The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2020, 08:48:40 PM
When do ye reckon the trophy presentation will be?
On the pitch after the Cheslea game as it's the last home game of the season or will they do it somewhere else seeing as there will be no crowd that day.

After the Chelsea game I think they said. Currently scheduled for weekend of July 18th I believe.

supersub

Quote from: BennyCake on June 27, 2020, 08:07:26 PM
Fair enough, wasn't aware of the videos.

I'm not criticising the partying because it's Liverpoool fans. I'm criticising it because it's clearly a stupid thing to do in a feckin' pandemic! Just the same as those protests, garden parties and assholes on the beaches.

No absolutely, you are correct. Second paragraph wasn't directed at you!

Capt Pat

So Liverpool will not be going after Napoli defender Koulibaly after all according to reports on Sky Sports. I rate Koulibaly highly but his price and age are prohibitive in mine and the clubs opinions.

Liverpool may still get a centre half i if Lovren who is nearly 31 leaves. Kouliobaly is 29 and I would like to think that if Liverpool went after another centre half he would be no older than 26.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 30, 2020, 12:11:56 AM
So Liverpool will not be going after Napoli defender Koulibaly after all according to reports on Sky Sports. I rate Koulibaly highly but his price and age are prohibitive in mine and the clubs opinions.

Liverpool may still get a centre half i if Lovren who is nearly 31 leaves. Kouliobaly is 29 and I would like to think that if Liverpool went after another centre half he would be no older than 26.
I read that Liverpool were favourites because they were willing to include Lovren in the deal. Can't see it happening though,would still be too dear and at 29 wouldn't be worth the investment. Gomez also too good and promising to drop. Would prefer a solid backup and replacement for Lovren as Van den berg and Hoever are still a few years away yet.

TabClear

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 30, 2020, 12:32:58 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 30, 2020, 12:11:56 AM

I read that Liverpool were favourites because they were willing to include Lovren in the deal. Can't see it happening though,would still be too dear and at 29 wouldn't be worth the investment. Gomez also too good and promising to drop. Would prefer a solid backup and replacement for Lovren as Van den berg and Hoever are still a few years away yet.

Agree with that. It would be a kick in the balls to Gomez who has been exceptional the past two seasons. When Liverpool pulled away over Christmas/New Year it was mainly down to the run of 8/9 clean sheets on the bounce that coincided with his return to the team.  Sometimes he does not get the credit he deserves because of the brilliance of VVD alongside him but I think he has not finished on a losing premier league game for over two years. He marshalled that team of kids supedbly against Everton in the cup and hopefully he stays around for a few years.

I have high hopes for Hoeevr. NOt so much Van de Berg.

gawa316

Agreed...Gomez & VVD are the best partnership in the league...no need to be tweaking with it. Gomez is only 24, has all the attributes (pace, power, height, on the ball etc.) to become one of the best in the league. If Lovren does go (probably best for his own sanity because of the amount of shite he gets of some of his own), I would like them to be looking at 20-24 yr old to come in and isn't going to mind not being first choice.

Liverpool's squad is not old but there is very little in the 20-24 yr old category other than TAA and Gomez. It's fine for right now and the next couple of years but long term we need to sign and bed players of this age so they are ready to step up when current bunch are moving into their 30's.

The younger generation 17-20 seems to be well catered for with Jones, Williams, Elliott, Brewster, and Hoover all showing they have the right qualities to succeed. Van Den Berg was considered a scoop at the time but he hasn't shown me anything in the brief time he will go onto future stardom. I know it's early days and I'm not writing him off but he needs to get on the steak and Guinness and gain a few pounds.

laoislad

I see the African Nations Cup has been postponed until 2022 so no worries about losing players for a month in January next year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on June 30, 2020, 09:12:44 PM
I see the African Nations Cup has been postponed until 2022 so no worries about losing players for a month in January next year.

Conspiraceeeeee!

supersub

No reason to not go for Koulibaly in my own opinion.

Need to strengthen everywhere. Yes there is an excellent partnership there but we are heavily reliant on the same back 4 being fit every game. No reason why VVD, Gomez and Koulibaly can't compete for two spots with back up at left and right back where Gomez is concerned also. What happens if Gomez or VVD get injured themselves? Gomez prone to it. Need to be able to have full confidence in the replacements at any given time. It's a long season with plenty of games.

Armamike

Liverpool won't cough out that kind of money for a 29 year old. He is brilliant though.
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

There won't be many big purchases I'd say for clubs. Klopp will look to develop the likes of Williams, Larouci and Hooever in particular as defensive back ups. Maybe buy in a mid level centre back to replace Lovern, if the money was right for Nathan Aki I'd look at him. Minamino and Keita hopefully will kick on. You never know with Shaqiri but he may look to go for 1st team football. Can see the likes of Curtis, Elliott and Brewster getting game time in cups and more game time in the league. Would certainly be trying to bring one of the young lads into each league game till the season end. With the AFCON cup gone then there is less concerns.

J70

Can't see Ake moving to a big club as back-up. He already left Chelsea for that reason. Good player though - very quick, good tackler, decent on the ball. A wee bit short, but don't think that would matter too much at a club like Liverpool where you're not usually going to be stood in your area heading the ball away.

trueblue1234

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 01, 2020, 01:41:59 PM
There won't be many big purchases I'd say for clubs. Klopp will look to develop the likes of Williams, Larouci and Hooever in particular as defensive back ups. Maybe buy in a mid level centre back to replace Lovern, if the money was right for Nathan Aki I'd look at him. Minamino and Keita hopefully will kick on. You never know with Shaqiri but he may look to go for 1st team football. Can see the likes of Curtis, Elliott and Brewster getting game time in cups and more game time in the league. Would certainly be trying to bring one of the young lads into each league game till the season end. With the AFCON cup gone then there is less concerns.

I don't think either will make it. Shaq had his moments but always felt he plugged a gap more than anything and threatened to do so much but never did it consistently enough. Which is a pity. Think he would be good for a mid table club as one of their main attacks.
Minamino, just haven't seen enough of him and was really hoping we had gotten a bargain.  Maybe he'll come good but I have my doubts. I know he's only had a few months so hope he can kick on and Klopp cn develop him.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2020, 01:47:46 PM
Can't see Ake moving to a big club as back-up. He already left Chelsea for that reason. Good player though - very quick, good tackler, decent on the ball. A wee bit short, but don't think that would matter too much at a club like Liverpool where you're not usually going to be stood in your area heading the ball away.

Understand that but if Bournemouth go down then his choices may be forced.

J70

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 01, 2020, 01:53:51 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 01, 2020, 01:41:59 PM

I don't think either will make it. Shaq had his moments but always felt he plugged a gap more than anything and threatened to do so much but never did it consistently enough. Which is a pity. Think he would be good for a mid table club as one of their main attacks.
Minamino, just haven't seen enough of him and was really hoping we had gotten a bargain.  Maybe he'll come good but I have my doubts. I know he's only had a few months so hope he can kick on and Klopp cn develop him.

Bear in mind it took Robertson and Fabinho six months to break through after joining as Klopp worked on them. Minamino does look like he needs to bulk up a little, but I think it's way too early to write him off, especially as he has barely had a look in so far.