The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: TabClear on May 17, 2018, 10:09:21 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 17, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
Quote from: supersub on May 16, 2018, 04:59:36 PM
Confirmed. Fair play to the lad - first year outta minor too.

Wait till he returns from the WC with his fragile confidence shot to bits by the media expecting miracles from him.

God forbid he makes a mistake which costs a goal, he'll be hounded.

Unfortunately thats the issue with TAA (& Gomez). Very good for 95% of the game but liable to make a naive mistake and get caught on the wrong side/ball watching that leads to a goal.

Makes you appreciate just how good Steve Finnan and Rob Jones (for some of you older lads  ;) ) were.

I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. Amazing how the attitude changes once England are involved.  ::)

The lads first full season and wasn't even a regular the whole season at that, he has done extremely well, of course he is going to make mistakes, what young (or old) player doesn't!! It's how he improves is the key. Fact remains he has been a regular in the team the last few months against some of the best players he is going to come up against. Look at Carragher, he was an absolute bombscare in midfield and right back especially when he started, and improved vastly in a quick period. TAA has started off a lot better than this already. Added to the fact he is probably best suited in midfield, he's doing ok! Doubt he will get too much game time due to Walker/system England will play. But so be it.

trailer

I wouldn't worry too much about the young lad making mistakes. He'll only be making them in training games.

gawa316

He has the best right foot in that squad. Could defo see him being a weapon, playing wing back for them.

An Watcher

He's been poor since the second leg of the man city game.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Text from a United supporting friend of mine after the game today. I don't care that we lost all that matters is Liverpool don't win next week..
That about sums them up imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2018, 09:03:09 PM
Text from a United supporting friend of mine after the game today. I don't care that we lost all that matters is Liverpool don't win next week..

Sums you up more like....

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 19, 2018, 09:12:33 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2018, 09:03:09 PM

Sums you up more like....

You embarrassment  :-X

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 11, 2018, 10:48:02 PM
If Liverpool win the UCL the mods can retire for a while as the vast majority of complaints are due to overly-sensitive 'pool fans not being able to take a bit of 'schtick over their failure to win as much as a teapot in 7 years and just one pathetic league cup in 11 years.  This leads to either (a) the wee scallys bleating to the mods for the rest of us for laughing at them or (b) them resorting to personal insults and incurring bans.   Bless.

supersub

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 18, 2018, 04:37:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 18, 2018, 12:37:09 PM
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-inside-story-of-how-jurgen-klopp-weathered-the-worst-to-lead-liverpool-to-the-champions-league-final-178445

Anyone who hasn't read this yet should take 10 minutes if their lunch. Great article

A great read

Good to know I was on the same wavelength as JK. :-)

Quote from: supersub on January 05, 2018, 12:39:15 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2018, 09:59:41 AM
The obvious reason you wouldn't is because without him you weaken your chances of a top 4 finish.

Yes that is a well quoted line in the whole saga alright, but next year are they going to be weaker without him to finish in the top four too by that regard? At least at the moment they are in a good position i.e. 4th and have strengthened at the back which is badly needed and might (maybe not) bring in someone else attacking wise. The strengthening of the defence is as important in terms of dropped points as losing Coutinho. Listen, there is no doubt losing him will be a big blow, but my point is it is going to happen sometime, and they will need to adapt whenever that is. If he goes in the summer do they go into next season thinking our chances of top four are severely weakened?

Personally I think Liverpool are good enough to remain in the top four without Coutinho, only because the defence has started to be addressed. There is still enough attacking threat to create and score goals, and lots of them with Salah, Mane, Firmino, Llalana, Wjinaldum, Ox etc in there.

Milltown Row2

Coutinho scored a wonder goal last night, wasnt in the game that much, but took his goal really well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2018, 11:15:48 AM
Coutinho scored a wonder goal last night, wasnt in the game that much, but took his goal really well

I think he will go on to prove a good signing for barca next season when he gets a run of games.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersub

He'll be a star. And will outlast Messi which will help. Hope he does well.