The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Re the booing that is talked about here.

When I was at Anfield two weeks back, I could not get over how quiet the Lpool crowd were. It was like a morgue. The commentators on Sunday's game commented the same re the atmposphere at the City game. What's happened this 'famous Anfield roar'?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gabriel_Hurl

corn02

Quote from: Hound on February 24, 2009, 08:23:54 AM
Quote from: corn02 on February 23, 2009, 05:54:44 PM
The Pool forum I be on has a lot of regulars on it and they are fast becoming disillusioned with the Anfield crowd. Although not defending his performances, many are sickened by the constant booing and heckling Lucas got. The club is moving away from the 'Liverpool Way' that use to set the club above the rest.

If fans are willing to boo a player from the off, eg Lucas yesterday and Fulham at home, what hope is there?

A bit of humility needed in the crowd, not stupid day-trippers who have too much to drink, usually carry an Irish accent, spend £100 in the club shop and listen to sensationalist media coverage which they think justifies their right to boo a player minutes after the first whistle.

I don;t give a f**k. A supporter is meant to support. If a player is not giving his all, f**k him. If a player is giving his all and it is not coming off, don;t get on his back you pack of c***ts.
In my view the bit I bolded is nonsense. If there is booing going on then you cannot put it down to Irish daytrippers!

However I believe "constant booing and heckling" is a huge exaggeration. Lucas got heckled when he made mistakes. And the reasons are the fans are sick of him making mistakes. Many fans think he's not good enough to wear the jersey, its up to him to prove them wrong. Liverpool fans don't heckle or boo because of one game going wrong. That's when they are great and really get behind the team. Its when the same mistakes are repeated over and over, 6 home draws out of 13 (ManU have had 1), that frustration finally gets the better of the paying public.

As for right back, I was a fan or Arbeloa before this season and I really thought he'd become the best right back in the country this season. But he hasnt. He's done fine but made the odd costly mistake. Personally I think Carra-Skrtel-Agger-LB is marginally better than Arbeloa-Skrtel-Carra-LB.

Yeah Hound of course I don't mean every day-tripper. But a look around the Liverpool forums would let you kinow what they think of the Irish fans in gerneral, and it is not simply because we are Irish.

The Scousers do paint all the Irish with the same brush, but I must admit most whopperish behavious, as it is known, more often than not comes from an Irish voice. I have seen boys coming over from Dublin , come into a match and not even be sober enough to watch - it is frustrating because there is a large proportion who want to go over and watch the game, not just get sloshed.

corn02

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on February 24, 2009, 12:29:50 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 23, 2009, 05:54:44 PM
I don;t give a f**k. A supporter is meant to support. If a player is not giving his all, f**k him. If a player is giving his all and it is not coming off, don;t get on his back you pack of c***ts.

In a perfect world corn this is how it is supposed to be but this world ain't perfect and i don't have to tell you that.  Its the same at any level of sport.  Hell, you could burst your arse in a reserve game for your local club, make a few mistakes and there will always be people in the crowd who will make you well aware of what you just did or didn't do.  Its just the typical sports spectater if you ask me, they are going to voice their opinions but to elaborate on your point, i think with sports fans there is always a tendency to pick on certain players.  For example and im just using this as an example as these 2 guys are my fav players at the club, but it Torres and Gerrard went a few games playing woefully there would not be a word said or you would hear 'its just not happening for him at the minute' whereas the likes of Lucas, Benny and Kuyt to an extent could play 4 or 5 good games in a row and the minute they are having a poor one you will hear remarks such as ' he is shite', 'what is he doing on', 'get him off'.  One player can make a mistake and its all 'hard luck go again' whereas another player makes a mistake ' get him off to f**k, he's not good enough'.

I think the majority of us here, including myself would even be guilty of that on occasions.  I suppose you have to learn just to deal with it.

Exactly and it happens everywhere, but Liverpool always based themselves on being different.

You make a good point about Torres and Gerrard basically being free from stick, and with good reason too, but a bit of balance is needed.

anportmorforjfc

should be a brilliant game between yous and real over the two legs. Madrid are in brilliant form whereas liverpool are not, but its the champions league so i wouldn't be suprised if liverpool go there and win. Anyone think Gerrard will play a part? IMO he shouldn't play unless liverpool are chasing the game and getting beat.

Prediction 1-1

corn02

peterquaife

"For example and im just using this as an example as these 2 guys are my fav players at the club, but it Torres and Gerrard went a few games playing woefully there would not be a word said or you would hear 'its just not happening for him at the minute' whereas the likes of Lucas, Benny and Kuyt to an extent could play 4 or 5 good games in a row and the minute they are having a poor one you will hear remarks such as ' he is shite', 'what is he doing on', 'get him off'.  One player can make a mistake and its all 'hard luck go again' whereas another player makes a mistake ' get him off to f**k, he's not good enough'."

surely good players usually play, well, good. sometimes they will dip below that, but generally they are good. Average players are usually average but can sometimes rise above being average to be good, but generally they are average

and Corn02, stop acting like you're a 12 year supporting your team. The manager cant do no wrong, the players cant do no wrong, and if a paying fan wants to vent his anger at someone who thinks doesnt deserve to be wearing the shirt, then let him and stop calling them c**ts. The targetted player wont be around for long, but the chances are the fan will (i have never uttered a booing noise at the ground by the way)

and whoever labeled them irish daytrippers, christ have ye ever been in the Stanley / Albert etc pre / post games to get the views of the locals?

and you can be as dismissive if you want re my Stephen Kenny comment all ye want (which i stick by)

QP

The GAA

Krancjar is a quality player and if he could be got cheap he'd add to any squad. out of contract next year so that could be a runner

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on February 24, 2009, 01:06:17 PM
"For example and im just using this as an example as these 2 guys are my fav players at the club, but it Torres and Gerrard went a few games playing woefully there would not be a word said or you would hear 'its just not happening for him at the minute' whereas the likes of Lucas, Benny and Kuyt to an extent could play 4 or 5 good games in a row and the minute they are having a poor one you will hear remarks such as ' he is shite', 'what is he doing on', 'get him off'.  One player can make a mistake and its all 'hard luck go again' whereas another player makes a mistake ' get him off to f**k, he's not good enough'."

surely good players usually play, well, good. sometimes they will dip below that, but generally they are good. Average players are usually average but can sometimes rise above being average to be good, but generally they are average

and Corn02, stop acting like you're a 12 year supporting your team. The manager cant do no wrong, the players cant do no wrong, and if a paying fan wants to vent his anger at someone who thinks doesnt deserve to be wearing the shirt, then let him and stop calling them c**ts. The targetted player wont be around for long, but the chances are the fan will (i have never uttered a booing noise at the ground by the way)

and whoever labeled them irish daytrippers, christ have ye ever been in the Stanley / Albert etc pre / post games to get the views of the locals?

and you can be as dismissive if you want re my Stephen Kenny comment all ye want (which i stick by)

QP

You're right get Stephen Kenny in.

corn02

are average

QP

Yip boo them until they ship em out - right attitude there. You are happy for them to boo players, you are one of those c***ts in my eyes then.

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on February 24, 2009, 01:14:26 PM
are average

QP

Yip boo them until they ship em out - right attitude there. You are happy for them to boo players, you are one of those c***ts in my eyes then.

not at all, just ship them out and bring in players worthy of the shirt. its time for liverpool to start making some big decisions

and less of the name calling. you dont know who I am or my level of support for the reds. if someone doesnt agree with what you have to say and your opinions, let them, thay have as much right to an opinion as the next man
P                              Q

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on February 24, 2009, 01:34:17 PM
are average

QP

not at all, just ship them out and bring in players worthy of the shirt. its time for liverpool to start making some big decisions

and less of the name calling. you dont know who I am or my level of support for the reds. if someone doesnt agree with what you have to say and your opinions, let them, thay have as much right to an opinion as the next man

Not calling you a ****, just putting you in the cuntish supporter section.

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on February 24, 2009, 01:46:46 PM
Quote from: peterquaife on February 24, 2009, 01:34:17 PM
are average

QP

Not calling you a ****, just putting you in the cuntish supporter section.

nice one...I'm sure I'll bump into you in the Sandon or somewhere near the ground in the next few weeks for a pint, but then again, I'm pretty sure I wont...you'll be down your local arguing with Utd fans

PQ

bingobus

QP

GO AWAY. You can't be taken seriously if you suggest Stephen Kenny as manager, no matter what kind of fan you think you are. By the way, are you trying to name every pub round anfield as some sort of way of proving you are a superfan  ::)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on February 24, 2009, 01:02:54 PM
Midfielder  has put contract talks on hold at Portsmouth and says he wants to join a Champions League team in the summer. (Daily Telegraph)

What is anyones thoughts on the above?  personally i rate Krancjar highly and would like to see Liverpool make a push to sign him.  technically very gifted and dont think he would break the bank if you where to get him.

yeah def think he would be a great buy for liverpool, a bit of quality to the midfield and even though riera has been at least a partial sucess, still thing we need someone like kranjcar with real quality on the left
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either