The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2019, 09:02:49 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 03, 2019, 11:50:36 PM
Kompany lead with the studs and should have walked. Another ref bottles it when a big call is the right one. Man City played like a team who needed the win more and just about deserved it. If  Gomez or matip(yes even him) where on instead of Loveren then it's at least a draw. Still 4 up but it's how the players respond that dictates the rest of the season.
Didn't think it was a red card myself.
I didn't even think it was a foul initially but looking at it back on slow motion it looked a lot worse. Could have been dangerous.

Overall think City looked the better team. They are a totally different prospect with Fernandinho back in the team. As important as De Bruyne to that City team. Worryingly City seem to be getting back to their best team again now and I'd expect them to push on from here and drop very few points for the remainder of the season.
But I wouldn't rule out Liverpool doing the same. I think they are the best two squads in the league at the minute but 4 points over 17 odd games is very little.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

mrdeeds

Kompany lead with the studs and should have walked. Another ref bottles it when a big call is the right one. Man City played like a team who needed the win more and just about deserved it. If  Gomez or matip(yes even him) where on instead of Loveren then it's at least a draw. Still 4 up but it's how the players respond that dictates the rest of the season.

VVD done same tackle against Napoli and according to Pool fans it was fine. Liverpool have got their fair share of referee calls in recent weeks including diving and grabbing a player around the throat so can't blame the referee when it suits.

trueblue1234

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 04, 2019, 09:50:53 AM

VVD done same tackle against Napoli and according to Pool fans it was fine. Liverpool have got their fair share of referee calls in recent weeks including diving and grabbing a player around the throat so can't blame the referee when it suits.

Yeah we can, same way every other supporter does the same for their team.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

TabClear

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 04, 2019, 09:50:53 AM

Just looked at it again on youtube. Pretty similar and I think a yellow was the right call for both. Not sure if the rules stipulate that it shoud be a red however. Agree with your point that either way, the punishment should have been the same for both.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2019, 09:02:49 AM
Didn't think it was a red card myself.
I think Carraghers comments were fair, out of 10 referees, maybe 2 or 3 send him off for that tackle.
its borderline, but yellow probably just about right.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Armamike

It was always going to be very difficult to get a win last night but a draw would have suited fine.  City were pumped up and played like their season depended on it.  Besides their quality, they worked as hard as they've ever done in closing down and getting bodies behind the ball.  A back handed compliment to Liverpool in some ways.  I don't think some of their players will exert the same energy the rest of the season but they'll probably not have to.  Thought at the start that Klopp handed them a bit of initiative with the midfield line up and went for the safer option, though Fabinho looks now like he's a certain starter from now on.  Lovren was just Lovren.  He seemed to be involved in any chances City caught.  Doesn't have the speed of thought to deal with problems.  Gomez in that position with Aguero would probably have got a block in.

Very fine margins in these games.  If we had had a bit of luck with that early chance from Mane then the dynamic of the game changes and City's confidence was rocked. 

If Liverpool respond well in the next few games and tag on another couple of wins then this result can be put to bed.  Man city don't need any more encouragement.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Esmarelda

Regardless of our own opinion on what is/isn't a red card, premier league referees have been giving red cards when a player's two feet leave the ground over the past few seasons. "Out of control" is the term that's thrown around and Kompany's tackle , in my view, clearly falls into this category. Add in that Salah had a clear enough, if very long, run in on goal and I don't see how it wasn't a red.

Hound

Couldnt believe it when Fabinho was on the bench. Can't play Hendo and Wijnaldum together, especially against a good team.

Wijnaldum gets a lot of praise, but I just can't see it. He's fine when we're on top, but you can absolutely count on him to disappear when the going gets tough. Hates having the ball. Avoids responsibility at all costs. Lost count of the number of times you could see him pointing, directing the man with the ball to give it to someone else, not him. Klopp had him out of the team last year for a long stretch until Ox and Can got injured, I'd like to see combinations of Fab, Shaq, Keita and Milner as the basis of our midfield, and hopefully Ox back for the run-in (recovery seems to be going well).

Fabinho's not a Souness or an Alonso by any stretch, but our midfield play improved immeasurably when he was on the field.

Brighton will be massive. 3 points there and we'll take beating. Anything less and City back favourites.

Minder

Clyne away to Bournemouth on loan
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Solanke off to Bournemouth for £19million...
Yes you read that right.... £19 million..... :o
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2019, 03:26:54 PM
Solanke off to Bournemouth for £19million...
Yes you read that right.... £19 million..... :o

Solanke, Ibe and Brad Smith have been signed by Bournemouth for a total of £40m.  When Rhiann Brewster gets back fit he can take big Dom's role within the squad and be a much better suited player.  That is outrageous work by Michael Edwards.  Bank that £19m towards summer signings and sign a pre-contract with Rabiot.  I wonder can we fleece anyone else for the likes of Markovic?

TabClear

Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2019, 02:16:47 PM
Clyne away to Bournemouth on loan

I am hoping this means that Gomez is close to a return. I know Milner or Fabinho can cover at RB  but its not what you would want for the rest of the season if TAA picked up a bad knock. You know Gomez can slot in there with Matip/Lovren ( ::)) covering at CH.

£19m for Solanke is good business for both clubs. Solanke is a decent, old fashioned forward but not mobile enough for Klopp's system. He will score goals though if he gets a run in the team.

Maroon Manc

Kompany should have been sent off, off the ground with studs showing. Not sure what Carragher was on about.

How Anthony Taylor gets games involving United & City is beyond me, he's a Manc who apparently supports Altrincham; Don't see how any Mancunian wouldn't have a soft spot for either Manchester club.

I'll be interested to see how Liverpool do in the run in when the pressure is on although I'm not overly convinced its an advantage City have over you; Will the front 3 tire come April? They'll have played a lot of football by then, can they keep going at the same pace!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 04, 2019, 03:56:25 PM
Kompany should have been sent off, off the ground with studs showing. Not sure what Carragher was on about.

How Anthony Taylor gets games involving United & City is beyond me, he's a Manc who apparently supports Altrincham; Don't see how any Mancunian wouldn't have a soft spot for either Manchester club.

I'll be interested to see how Liverpool do in the run in when the pressure is on although I'm not overly convinced its an advantage City have over you; Will the front 3 tire come April? They'll have played a lot of football by then, can they keep going at the same pace!

The tiredness issue is interesting as I read a stat which states that Liverpool have actually significantly reduced the amount of grass they cover per game this season in comparison to previous seasons and are sitting middle of the pack in that regards.  This could be very telling as the real business end of the season kicks in and the legs start tiring.

Harold Disgracey

Solanke away to Bournemouth for £19m. Good business?