals to match it.

Dossena has no future if thats the best he can do. Aurelio suffered as it was his first game back and out of position. Happy with Spearing, he played the ball well and was very confident all night.
Degen wasn't bad at all going forward but he seems a bit "shy" in the air. Not much came down his side anyways.

All in all, happy enough with game. Sure it wasn't brillant but its a weak and the fringe players got a run out.

blewuporstuffed

i would have thought the best business would have been to get rid of him when he was still worth something and a few of the german clubs were interested instead of keeping him to rot in the reserves and then let him go for free like he did with Penant
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 23, 2009, 10:39:50 AM
i would have thought the best business would have been to get rid of him when he was still worth something and a few of the german clubs were interested instead of keeping him to rot in the reserves and then let him go for free like he did with Penant

That's what I would have thought but there you go.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 23, 2009, 10:39:50 AM

They wanted to get rid of him but Hertha Berlin wouldn't pay what Liverpool valued him at. He has scored lots of goals in Germany so Liverpool weren't going to let him go for peanuts.