The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 26, 2009, 09:12:50 AM
Sky and Talksport are as guilty as anybody of twisting any story about Rafa into something it's not.

The amount of sh*te they broadcast about the club is a disgrace.  Why should he give them anymore information than he is contracted to do so?

So yes Sky, fire away with the questions like 'how important was that win' just don't expect any co-operation when you report lies and baseless information as truth.

What sh!te has been broadcast?
Do you not want to know why Rafa has not signed? - The man is getting a huge salary for managing one of the biggest clubs in the world. They took a gamble on him... he should show faith in them & show some loyalty to (most) of the supporters who have showed some loyalty in him, by continuing to support him & stand up for him in silly arguments like this, where a journalist has asked a few 'tricky' questions!

EC Unique

Great result for Liverpool. Shows the difference in the 2 leagues when Liverpool who are struggling for points can beat Real who are on a great winning run!!  How bad is the injury to Torres? He is turning out to be a bit of a crock!!

Goats Do Shave

Some great photo's in here again...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7910309.stm

Corn...
Take a look at picture 9 - must be a peno - hand on shoulder?  :P

#6 - Ramos could be the next Bond!

brokencrossbar1

A very good(and unexpected) win which puts Liverpool in a strong position for the second leg.  The one thing I would fear is that Madrid are the sort of team that if they get their dander up can rip a team apart, both home and away.  It will be a big night for the crowd to reignite themselves as they have become subdued of late and bring some spirit unto the whole thing.  An early Liverpool goal finishes the tie as they will shut up shop.

In regards to the Rafa contract saga, he hasn't signed a contract and that is common knowledge, but is it possible that the issue is not Rafa and is actually the club and the owners.  I had a conversation with a fellow Liverpool fan in work and we were speculating about something.  Perhaps a deal has been done to sell the club and part of the deal is that Rafa is not wanted.  Liverpool FC owners(and I emphasise that as I do not see them as Liverpool) are putting pressure on him to walk so that they can take the moral high ground and when it is sold on they look clean.  I could be wrong but let's face it business is a stinking place and the amount of double talking that happens is unreal.  

Chrisowc

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 26, 2009, 09:25:18 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on February 26, 2009, 09:12:50 AM
Sky and Talksport are as guilty as anybody of twisting any story about Rafa into something it's not.

The amount of sh*te they broadcast about the club is a disgrace.  Why should he give them anymore information than he is contracted to do so?

So yes Sky, fire away with the questions like 'how important was that win' just don't expect any co-operation when you report lies and baseless information as truth.

What sh!te has been broadcast?
Do you not want to know why Rafa has not signed? - The man is getting a huge salary for managing one of the biggest clubs in the world. They took a gamble on him... he should show faith in them & show some loyalty to (most) of the supporters who have showed some loyalty in him, by continuing to support him & stand up for him in silly arguments like this, where a journalist has asked a few 'tricky' questions!

What tricky questions did he ask?  The same ones that Rafa answered on the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7908110.stm

People negotiate and he is in a relatively strong position so who would blame him for trying to get the conditions he wants.  I don't believe this is about money as I'm sure he has enough to do him and his family for more than a lifetime.  He hasn't signed because there are certain things that he is not happy with.  He is a football man so let him make footballing decisions and let Parry f**k off and save the Post Office.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minder

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on February 26, 2009, 09:40:48 AM
Where was Ruud Van Nistlerooy last night?  What other striking options do Real Madrid have?  Surely they have someone other than Raul who is past it in my estimation.

He is out injured for the rest of the season.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 26, 2009, 09:30:36 AM

Corn...

No downward pressure lad, unlike a certain Brazilian who tugged the player back.  :-*

Rossie11

QuoteShows the difference in the 2 leagues when Liverpool who are struggling for points can beat Real who are on a great winning run!!

Cant really make the comparison based on last night
I mean would Stoke city hold Madrid scoreless for 3 hours? Or would liverpool win 9 in a row in Spain??

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on February 26, 2009, 09:50:53 AM

Corn...

No downward pressure lad, unlike a certain Brazilian who tugged the player back.  :-*

Them huge Brazillians must have some size of arms!

Ha ha ha!! Referee's are going to have to be supplied with a Newton Meter from now on!

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 26, 2009, 10:14:19 AM
Quote from: corn02 on February 26, 2009, 09:50:53 AM

Corn...

Them huge Brazillians must have some size of arms!

Ha ha ha!! Referee's are going to have to be supplied with a Newton Meter from now on!

No no, doesn;t matter about arm size, just if they pull you down.  ;)

The Corporal

Torres out inj again, with an ankle injury this time. The man must be made out of glass

bingobus

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 26, 2009, 08:50:57 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on February 26, 2009, 08:40:51 AM
Had to laugh at Rafa not giving that muppet Shreeves on Sky his soundbite about his 'resignation' then going straight to the BBC and giving them the low-down.

Well he did tell Shreeves but he must be too stupid to realise -

I hope Rafa and the players start treating some of these media outlets with the contempt they deserve.

I don't understand that statement at all. I can understand people having no time for the written media, as they write lie on a daily basis. However, the TV & Radio media are trying to get to the bottom of stories for us! I would like to know what the stumbling blocks are for Rafa not signing this contract. You cannot blame the reporters for asking the questions that we want to know the answers to.

If they didn't ask the questions, or asked the same clichéd questions all the time, then we would be criticising them for not doing their job correctly!

Well at least he talked to them. A certain Knight up the road won't give the time of day to half the broadcast or written media because he gets pissed off when they dared cricticism him. Now Sky and Utv partically ride him everytime his name is mentioned. Maybe it is shredness on his half to keep them on side or perhaps he's a stubborn old fart (albeit a top manager).

Rafa has to be getting sick of the constant press been attached to Liverpool and him. Maybe he brought it on himself but if he had gone to the San Siro to play Inter and left Gerrard or Torres on the bench when fully fit and only got a draw when a win was on the cards he would be ripped apart by the media.

Regarding when he hasn't signed the contract it is too easy to say he should sign it as a sign of loyalty to the supporters and cause he on a huge salary. It wouldn't be very loyal of him to sign a contract that allows Parry to have the final say over his backroom team or on players. The latest is that Rafa agrees details with the owners and when the contract is presented to him, its differs from the agreement they had made. The delay at present is over contracts and assurances over the backroom team.

EC Unique

Quote from: Rossie11 on February 26, 2009, 09:57:40 AM
QuoteShows the difference in the 2 leagues when Liverpool who are struggling for points can beat Real who are on a great winning run!!

I mean would Stoke city hold Madrid scoreless for 3 hours? Or would liverpool win 9 in a row in Spain??

I think you are missing my point. I'm saying the premiership is obviously the best league in terms of quality going by this result and indeed the results in the CL over the last year or so.  By the way what do you mean by 3 hours?

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on February 26, 2009, 11:00:48 AM
Quote from: Rossie11 on February 26, 2009, 09:57:40 AM

I think you are missing my point. I'm saying the premiership is obviously the best league in terms of quality going by this result and indeed the results in the CL over the last year or so.  By the way what do you mean by 3 hours?

The top 3 teams in the EPL are very strong but they are not representative of the overall quality of the league.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"