The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 10, 2009, 12:35:35 PM
Why would Barcelona want Mascherano anyway?
They may encounter a team that can get the ball off them and may want to win it back.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 10, 2009, 12:35:35 PM
Why would Barcelona want Mascherano anyway?

Mascherano is an unreal player, appears to be very under rated by the common football fan outside Anfield.

That said, I doubt he would fit in with the Barca model and ain;t nobody replacing Xavi and Iniesta.

full back

Rate him a lot higher after the season he has had, good player who I would take to OT in a heartbeat

Toure can play a holding/spoiling role for Barca (or centre half when they are playing against certain teams :-\ ), so is he on his way out?

girt_giggler

I assume this story is only doing the rounds since the rumours that Arsenal are wanting Yaya Toure! Again, why would Toure move to Arsenal apart from the fact his borther plays there.

magpie seanie

Obviously Mascherano is quality and is exactly the type of player (there are few in the world like him) that United badly need. Barca don't need him though and certainly not for 40-50M.

Does anyone else think that some journos have a competition to see who can get the most outlandish rubbish story printed? There must be some sort of secret award for it.

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 10, 2009, 02:12:37 PM
Obviously Mascherano is quality and is exactly the type of player (there are few in the world like him) that United badly need. Barca don't need him though and certainly not for 40-50M.

Does anyone else think that some journos have a competition to see who can get the most outlandish rubbish story printed? There must be some sort of secret award for it.

If you read the piece again it was Rafa who brought up the 40m-50m and said that even for that we don't want to sell him.

Off course its silly season and many daft stories will come out. Maybe Barca do want him, maybe they plan to sell Yaya or use him as CB next year. We don't know.

It could have more outragous though. It could have been Anderson they where linked to  ;)

full back

Quote from: bingobus on June 10, 2009, 02:22:02 PM

Off course its silly season and many daft stories will come out. Maybe Barca do want him, maybe they plan to sell Yaya or use him as CB next year. We don't know.

I wish Yaya was for sale
If Utd could get him we would be laughing as it isnt looking good for Hargreaves for the immediate future
The scousers wouldnt even consider selling Mascharano, they need to buy to challenge for the title, not sell their best players

corn02

My advice is sit back and enjoy them, it's early days yet!

Doogie Browser

The only story I have read with credibility is that Liverpool are in dire financial straits  :'(

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on June 10, 2009, 02:34:19 PM

My advice is sit back and enjoy them, it's early days yet!

That is the reason I have posted a few. I never read too much into them just get a laugh or 2 now and again. Look at last summer with the will he stay or will he go with Ronaldo. Different story every day and in the end nothing! I don't think Mascherano or Alonso will leave with a couple of squad palyers coming in with a lack of funds preventing any 'world class' players coming. With all the bad financial press Liverpool are getting at present no big players would want to join them this summer anyway.

magpie seanie

2 to 4 decent squad players are what Liverpool need and possibly one top notch player. Don't have the money for the latter so will have to settle for the former in my view and hope for few injuries to Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso.

DennistheMenace

supersarsfields

I'd say that game last night would push Johnston's value up a bit, albeit up against very little. Think he had a hand in 5 of the goals.